ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa State just reloaded..

They don't at all and never have, especially Blum.
Anon - we have been getting along so well but while I agree CW is not a journalist I totally disagree he doesn’t consider himself one as I can’t tell you how many times he has gone to his “journalism degree” to bolster his “objective” opinion on the radio. I don’t have a problem with him being a homer. I do have an issue with his claiming on the radio that based upon being a “journalist” that he could do an “objective deep dive into issues at Iowa” however.

Anon - we have been getting along so well but while I agree CW is not a journalist I totally disagree he doesn’t consider himself one as I can’t tell you how many times he has gone to his “journalism degree” to bolster his “objective” opinion on the radio. I don’t have a problem with him being a homer. I do have an issue with his claiming on the radio that based upon being a “journalist” that he could do an “objective deep dive into issues at Iowa” however.
Clown homer’s like Williams and Blum do as the rest of the clown fan base, players, coaches, AD and other isu administrators do they hate anything and everything about Iowa and it consumes their consciousnesses and permanently lives rent free in their heads.

All clown fan web sites and billboards by Pollard prove it . The only way to come to a different conclusion is to do as all clown fans do which is to insist anyone reading or listening to ignore it all.

Okay I'll defer to you on that, I don't listen to the KXNO show.

No worries. And to be clear, he should be a homer. JFC he is publisher and profits from CF. Just don’t pee down my leg and tell me it’s raining simply because you have a journalism degree. Especially when it comes to Iowa.

Reactions: HerkyFan
No worries. And to be clear, he should be a homer. JFC he is publisher and profits from CF. Just don’t pee down my leg and tell me it’s raining simply because you have a journalism degree. Especially when it comes to Iowa.

Too drunk to edit a pod last night it looks like.

I believe the whole premise of the "The Fanatics" on KXNO is to have a Clone Fanatic (Chris Williams) paired with a Hawk Fanatic (Ross Peterson). At different times during the week there as been a Hawk focused show and a Clone focused show afterwards, but on rare occasions I believe they have each subbed for the other on the opposing team show and tried to maintain a modicum of professionalism. I don't listen every day but have heard each of those shows as I have lots of road time. It's radio, not hardcore investigative journalism.

I will say this...it's a heckuva lot easier to get banned from Williams website than it is from Kakert's.
Probably true. Disagree with 1 of the million trolls (lies) by Twins and his 3 agreeing minions probably gets you banned by Williams. It is sad what happened there. Twins chased both Hawks and Clones off that board. I don’t get it. As Clones on here have said it has turned into like 5 people in a circle jerk. No wonder that site is on life support.

Beggars can't be choosers. You just can't make this stuff up.
That would be a GREAT get for them (or anyone, really). He can flat out play and shoot it. He had a rough upbringing and had very little support at home but sounds like he has shown that he can be counted on and hopefully he gets the chance to show what he can do.

Right now he is a sit 1, play 2...but who knows how that will change. I'm just happy for him.

Oh, @MitchLL I NAILED this one. LMAO

Courvoisier McCauley played 194 minutes last year at DePaul and shot terribly from the field (33%/30%) but most impressive was that in his 194 minutes he failed to register a single assist.

GREAT get!!

• Haha
Reactions: BBHawk

Courvoisier McCauley played 194 minutes last year at DePaul and shot terribly from the field (33%/30%) but most impressive was that in his 194 minutes he failed to register a single assist.

GREAT get!!
You're equating the cluster$#@% in Ames to Iowa?

Damn, you is a dumb ass with apologies to all other dumbasses.

GREAT get!!
OK, you lost me on this one. What does that post have to do with the thread title?

TIA

Wah wah Pollard. Does he need a pacifier and his formula?
This is hilarious. They have their own cheerleader/beat reporter in Randy Peterson. There are many days where there is nothing about U of Iowa, just IA State crap. You'll never see Barta or anyone from the Iowa AD complaining.

What a prima donna (or pre-Madonna, for some of you😉)

To be fair, it's extremely weird to have an article about a defunct baseball team that will never be brought back and that nobody cared about at the time, when ISU softball made the tourney for the first time since 1988.

To be fair, it's extremely weird to have an article about a defunct baseball team that will never be brought back and that nobody cared about at the time, when ISU softball made the tourney for the first time since 1988.

I am guessing Birch has been working on the story to coincide with the 20th anniversary of the end of ISU baseball for longer than this weekend.

I am guessing Birch has been working on the story to coincide with the 20th anniversary of the end of ISU baseball for longer than this weekend.

Good point. And this is absolutely not something to be whiny about which Pollard was.

I guess I should say I think it's extremely weird to write any article about ISU baseball 20 years later when nobody cared 20 years ago when they were playing.

Good point. And this is absolutely not something to be whiny about which Pollard was.

I guess I should say I think it's extremely weird to write any article about ISU baseball 20 years later when nobody cared 20 years ago when they were playing.
Why do you think many didn't care? Because you didn't care?

Why do you think many didn't care? Because you didn't care?

I was in college at the time. They played on a field that was worse than pretty much any regular high school field in Iowa. It was right across the street from a friend of mine's Frat and literally less than 25 people went to games. Trust me, nobody cared.

Seriously, how can you be stupid enough to come to this conclusion? If you're a power 5 team, you probably shouldn't be taking a coach with a losing record from not Power 5 teams. I could just imagine you're presence here if Iowa just took in a coach from the Mountain West, who just went 29-30 the last two years. You bash Fran for taking Iowa to NCAA tournaments 6 of the last 8 years, but turn around and pretend TJ coming in with a losing record, in a worse conference, is a good hire. That's all I'm saying, figure out what the F*** you care about if you're going to be a troll.
Now, he may be a good hire in 1-2 years, none of us know, but what we do know, is that his resume, right now(which is where we are at in time), isn't very good. That's it, accept it and move on. There is no valid argument to say that this TJ hire, right now, looks good.

Guess time will tell. I think its a good hire and so far he's had a good off season in terms of roster building. Obviously won't mean crap if wins don't come sooner than later.

I was in college at the time. They played on a field that was worse than pretty much any regular high school field in Iowa. It was right across the street from a friend of mine's Frat and literally less than 25 people went to games. Trust me, nobody cared.
People did care though, just not you. Which is kind of how I feel about cross country.

People did care though, just not you. Which is kind of how I feel about cross country.

Sure, friends and family cared, and I'm sure it was awesome for them. My point simply is that it's not a sport at ISU that captured any attention at all outside of some personal relationship. I think writing a 20 years later story about Des Moines East's high school baseball team or the championship bowling team from Trophy's 20 years ago would have been more relevant to the readership of the DMR. If they got everybody who attended a game that year to read the article it might just get more clicks than the Postville Gazette.

You and Pollard should be BFF's with your cross country love.

Sure, friends and family cared, and I'm sure it was awesome for them. My point simply is that it's not a sport at ISU that captured any attention at all outside of some personal relationship. I think writing a 20 years later story about Des Moines East's high school baseball team or the championship bowling team from Trophy's 20 years ago would have been more relevant to the readership of the DMR. If they got everybody who attended a game that year to read the article it might just get more clicks than the Postville Gazette.

You and Pollard should be BFF's with your cross country love.
I was clearly stating how much I DON'T like cross country.

• Haha
Good for JCL! I wish him well @ KU. Unlike Bolton, his on the court demeanor + body language was all positive. I wish he had stayed in Ames for 1 more year.

• Haha
Reactions: TrianglePlace
Good for JCL! I wish him well @ KU. Unlike Bolton, his on the court demeanor + body language was all positive. I wish he had stayed in Ames for 1 more year.

Wishes JCL would stay in Ames for his 7th season of college basketball.

Posted that Bohannon should move on and get a job after he announced he's coming back for a 6th season.

Time to move on and get a job.

Reactions: mizzy2442
Wishes JCL would stay in Ames for his 7th season of college basketball.

Posted that Bohannon should move on and get a job after he announced he's coming back for a 6th season.
My 2 cents objective as possible. I think TJ is trying to create his own culture or program. Which is great. But due to the Prohm disaster and TJ’s “relationship” with Pollard he can get away with about anything including getting rid of the best players who happen to go to schools like Gonzaga and KU because TJ has quite a long leash before he needs to really win. And I am not saying that is wrong, but not often a non-proven P5 coach (and actually not a good coach record wise) can walk into “Hilton Magic” and start kicking off players who end up at Gonzaga and Kansas. TJ must know he is the safest coach in the country outside of K, Cal, Few, Wright, Self and Izzo.

My 2 cents objective as possible. I think TJ is trying to create his own culture or program. Which is great. But due to the Prohm disaster and TJ’s “relationship” with Pollard he can get away with about anything including getting rid of the best players who happen to go to schools like Gonzaga and KU because TJ has quite a long leash before he needs to really win. And I am not saying that is wrong, but not often a non-proven P5 coach (and actually not a good coach record wise) can walk into “Hilton Magic” and start kicking off players who end up at Gonzaga and Kansas. TJ must know he is the safest coach in the country outside of K, Cal, Few, Wright, Self and Izzo.

He didn't get rid of JCL, he wanted to move on. I'm sure he'd have rather had him back. Bolton just wore out his welcome. Not a bad kid by any means but it was time to part ways and he probably would have even if Prohm were back. And yes, he's going to have a super long leash.

He didn't get rid of JCL, he wanted to move on. I'm sure he'd have rather had him back. Bolton just wore out his welcome. Not a bad kid by any means but it was time to part ways and he probably would have even if Prohm were back. And yes, he's going to have a super long leash.

Bolton was all in on coming back to ISU even if Prohm was brought back.

Otzelberger put it up to a team vote and they didn't want Bolton back so he told him to move on.

• Haha
Reactions: weeterkane
Bolton was all in on coming back to ISU even if Prohm was brought back.

Otzelberger put it up to a team vote and they didn't want Bolton back so he told him to move on.

That's not how it went down. I'm not going to go into details because it comes from a pay board but let me assure you Bolton probably wouldn't have been back even if Prohm were still at ISU.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT