ADVERTISEMENT

ISU Attendance

Undoubtedly. We travel well. It was the first year that I missed going to Ames for the first time out of the last 4 years. Would have loved to have been there and listened to the clown fans cry their way out of Hilton...yet again!

Several of the ISU wrestlers who won and were interviewed after their matches said something to the effect of "it's amazing to wrestle in front of 15k fans", and the only thing I could think was, well that's not too far out of the ordinary for guys on the Iowa team

Kudos to Iowa State for the atmosphere they had in Hilton today. For the sake of the sport, I hope their attendance stays up all year and that they truly made fans for life today. But goes to show how great we have it in Carver where we sell out way more consistently than ISU does

Several of the ISU wrestlers who won and were interviewed after their matches said something to the effect of "it's amazing to wrestle in front of 15k fans", and the only thing I could think was, well that's not too far out of the ordinary for guys on the Iowa team

Kudos to Iowa State for the atmosphere they had in Hilton today. For the sake of the sport, I hope their attendance stays up all year and that they truly made fans for life today. But goes to show how great we have it in Carver where we sell out way more consistently than ISU does
They'll never sell out again without some gimmick. Perhaps "buy one/get six.

Fans were led to believe this was the year.

Change ADs, change coaches, improve facilities...nothing changes.
Can’t beat Iowa and you'll always be Lil Bro.
That's not just my opinion, it's a fact Jack!
And for the old time Clone fans, the thing that likely hurts the most is that Dan Gable and Gary Kurdelmeier engineered this dominance.

Last edited:
Reactions: T8KUDWN

It’s completely out of the ordinary for wrestling in general.

Iowa State was #3 in attendance last year and sold 5,287 tickets per event with the largest being the combined event with gymnastics.

Almost the entire upper section of Hilton was all Hawk fans. The sell out was due to Hawk fans traveling so well. Atmosphere was weird, playing music during every match was annoying. So many fans sell chanting 2 on takedowns.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT