ADVERTISEMENT

IndyStar article on verbal attacks on Caitlin Clark

Swoopes also declared that Clark should be better than the other players because she's 25 years old. Caitlln is 22, I believe. Frankly, I worry about Clark's well being once she gets to the WNBA. Seems to be a lot of backlash to her game, racism or not.
Jason Whitlock stated it pretty fairly. CC will be subject to a high level of racism from the black players, and a high level of hostility from the LGBTQ group. Seems to me to be a pretty good reason to delay entry into that league or just go overseas.

Jason Whitlock stated it pretty fairly. CC will be subject to a high level of racism from the black players, and a high level of hostility from the LGBTQ group. Seems to me to be a pretty good reason to delay entry into that league or just go overseas.
Not her M-O, she will rise above the hate, the WNBA needs her. She may not dominate like in college but she can bring tons of attention and excitement to the game, and I believe it will be this year.

Reactions: RIGHTWINGHAWK
I would speculate some of it is racism. Hell, your last sentence is the definition of racism.
In the sense that it’s an attitude that then reflects a potential bias, I would agree. But, at least in the athletic arena, those biases of some are overcome by merit. People who might still hold out acceptance of Caitlin after she’s made it, yes, they have a problem and they have no power to affect anything. But like Bird, skin color meant nothing to most. Can she play is all that matters. That’s what is great about sports. I’ll leave larger lessons to others, in other forums.

Reactions: BirdistheWord
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT