ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Womens Bball Portal Targets

With apparently NIL being the driving force with Iowa going after Dauda it makes me believe Iowa has gotten some nice corporate or booster support in regard to the Women’s BB recently. As many here have felt this is the time for Iowa to go all out on the recruiting front and maybe, Just maybe there may be $$$$ being allocated to the Women’s program. 🙏🙏🙏

Until we hear about someone leaving the team / Ava Jones retiring, it would seem this is really the only option. Chatter on Hawkeye Report board (seemingly stemming from a Swarm insider) supports this as well.

There are still rules and not all athletes on scholarships can become walk-ons. Official information is difficult to find but I was able to find a website around this time last year that was geared toward parents of student athletes and it had some vague info. It was not official but it was well-written and not weird clickbait junk.

I don't remember everything but I'm fairly sure that, if nothing else, if a student was "officially" recruited (meaning, for example, they took an official visit) they cannot become a walk-on. Other stipulations regarding "official" recruitment have to do with how and where communications with coaches took place before signing a letter of intent.
I'll preface this by saying that it's the NCAA so my expectations are in the basement, but if taking an official visit precludes someone from being a walk-on but actually being on scholarship for a year or more doesn't that seems really dumb to me.

To the extent that is the rule, though, I'd be surprised if Stuelke or Callie Levin ever took official visits given their early commitments and proximity to campus.

I'll preface this by saying that it's the NCAA so my expectations are in the basement, but if taking an official visit precludes someone from being a walk-on but actually being on scholarship for a year or more doesn't that seems really dumb to me.

To the extent that is the rule, though, I'd be surprised if Stuelke or Callie Levin ever took official visits given their early commitments and proximity to campus.
Levin did take an OV, it was the FB game where the whole class (pre-Guyton) came. At the time I was thinking about Clark taking an 5th year and so I was wondering if she had, and her IG post answered my question lol. I agree about Stuelke tho.

FYI: Kyle Huesmann reported elsewhere on a Dauda thread that there was a 'recruiting shutdown' from May 6-12. Not sure if that applies to the portal as well, but we may have to be patient about developments until Monday.

Reactions: HIWILLE

Stuelke visited many times.

For those that track this sort of thing, Dauda & Olsen no longer following each other on Instagram...or so I've been told.

I saw a tweet from AJ Guyton which he has since deleted that said he asked Bluder about retiring and she said no. He wasn't very happy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT