ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa @ Ok St. PBP

If you understood wrestling, you would know that it is very difficult to avoid going backwards, when someone has both arms clamped, outweighs you by 40-50 lbs, and just pushes. I thought Schafer did an admirable job most of the time to circle in. I think Schafer deserved a warning, and maybe one stall point. But so did Stoll....

Your concept of stalling is so f'ed up, even your homer ref disagrees with you. Also, weight has nothing to do with it. They are both in the same weight class. Stoll has a bad knee. Should the ref feel sorry for him?

Your concept of stalling is so f'ed up, even your homer ref disagrees with you. Also, weight has nothing to do with it. They are both in the same weight class. Stoll has a bad knee. Should the ref feel sorry for him?
obviously not someone with a lot of mat time. I give up. You win. I guess the stalling his way to the only two takedowns in the match was a good strategy, better than grabbing and pushing hoping to get enough stalling calls to win. Most wrestlers, when they got the arms locked up like that, would at least attempt to circle to get the opponent moving into the throw. But that was too much effort for him (and you) to figure out, so he lost. If you don't think that weight has anything to do with it, you haven't ever had to wrestle someone with that weight difference against you. So, have a nice night. Hopefully you have some cheese to go with it!

Tough to throw when opponent just backs out of bounds. I agree that Stoll should have been hit for stalling more(when Schafer was shooting and Stoll was sprawling or blocking), but to say that Schafer or any other wrestler who backs out of bounds shouldn't be called for stalling is a complete lack of understanding of wrestling.

Also, I doubt Schafer would have been shooting if Stoll had just back pedaled out of bounds the entire match. Backing out of bounds is the most egregious form of stalling from neutral. It's why the new OB rules had to be put in last year. Too many Molly Putzes backing up and playing the edge and scampering out of bounds at the first sign of trouble.

Pushing someone OOBs repeatedly is also a form of stalling. Stoll did nothing offensively and it was a shame. Schaefer was the better wrestler today. Boyd was stuck like chuck, Clark has got to get to his offense quicker because he's better than Brock but started too slow, and Sorenson for the love of God start attacking more and you'll get the stall calls and put up more points.

Togs actual wife:
BT_Heifer_Hereford_Flint_Hills_5.JPG
Come on now. We all know Micky lives in mom's basement and dates his right hand and occasionally cheats on his right hand by spending the night with his left.

Come on now. We all know Micky lives in mom's basement and dates his right hand and occasionally cheats on his right hand by spending the night with his left.
you mean him and Guns have the same lifestyle?

Sorry, but I think Mikey T at least has a sense of humor. Warped, maybe, but it is there!

obviously not someone with a lot of mat time. I give up. You win. I guess the stalling his way to the only two takedowns in the match was a good strategy, better than grabbing and pushing hoping to get enough stalling calls to win. Most wrestlers, when they got the arms locked up like that, would at least attempt to circle to get the opponent moving into the throw. But that was too much effort for him (and you) to figure out, so he lost. If you don't think that weight has anything to do with it, you haven't ever had to wrestle someone with that weight difference against you. So, have a nice night. Hopefully you have some cheese to go with it!

I've got plenty of mat time. You're apparently too dense to realize that the official should not feel sorry for an undersized heavyweight. Just like he should not feel sorry for a banged up heavyweight. Stalling is stalling, but I guess I shouldn't expect an Okie to actually understand what stalling is.

Dayhawk, I'd expect a little more from you. Schafer was NOT making a real effort to stay in. In fact, on at least two occasions he actually pulled Stoll out of bounds.

I've got plenty of mat time. You're apparently too dense to realize that the official should not feel sorry for an undersized heavyweight. Just like he should not feel sorry for a banged up heavyweight. Stalling is stalling, but I guess I shouldn't expect an Okie to actually understand what stalling is.

Dayhawk, I'd expect a little more from you. Schafer was NOT making a real effort to stay in. In fact, on at least two occasions he actually pulled Stoll out of bounds.
nope, shouldnt feel sorry for him at all. Schafer, but the way, made some great efforts to stay in. But, when being locked and pushed, with no intent to ever make a move, he did go out easier at times. That is why he got called. My entire point is the times when Stoll had him locked up twice and just pushed with no effort to make a move, he should have been called too.

How was the match 5-5 . and yet Stoll lost 5-4?
At one pt, the scoreboard read 5-5, thinking there was another SW before the TD. They discussed and took away the point. I wasn't in the best frame of mind, so I didn't devote the needed time to explain this at the time. Fortunately, cooler heads have prevailed and I came back..

Reactions: DirkTang1
nope, shouldnt feel sorry for him at all. Schafer, but the way, made some great efforts to stay in. But, when being locked and pushed, with no intent to ever make a move, he did go out easier at times. That is why he got called. My entire point is the times when Stoll had him locked up twice and just pushed with no effort to make a move, he should have been called too.

The times Schafer got called, there was no real effort to stay in. He did exactly what okies have been coached to do for years. Back up to the edge. Drop in on a shot every once in a while if the opportunity presents itself (which to his credit, he did more than most). Make a half-hearted attempt to circle back in to keep the ref off your back, but if you're in trouble, GET OUT and hope you don't get called.
Every stall call on Schafer was deserved, and every stall call on Stoll was deserved. In fact, I think they each should have been hit once more. I just wish the official would have called stalling all night like he did in the heavyweight match.

Reactions: WWDMHawkeye
The only thing I recall at some point mid-match or so, Ironside said Schafer circled in on the edge, and he said "see, Schafer circled in, proving it can be done, good job by him"! I presume he was thinking there should have been some backing out calls previously, but I wasn't paying a ton of attention at that time.

The only thing I recall at some point mid-match or so, Ironside said Schafer circled in on the edge, and he said "see, Schafer circled in, proving it can be done, good job by him"! I presume he was thinking there should have been some backing out calls previously, but I wasn't paying a ton of attention at that time.
he circled in numerous times. A couple of them, Stoll just liked up tighter and pushed harder. Those should have been called the other way. No problem at all with the two on Schafer, just there should have been two on Stoll also. But hey, if we always agreed with the ref, it would be good for our blood pressure!

Gotta give it to Christopher. He went after him. Heil just better. Really really like where Carton is at right now.

heil is a bit off right now. he got beat earlier in a ranking match to boo lewallen this week. many people don't know about that

The times Schafer got called, there was no real effort to stay in. He did exactly what okies have been coached to do for years. Back up to the edge. Drop in on a shot every once in a while if the opportunity presents itself (which to his credit, he did more than most). Make a half-hearted attempt to circle back in to keep the ref off your back, but if you're in trouble, GET OUT and hope you don't get called.
Every stall call on Schafer was deserved, and every stall call on Stoll was deserved. In fact, I think they each should have been hit once more. I just wish the official would have called stalling all night like he did in the heavyweight match.

I wished they called stalling as aggressively as they did the last match. I think the stall calls were fair there. Schaefer was the better guy tonight and I hope Stoll is healthy next time they meet. He's the better wrestler imo

I'll be darned. Hawks and Cowboys can agree on some things.:eek:
yeah, we can agree on some. not all. As long as you will admit our women are better looking (other than Tognetti's family) we can get along, even when partially disagreeing. Love wrestling, enjoy watching when two guys really go at it, hate stalling, got out of reffing because no one understood it but me :cool:.

Reactions: nitlion6
yeah, we can agree on some. not all. As long as you will admit our women are better looking (other than Tognetti's family) we can get along, even when partially disagreeing. Love wrestling, enjoy watching when two guys really go at it, hate stalling, got out of reffing because no one understood it but me :cool:.

I must admit, I've seen some pretty good looking coeds wearing the orange at Nationals. But, it's my understanding they were all imported from Texas by Coach Gundy to assist with the football recruiting.:p

Women in Oklahoma ? "Only two things come from Oklahoma, steers and queers and I don't see any horns on you". If you are under 50 sorry you won't recall that quote

What a warrior Clark is. There is no doubt he is battling through a significant injury that was so obvious whenever motion went towards his left side.

At 100%, he wins that match comfortably.
Cue 2plus2 to come on here and tell us the brace is a ploy by the coaches to build up an excuse for Clark.

Why did he go down? Stupid.
Why would he not go down? Did you guys not watch the officiating? There was no way Cash was going to get a TD against their guy with the way Ok State was allowed to block off. He needed to find a way to get out and didn't get it done. I think he had a better chance of an escape than a TD primarily due to the official.

Wrestling is a much better sport when both athletes initiate more action and get after it....at least we won't have to worry about stalling when Penn St shows up in Carver this Fri Nt.
There will be plenty of stalling by Penn State at 25,33,41, and 97. Maybe even 74 depending on the situation. Only 40-50% of their line up but other than that you are right.

I felt the 285 match was called fairly well actually maybe could have been one or two more warnings early on Schafer but there could have been one late on Stoll also. For the most part they were moving well and both presenting them selves. As far as the stand ups and push outs this is why the regs on the size of the mats should be changed these men are big and if you look at the wrestlers up and down the lineups the cowboy mat is fine up to about the 165lb -184lb class then you really see how small it gets for 97 and heavy. This also contributes to the decline of the sport.
That being said Stoll needs to turn his size into a size and strength advantage if he leans out and hits the weights hard he will compete at the top.

There will be plenty of stalling by Penn State at 25,33,41, and 97. Maybe even 74 depending on the situation. Only 40-50% of their line up but other than that you are right.

Same thing could be said about certain weights for the Hawks......guess we'll find out on Friday Night.

when the conversation revolves around stall warnings and mat size the subject speaks for itself

great thread

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT