ADVERTISEMENT

****Kentucky vs Iowa Game Thread****

Interesting, IMO you’re giving way too much power and credit to anonymous internet posters though. I’m not for demeaning players character or personal lives, but players performance on the field is free game. I graduated from Iowa, but definitely don’t donate and no longer have season tickets, but I do work with numerous big donors who openly say much worse things about players than what I’m reading on here. Internet posters and donors are not mutually exclusive when it comes to criticizing players.
when did it become "not cool" to say we don't like a loss? I guess we should all come on here and say, "we are all losers and we love to lose!"

Interesting, IMO you’re giving way too much power and credit to anonymous internet posters though. I’m not for demeaning players character or personal lives, but players performance on the field is free game. I graduated from Iowa, but definitely don’t donate and no longer have season tickets, but I do work with numerous big donors who openly say much worse things about players than what I’m reading on here. Internet posters and donors are not mutually exclusive when it comes to criticizing players.
The vast majority of donors (and I am close to several too) give because they support the program and not because they want to be coaches. Saying something about our current QB in a conversation and writing deplorable things about them where everyone can read, including family, is not acceptable IMHO.

I have said for two years our team would be better with improved QB play and we should recruit players able to make plays with their feet. We are often burned by QB's that flush and run for a first down on 3rd and long. With that said, I don't post that our QB is garbage, etc. It shouldn't be that hard. I'm also sick of people that have never played a meaningful down or coached sitting behind a keyboard playing tough guy know-it-all. It gets old!

Finally, I'm pretty happy with both football and basketball. I'm able to objectively look at a team that had few seniors and a lot of freshmen and sophomores, an inexperienced OL, and wonder how the hell did they win 10 games. The same is true in basketball. We lost four starter, two to the NBA, and people call our team garbage. I think the ceiling is high for both programs! You might say it's the nature of a message board but I say it reveals the character of those posters.

Welp, at least we will have some time to go win it. Let them score here.

Why was the clock stopped after their long catch until the next snap? Shouldn’t Ky been able to run 40 seconds off the clock before first and goal at the one?

The vast majority of donors (and I am close to several too) give because they support the program and not because they want to be coaches. Saying something about our current QB in a conversation and writing deplorable things about them where everyone can read, including family, is not acceptable IMHO.

I have said for two years our team would be better with improved QB play and we should recruit players able to make plays with their feet. We are often burned by QB's that flush and run for a first down on 3rd and long. With that said, I don't post that our QB is garbage, etc. It shouldn't be that hard. I'm also sick of people that have never played a meaningful down or coached sitting behind a keyboard playing tough guy know-it-all. It gets old!

Finally, I'm pretty happy with both football and basketball. I'm able to objectively look at a team that had few seniors and a lot of freshmen and sophomores, an inexperienced OL, and wonder how the hell did they win 10 games. The same is true in basketball. We lost four starter, two to the NBA, and people call our team garbage. I think the ceiling is high for both programs! You might say it's the nature of a message board but I say it reveals the character of those posters.
I don't disagree with a lot of what you said, but basketball will be lucky if they don't play day one of the conference tournament.

I don't disagree with a lot of what you said, but basketball will be lucky if they don't play day one of the conference tournament.
Ok. I see a lot of good things about this team and I bet they get much better by the end of the season. But if everyone stays for another year would you say that? We are certainly a little weak in the paint and in rebounding. We are pretty damn good offensively and can put people on the floor that play better defense than last year. Give 'em a chance to develop. JBo has played the most and his time is reduced. The rest have only played in support roles. Now it's their time and they are still pretty young.

Lol a Kentucky fan that doesn’t know shit about football, of course

clearly you’ve never watched Iowa, be thankful we have a total turd of a QB right now or your team would be getting rocked

UK was almost forced to play at TE at T due to injuries, and was missing their two best defenders if you don't want to include the DT AA who was already out.

Don't want to hear it.

Great game, but it was REAAAAAL close to being 21-3 early...

UK was a finalist for best O line in the country... don't think Iowa is getting eight sacks if they're all playing. No other team all season has come close to that...

But, maybe. Who knows?

Reactions: TheBlueCat and TKE_
UK was almost forced to play at TE at T due to injuries, and was missing their two best defenders if you don't want to include the DT AA who was already out.

Don't want to hear it.

UK was a finalist for best O line in the country... don't think Iowa is getting eight sacks if they're all playing. No other team all season has come close to that...

But, maybe. Who knows?
And and if Goodson plays...

Some of those 10-20 yard runs...

REAAAAAL close to being house calls...

But,maybe. Who knows?

Don't want to hear it.

But, maybe. Who knows?

And and if Goodson plays...

Some of those 10-20 yard runs...

REAAAAAL close to being house calls...

But,maybe. Who knows?
As former UK coach Jerry Claiborne once said, (paraphrasing) “It doesn’t do any good to play the ‘if’n’ game after the game itself is over”.

I just want to wish the Hawkeyes the best going forward.

As former UK coach Jerry Claiborne once said, (paraphrasing) “It doesn’t do any good to play the ‘if’n’ game after the game itself is over”.

I just want to wish the Hawkeyes the best going forward.
It was a good game. We felt we had the momentum in the 2nd half and should have put the game away. We did not and you guys won. Congrats and best of luck moving forward as well.

What about tv money? Donations?

Where the money come from genius?
These are not precise and reflect my memory:

About $30M from Fox and ESPN.
About $3M from CBS
About $2.8 million from the Big Ten bowl package

That's before selling a ticket, receiving a donation or receiving a royalty payment on clothes, apparel, accessories.

Ticket sales are around $26M.

AD specific donations believed to be in a wide range of between 12-15Mish to as much as $25M. Much of this is confidential.

I don't know if it is still legal to endow athletic scholarships but, if so, that's a few million more.

Cannot really find the royalties and direct income from the tiger hawk, the name Iowa and any other kinds of revenue streams. For example, a small profit is made on the summer camps.

It's been years since the Iowa AD has required taxpayer support. It's a profit center.

These are not precise and reflect my memory:

About $30M from Fox and ESPN.
About $3M from CBS
About $2.8 million from the Big Ten bowl package

That's before selling a ticket, receiving a donation or receiving a royalty payment on clothes, apparel, accessories.

Ticket sales are around $26M.

AD specific donations believed to be in a wide range of between 12-15Mish to as much as $25M. Much of this is confidential.

I don't know if it is still legal to endow athletic scholarships but, if so, that's a few million more.

Cannot really find the royalties and direct income from the tiger hawk, the name Iowa and any other kinds of revenue streams. For example, a small profit is made on the summer camps.

It's been years since the Iowa AD has required taxpayer support. It's a profit center.
Tv money exists because of fans time.

Without fans there is no money, from tv tickets etc

pElpAOqq

I'm able to objectively look at a team that had few seniors and a lot of freshmen and sophomores, an inexperienced OL, and wonder how the hell did they win 10 games. The same is true in basketball. We lost four starter, two to the NBA, and people call our team garbage. I think the ceiling is high for both programs! You might say it's the nature of a message board but I say it reveals the character of those posters.
1. You are the standard and thus know you are objective as opposed to other posters.
2. You are also able to ascertain the character of posters as their posts reveal it.

You have a lofty position, sir.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT