ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa/NW Thread

Rushing home and driving dangerously just to watch an Iowa ass kicking?

Sure sounds like you're becoming a Hawkeye fan to me. Welcome to the family!

Ha, don't get your hopes up . . . just a sucker for Top 5 matchups. Thought I was going to be out all day, but back flared up and I realized I had a shot at making the dual.

Now, if I start calling any of you guys a douche-this or a douche-that, then you can be worried. ;)

Reactions: TarpHawk
what just happened????? Wilke pinned someone???? He showed some offense????

I think you're being overboard. That said, his opponent was other worldly bad.

Shaw was 157 a few weeks ago but looks good sized. Really impressive performance.

He's really small. Still looks like a 157. That said...loved the effort of course!

Meh. They are redshirting like four future 4 timers.

I'll be pc and say that I'm not a coach and will defer to them, but I'm also a fan and would like to have seen the matches (125 and 157).

However, I did watch Spencer's match on Friday, and after he got the pin, he looked right at the coaches and had this look like "WTF" and then proceeded to struggle to get to his feet. His energy looked good for the most part of the match, but at the end, he was spent and then some. I think he gets it done in March still.

I'm sure the Hawkeye critics will give Wilke a bad grade for this dual as he didn't score enough points. Obviously he should have gotten 3 or 4 takedowns before settling for the pin.

No, we just want to see someone that doesn't remind us of Brandon Sorenson and the many boring, offense-starved matches that he treated us to ...

Reactions: CesspoolHawk
I'll be pc and say that I'm not a coach and will defer to them, but I'm also a fan and would like to have seen the matches (125 and 157).

However, I did watch Spencer's match on Friday, and after he got the pin, he looked right at the coaches and had this look like "WTF" and then proceeded to struggle to get to his feet. His energy looked good for the most part of the match, but at the end, he was spent and then some. I think he gets it done in March still.

I did notice that look.

Now I can get to my point during Intermissions. Maybe the guys talking Sh*t about me asking if you wrestled will understand.
Guys get not only injuries but illnesses sometimes not just Colds sometimes worse like Mono and really bad Flu. If you have not wrestled and you've had bad flu or Even worse Mono it kicks the crap out of you right?
Now try getting practices/training in while having one of these and wrestling its extremely hard!
You are trying to heal while the other guys are trying train and stay healthy you jeopardize getting other teammates sick so your practice and training suffers from that. All of this leads to a really bad situation for the team.
We as fans can not take it for granted how hard these guys work and the trials they go through thats why I get pissed when I read posts from guys that might not understand not saying you dont but if you have wrestled the winters are tuff to stay healthy and sometimes bad sickness can take a long time to recover and can effect many teamates.
Spencer was in and out of the hospital earlier this season and he is working through it.
Maybe that's the case, but like I said before, this is not an isolated incident for Iowa or in wrestling in general. Do you believe in all these cases it was because of illness or injured beyond just a little under 100%? I don't, and frankly it is contrary to what our coaches preach. Maybe you don't think we should complain, but nothing changes if we just accept this every single time.

Reactions: 24 so far
Someone in the crowd for NW wanted a locked hands call on Stoll... while they were in neutral. Lol

Are you sure it wasn't the ref?

Really happy to see the way Stoll is working he looks as healthy as I have seen him in a while

Amen. He's come a long way just in the last month.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT