ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa offense IS famous.

Yea. But times are changing. Losing to Iowa state really never mattered since 2002. Now it absolutely matters if you want to be in the top 12.
I hear ya. It will be pretty irrelevant soon. With the B1G/SEC recent partnering, you are going to have about 40 schools that will be "pro" teams, which will take up nearly all of the playoff spots.

He's not afraid of stairs, nor is he a rapist or a conman nor did he start a insurrection to overthrow the elections, so he has that going for him.
Pretty amazing that a deranged criminal has never seen the inside of a jail cell. He must be an immigrant.

Oh THAT'S how he has all kinds of money!

Right now, it’s hard for me not to believe Kirk has tarnished his legacy because of Brian. I know we all talk about “it’s Kirk’s offense” and what not, which is somewhat true, but even that doesn’t explain the level of incompetency we saw from Brian. Kirk was no doubt in denial because of his son, but it is not an exaggeration to say Brian might very well be the worst OC to ever have a P5 job in modern college football history. He was that bad. And it was clear to everyone with half a functioning brain, besides Kirk, that Brian was in way over his head.

I don’t think there’s any doubt Lester will be significantly better than Brian. The problem is I still don’t trust Kirk’s judgment. Despite all the evidence to the contrary and despite Kirk claiming taking care of the football is paramount even though this quarterback sucked at that too, Kirk is still going to make the case Deacon Hill gives Iowa the best chance to win (if McNamara can’t go next season).

So that is one example of many to illustrate the point that Lester is going to have to run an offense with one and a half hands tied behind his back. Will he be more competent than Brian? Sure. But I honestly don’t expect to see much different this year. It will still be a bland, boring, vanilla offense near the bottom of the conference and country statistically.

I hope Kirk proves me wrong, but I doubt it. Maybe 2024 will finally be Kirk’s wake up call to retire.
"I don’t think there’s any doubt Lester will be significantly better than Brian. The problem is I still don’t trust Kirk’s judgment. D"
Totally agree

Pretty amazing that a deranged criminal has never seen the inside of a jail cell. He must be an immigrant.

Oh THAT'S how he has all kinds of money!
Oh, you are one of those. Patience, my friend.

Bj9CP_3Q-e1692999553670.jpeg

While some of you guys are doing the predictable back and forth cliches which keep us inexorably polarized while the ****ing country falls apart...Nobody has speculated who's behind this. Is it someone's staffer from another B1G team's turf? I think that would be interesting to know.
You are probably on to something 🤔

Hey, ya know how the judges and lawyers all play golf at the same place? The politicians and their stance is that they all vacation at the same places and own homes on the same beaches. So I do not understand why you all are arguing? Over which one you want to screw you??
I have two college buddies who lived/worked inside the beltway for years...in very different capacities. They've said essentially the same thing...it's all a show and distraction. The direction comes from people much more powerful who you don't see interviewed by CNN, Fox, etc. Now more than ever, we're f***ed.

I like NYC, but I prefer Chicago. It's the cleanest big city in the country.
I always thought Denver was pretty clean, Been awhile since I lived out there though.
I have two college buddies who lived/worked inside the beltway for years...in very different capacities. They've said essentially the same thing...it's all a show and distraction. The direction comes from people much more powerful who you don't see interviewed by CNN, Fox, etc. Now more than ever, we're f***ed.
That is why people are so polarized about news channels and why shows like the view are popular. They tell people what to think (with a heavy dose of one side of the story). The whole thing is, these politicians like it when people fight and argue, it keeps the spotlight off of them and what they have been doing for the last 40 years. I am not going to get into it, but in just about any area you look at from education to infrastructure to public mental health, it has all declined. So what do they do? Change the testing, blame inanimate things and so on. They all did it, because no one party has been in charge for 40 years now. But hey let's send Ukraine another 48 billion or whatever. This whole "aid" thing is BS anyway. People should be kind all on their own, but being forced to "donate" is not the job of the government to levy on it's people.

With apologies to all the Hawkeyes that tried their best the past few years on offense, and even a slight nod to Brian, if you give a five star chef garbage to work with, he will not be turning out any five star meals. This is all about recruiting, or lack of it and is ultimately on the head coach.

I always thought Denver was pretty clean, Been awhile since I lived out there though.
Denver is a very nice city, but I don't consider Denver to be in the same category as a New York or Chicago. It's small by comparison. When I think of U S. world class cities, New York and Chicago are the first 2 that come to mind with their architecture, world class museums, fabulous restaurants, and big city downtown-centric vibes. Everyone else kind of pales in comparison. Then you have cities like Boston, Los Angeles, Seattle, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Atlanta and DC. Places like Dallas and Houston are big cities, but their downtowns have zero character and nightlife is lacking. There is no better place to be in the country on a warm summer weekend than downtown Chicago IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: punk1980 and SI_NYC
Denver is a very nice city, but I don't consider Denver to be in the same category as a New York or Chicago. It's small by comparison. When I think of U S. world class cities, New York and Chicago are the first 2 that come to mind with their architecture, world class museums, fabulous restaurants, and big city downtown-centric vibes. Everyone else kind of pales in comparison. Then you have cities like Boston, Los Angeles, Seattle, Philadelphia, Atlanta and DC. Places like Dallas and Houston are big cities, but their downtowns have zero character and nightlife is lacking. There is no better place to be in the country on a warm summer weekend than downtown Chicago IMO.
Yeah Texas is kind of blah when it comes to cities to choose from. I am partial to the smaller cities anyway, and if I had to pick a city in TX it would be Austin. I spent a little time there too and while nice, those people can not drive for crap. If they get freezing rain all bets are off. One thing about living in the sticks is, you know how they say "you will walk past x amount of murders in your life and not even know it"? Well, that logic applies to every sort of deviance. So, while one could say a city is a concentration of good people. one can also say the opposite is true. More people is more of whatever and that is just the facts. I am kind of like the less is more type of person. The cities were fun when I was younger though.

That is why people are so polarized about news channels and why shows like the view are popular. They tell people what to think (with a heavy dose of one side of the story). The whole thing is, these politicians like it when people fight and argue, it keeps the spotlight off of them and what they have been doing for the last 40 years. I am not going to get into it, but in just about any area you look at from education to infrastructure to public mental health, it has all declined. So what do they do? Change the testing, blame inanimate things and so on. They all did it, because no one party has been in charge for 40 years now. But hey let's send Ukraine another 48 billion or whatever. This whole "aid" thing is BS anyway. People should be kind all on their own, but being forced to "donate" is not the job of the government to levy on it's people.
Try telling that to the fools on Team Blue and Team Red who think "their" party is better than the other, is going to fix things, or even gives a crap about them.

They are so blind they can't see what's going on right in front of them.

Try telling that to the fools on Team Blue and Team Red who think "their" party is better than the other, is going to fix things, or even gives a crap about them.

Yeah no, there is a tremendous difference in the "teams" and if you can't see that I don't know what to tell you

Look what's happening with "team" blue in charge, a fockin mess of everything(crime, open borders, sky high inflation) Corrupt mofos weaponizing the fbi, doj, Cia. We are the laughing stock of the world with "team" blue in charge. If people don't see this there is no hope for this country.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 83Hawk

Amen.

I’m honestly sick of the stupid shit. Every dumbass who chimes in about politics on here always thinks his take is so clever and worth everyone’s time to read. And every dumbass is wrong.

Yeah no, there is a tremendous difference in the "teams" and if you can't see that I don't know what to tell you

Look what's happening with team blue in charge, a fockin mess of everything(crime, open borders, sky high inflation) corrupt mofos weaponizing the fbi, doj, Cia. If people don't see this there is no hope for this country.
Instant validation of our point, @83Hawk.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT