ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa State just reloaded..

That's not how it went down. I'm not going to go into details because it comes from a pay board but let me assure you Bolton probably wouldn't have been back even if Prohm were still at ISU.

Otz asked the other guys during their 1 on 1's if they wanted Bolton back and the majority said no. He told him to move on then.

Congratulations, guys. This ridiculously laughable thread is almost a week away from its two-year anniversary. Amazing how awesome Iowa State basketball has been during this span. Keep up the fabulous work.

Reactions: TrianglePlace
Otz asked the other guys during their 1 on 1's if they wanted Bolton back and the majority said no. He told him to move on then.

Listen, if you want to characterize it that way you can. The returning players did say he was a problem on the team. Otz chose to go a different direction and he has ever right to, and he has prioritized creating team culture that he wants more than winning at least this year obviously. I actually don't like how it went down with Bolton, I think that could have been handled much better by the staff. The point is that I think he's a good player, I think he will also function better in a culture and for a program that is very established and has a strong head coach.

Listen, if you want to characterize it that way you can. The returning players did say he was a problem on the team. Otz chose to go a different direction and he has ever right to, and he has prioritized creating team culture that he wants more than winning at least this year obviously. I actually don't like how it went down with Bolton, I think that could have been handled much better by the staff. The point is that I think he's a good player, I think he will also function better in a culture and for a program that is very established and has a strong head coach.
Anon - I apologize on JCL. I was apparently wrong (I can admit it) on why he left. And I truly appreciate TJ getting the team and culture he wants. I will say IMO (and I think you agree) that if TJ had a tighter leash to win right away Bolton is still there. The guy can recruit. We shall see on the floor. JFC I am getting along and agreeing with you!

Reactions: bozotheclown
This whole story about other guys wanting him off is strange. The only guys left from last years team are Johnson, Conditt, Jackson, Walker, and Foster. Don't you think it's bizarre, that a college bball coach paid to win, would listen to these crappy players, in order to get rid of his best? I feel like there's a real story somewhere, that neither party really wants to talk about.

Anon - I apologize on JCL. I was apparently wrong (I can admit it) on why he left. And I truly appreciate TJ getting the team and culture he wants. I will say IMO (and I think you agree) that if TJ had a tighter leash to win right away Bolton is still there. The guy can recruit. We shall see on the floor. JFC I am getting along and agreeing with you!

If he was under pressure to win this year Bolton is likely on the team, you're agree.

This whole story about other guys wanting him off is strange. The only guys left from last years team are Johnson, Conditt, Jackson, Walker, and Foster. Don't you think it's bizarre, that a college bball coach paid to win, would listen to these crappy players, in order to get rid of his best? I feel like there's a real story somewhere, that neither party really wants to talk about.

I agree, there has to be more to it, but from all accounts he's a good guy, got good grades, etc. I honestly just think he was a hard guy to be around in the long term who just kind of grates on you. We've all worked with people like that in our professional lives I'm sure, and they are sort of tolerable because you only see them for a little bit each day. These basketball teams, I mean you're together all the time.

It also just clears the way for Hunter who they were trying to retain so that might have been part of it.

My 2 cents objective as possible. I think TJ is trying to create his own culture or program. Which is great. But due to the Prohm disaster and TJ’s “relationship” with Pollard he can get away with about anything including getting rid of the best players who happen to go to schools like Gonzaga and KU because TJ has quite a long leash before he needs to really win. And I am not saying that is wrong, but not often a non-proven P5 coach (and actually not a good coach record wise) can walk into “Hilton Magic” and start kicking off players who end up at Gonzaga and Kansas. TJ must know he is the safest coach in the country outside of K, Cal, Few, Wright, Self and Izzo.

Totally agree, and what's great for TJO is if he wins 8 games or 10 games in the next couple years...it's hard to argue that he hasn't made "progress". Remember us having 13000 people at an NIT game? It's going to be almost impossible for him not to be a hero, no matter what he does.

Things you know you will see in 95% of HerkyFan's posts.
*Cryclown Fanatic
* Cytwins and his minions
* Little Brother
* Clowns
* Must we ignore

He has also been very sexist over the years. Has an affinity for taking names of players, coaches, or media and turns them into female names.

Don't forget "oops must ignore" or "oh those pesky facts!"

Reactions: Hwk23antidote
Totally agree, and what's great for TJO is if he wins 8 games or 10 games in the next couple years...it's hard to argue that he hasn't made "progress". Remember us having 13000 people at an NIT game? It's going to be almost impossible for him not to be a hero, no matter what he does.
Well, honestly, he really has only one direction to go. When you, as most schools do, schedule a few cupcakes to get the team ready to play a tougher schedule, it's hard to win less than 2 games.

Reactions: BeepBeepInMyJeep
Well, honestly, he really has only one direction to go. When you, as most schools do, schedule a few cupcakes to get the team ready to play a tougher schedule, it's hard to win less than 2 games.

True, and how the hell we only won 2 last year, I have no clue.

Well, I do watching them play at times.

Yet, we were on the cusp several times...hell, we led national champion Baylor at Baylor with 5 minutes go to.

Just could never finish...which had to do (IMHO) with coaching and lack of depth.

Things you know you will see in 95% of HerkyFan's posts.
*Cryclown Fanatic
* Cytwins and his minions
* Little Brother
* Clowns
* Must we ignore
Well, based on the volume / length of Iowa Hawkeye posts on Cyclone Fanatic, aptly named “Cryclown Fanatic”...is there any wonder why isu is known as the “little brother” in-state, with a delusional “clown” fandom in the mold of “CyTwins and his minions”. Hmmm, see how all your stated terms fit together!

True, and how the hell we only won 2 last year, I have no clue.

Well, I do watching them play at times.

Yet, we were on the cusp several times...hell, we led national champion Baylor at Baylor with 5 minutes go to.

Just could never finish...which had to do (IMHO) with coaching and lack of depth.

When your best player (Bolton) got a 10 second call for literally walking the ball up too slow, you knew the year was a lost cause.

I dont think they are. 10-12 wins is probably their ceiling next year, IMO.
I am guessing they will have a pretty easy non con next year and there are some down teams in the big 12. Actually think that team is really hard to project because of so many unknowns. .500 is realistic goal. Not like that is setting the world on fire.

This thread aged like milk lol
You’re the one who dug up a thread that’s been dead for over three years. One thing’s for certain. It appears Iowa State made the right decision to hire Otz. The guy can coach.

Remember when you said Kolar was way better than Laporta, lol. This guy legit plays video games for a living.

Crazy to think that since that last post ISU is 58-32, while Iowa is 58-34, and Iowa fans want Fran fired. Imagine waiting 3 years of your life and saving a thread to post the week ISU finally has a better winning percentage over that span. This is why mental health should not be taken lightly.

Yes it did age well. Clowns fans still love defense and crappy offense only if it is MBB.

Must ignore?

Remember when you said Kolar was way better than Laporta, lol. This guy legit plays video games for a living.

Crazy to think that since that last post ISU is 58-32, while Iowa is 58-34, and Iowa fans want Fran fired. Imagine waiting 3 years of your life and saving a thread to post the week ISU finally has a better winning percentage over that span. This is why mental health should not be taken lightly.
Nope doesn’t count. Clown fans say so. I for one can’t wait for isu to put up 41 points in another NCAA tournament game and have cryclown Larry livestream the self tazing of his ball sack.

Must ignore Hayes?

Congrats on your midseason ranking. But what's the deal with you guys and blonde hair dye? Your MBB guys did it a few years ago for the tourney and now apparently your wrestlers did it for UNI. What's that about?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT