ADVERTISEMENT

******Illinois vs Iowa Game Thread******

I still feel like he should be the primary ball carrier. He's a big play waiting to happen.
Ehhh, I think Williams and Kaleb. I'm not sold on Jazz yet. He has the want to , just not the power of Wiliams or the vision of Johnson.
Williams is a power running stud that we need the majority of times with the stacked box. Throw in Kaleb to shake things up with the big play ability that he brings.
I can't believe we don't pass to these guys more often. Jazz looks like a receiver as much as a running back.

Reactions: shudaddy
McRibs are cool!

Beavis And Butthead Yes GIF by Paramount+
Bert didn't win though...

I think Iowa wins this game by 2 scores with CDJ in there, but I have to give kudos to the Illini coaches for a great game plan and in-game coaching. That's about as hard of a time our D has had (at least it seemed so) and their defense really stepped it up, especially against the run (Kaleb's 2 big runs notwithstanding).
There's no doubt that losing CDJ cost Iowa some yards, but Illinois only scored 13 points so I'm not sure that the outcome would have been much different.

Reactions: kceasthawk
You're dumb, the Hawks won and, by your own admission, you didn't get to see it. Justice!
I didn't need to see it when I listened to it. Gary and Ed are my favorite commentators. I purposefully stepped away because when you stress out that much about a game, you need to step away. I made the right decision.

And like I said, our offense is terrible, and our defense stepped up and won us the game. So I was right, again. Justice!

I didn't need to see it when I listened to it. Gary and Ed are my favorite commentators. I purposefully stepped away because when you stress out that much about a game, you need to step away. I made the right decision.

And like I said, our offense is terrible, and our defense stepped up and won us the game. So I was right, again. Justice!
You also need to step away from posting.

• Haha
Reactions: PIEPI and 2D_
Postgame Iowa threads when everyone has downed an 18 pack of beer are more entertaining than I thought!

Ehhh, I think Williams and Kaleb. I'm not sold on Jazz yet. He has the want to , just not the power of Wiliams or the vision of Johnson.
Williams is a power running stud that we need the majority of times with the stacked box. Throw in Kaleb to shake things up with the big play ability that he brings.
I can't believe we don't pass to these guys more often. Jazz looks like a receiver as much as a running back.
IMO all 3 for Iowa are very good If KJ could be hard nosed and lean forward for tough yards like JP (despite his size) and LW he'd be the clear #1. Unfortunately the science isn't there yet to blend all 3 into 1 human yet.

Adding onto that I think Jaz would be awesome in 2 back sets with motions/ jet sweeps sprinkled in

Reactions: shudaddy
He looked OK by any standards but you've already made up your mind on him.
The dude is terrible. A third grader could make the throws that he is making.
Clearly the coaching staff has zero confidence in him being able to make any tough throws as well.
I 100% believe based on the bowl game last year that labas would be better.

Uh, the offense came through at the end. You should have watched it.

• Haha
Reactions: 2D_
I’m sorry. Sincerely.

Just typed it without thinking.

Won’t happen again.
I appreciate the response. So many on the OT board drive me nuts. I appreciate the real people who post here as they address someone irl. Some people think being anonymous give them a right to be douche canoes online. Most end up in ignore. You seem like a good dude.

Go Hawks!

After Iowa scored to go up 15-13, I looked at the guy next to me in the bar and said "Bet ya a drink they miss the xp" He says "Bet". After the miss he asks how i knew that. I showed him my bet slip Iowa -3. Thats how i knew.

CSB

• Haha
Reactions: hawkeyebob62
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT