ADVERTISEMENT

Jax Forrest upset in PIAA Regional final

Nothing douchebag about being proud of your son. Unless you act like a douche.
It's always been a funny joke between some of my buddies. A lot of douchebag parents, so we always make a point of saying it to not fall in that category lol.

State wrestling to
I hope David Taylor wins at Olympic
I hope Aaron Brooks wins at National

States is short for State Championships
Nationals is short for National Championships
Olympics is short for Olympic Championships

Same for secions, districts and regionals
State tournament
State qualifier
State place winner
State champ
State championship

National tournament
National qualifier
National champ
National championship

I find it a bit odd that PSU fans feel the need to come to this Board, an Iowa Board in the States ;) of Iowa to try and justify their term and why it is used. I'll go sit on my davenport now and maybe get a drink of water from the bubbler and have some raw dawg (northeast Iowa thing) and crackers.

I find it a bit odd that PSU fans feel the need to come to this Board, an Iowa Board in the States ;) of Iowa to try and justify their term and why it is used. I'll go sit on my davenport now and maybe get a drink of water from the bubbler and have some raw dawg (northeast Iowa thing) and crackers.
just because I refer to states correctly, doesn't mean I'm a PSU fan

iKBCzk.gif

State wrestling to

State tournament
State qualifier
State place winner
State champ
State championship

National tournament
National qualifier
National champ
National championship
Are you headed to National this year?
Are you going to Olympic?

I like regional or regionals stuff. I got to ask what is a Raw dog. I am told I need to try a certain sandwich if I'm ever in Muscatine.

I worked around an electrician Foreman yesterday that was trying to convince me the earth was flat and birds aren't real. Talk about being in an alternate state of mind!

His apprentice came back from lunch with a chicken sandwich. I just shook my head and laughed.

"Where did that Chicken sandy come from?"

"If the earth is flat why is my life going downhill"? 🤣
Did he tell you or did you know that “birds aren’t real” is a website with merch that is a parody of conspiracy theories?

No, he's headed to the 2024 NCAA Wrestling Championship. My son wrestled for multiple State Titles, not States title. Iowa is one state. Pennsylvania is one state. Real simple unless Sandusky banged your head on the shower wall too hard.....
Yeah, when someone says what are you going to Kansas City for? Most people answer "The NCAA Wrestling Championship". You know that is stupid. They say I'm going to Nationals. It's really not that difficult. Nationals is short for National Championships. Olympics is short for Olympic games. States is short for State Championships.

I've been watching PA states all day today. Just the thought of saying I've been watching PA state has me laughing at myself.

So i'm confused...is it the PA State Championships? or PA States Championship?

And in fact, when someone asks about KC, i have to explain to them that it is the NCAA Wrestling Championship.

So i'm confused...is it the PA State Championships? or PA States Championship?

And in fact, when someone asks about KC, i have to explain to them that it is the NCAA Wrestling Championship.

Oh good Lord, it isn't really difficult.

Sectionals is short for Sectional Championships
Districts is short for District Championships
Regionals is short for Regional Championships
Olympics is short for Olympic Games

STATES IS SHORT FOR STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS!

You do realize that Pennsylvania wrestles a match every year that pits the best Senior from the state against a combination of the best Seniors from EVERY OTHER STATE. PA wins it sometimes. Our state has the most All Americans every single year. If we call it States, it's states.

Reactions: AriesRam
In an attempt to clear things up.

States = The State Championship Tournament as in "He's going to States"
To win States = The State Champion as in "He won States"

State = A territory or jurisdiction as in "Iowa is a State"
To win State = not defined as in "nobody uses this expression"
Nope

• Haha
Reactions: hlstone

You do realize that Pennsylvania wrestles a match every year that pits the best Senior from the state against a combination of the best Seniors from EVERY OTHER STATE. PA wins it sometimes. Our state has the most All Americans every single year. If we call it States, it's states.
Wrong

You also have Kensington Ave. Thank god Iowa has nothing like that.

Yeah, when someone says what are you going to Kansas City for? Most people answer "The NCAA Wrestling Championship". You know that is stupid. They say I'm going to Nationals. It's really not that difficult. Nationals is short for National Championships. Olympics is short for Olympic games. States is short for State Championships.

I've been watching PA states all day today. Just the thought of saying I've been watching PA state has me laughing at myself.
Then you join the rest of us that are already laughing at you.

Reactions: WEH8ST8HAWK
I like regional or regionals stuff. I got to ask what is a Raw dog. I am told I need to try a certain sandwich if I'm ever in Muscatine.
You're too late. They aren't the original recipe anymore. They were much better in the '70s and '80s. All my out-of-town friends and family members still have to get one when they come back to town though.

Wrong!!
There are numerous district tournaments so they are districts because there is more than one.
Same thing applies to other things you listed.
State wrestling tournament, there is only one state. We’d have to add South Dakota & Minnesota to the tournament to call it States.

Wrong!!
There are numerous district tournaments so they are districts because there is more than one.
State wrestling tournament, there is only one state. We’d have to add South Dakota & Minnesota to the tournament to call it States.
Now do nationals and worlds dummy

Reactions: PSUWrestling2425
Wrong!!
so glad we're still doing this....

guys can't compete in multiple districts though...just like they can't compete in multiple states.

so on that weekend, do you say you or your son or daughter has "district"? if they do well, they won district?

winning districts means you won one district tournament.

so glad we're still doing this....

guys can't compete in multiple districts though...just like they can't compete in multiple states.

so on that weekend, do you say you or your son or daughter has "district"? if they do well, they won district?

winning districts means you won one district tournament.
An individual competes at a district.
If they get first place, they are a district champ.
I do know that I will say "it is districts weekend" meaning more than one district tournament going on in the state.

Here in Ioway it’s called the State Tournament…not state tournaments or state championships. So we’ll stick to calling it State.

Reactions: T8KUDWN
You guys are well-practiced in the arts of mental gymnastics. Not unexpected, given the Ferrari and Teske seeding threads.

"No, he's headed to the 2024 NCAA Wrestling Championship." LOL, what a response!

• Haha
Reactions: PSUWrestling2425
You guys are well-practiced in the arts of mental gymnastics. Not unexpected, given the Ferrari and Teske seeding threads.

"No, he's headed to the 2024 NCAA Wrestling Championship." LOL, what a response!

LOL - Nationals & Worlds ruins every argument they have. Since it's called State because it's one state, there must be more than one Nation competing at Nationals and more than one World competing at Worlds.

LOL - Nationals & Worlds ruins every argument they have
No, it most certainly does NOT. The host literally uses those words in the title. Please show me ANYWHERE the host uses "States". We will all wait patiently for you to provide such....

Editted to add: The more I look I am not even sure the host uses Worlds, which certainly doesn't help your argument. WIth that said, you can call it what you want. That isn't even the issue. Just don't act like it is the right way and/or the ONLY way...

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT