ADVERTISEMENT

KF, "It's complicated."

TN defensive backs knew exactly what routes the receivers were running and covered them like a surgeon's glove.

To Ferentz I would say: its not complicated for your opponents if you insist on running the same plays out of the same lame playbook week after week every year.

😆 ready to bury this and have high hopes for next season but good lord..

Adam Sandler GIF by IFC

It's not that complicated Kirk. Hire some competent offensive staff, give them the latitude to make the necessary changes, and you'll probably score some points. No more nepotism. No more good ol boys. Just hire a competent staff to go with your stellar defense and you're off to the races.

His rambling was no sort of admission that it’s a broken system and went on about past successes that haven’t been achieved in some time. He won’t change a damn thing this off season.
I'm hopeful the new OC makes a difference, laughable today, I know, but if it's Chryst it's possible. Cade has to be healthy too but that seems unlikely. And what we have coming back there's a lot to build on. Need OL help in portal.

Last edited:
0 points against a d back field that was was gutted shouldn't be complicated. if it is you need a new plan.

I guess he thought he would win 13-10 game against a "run n shoot" SEC team that averaged 31 points a game.
The announcers were basically shitting on Iowa the entire game for not even attempting to go at their depleted secondary. They were nice about it, but you could tell they thought Iowa was completely stupid in their approach.

Basically, what he’s saying is that he knows something has to change, but he doesn’t like change and change takes you out of your comfort zone and is hard.

I bet he still runs meetings the same way he did 25 years ago. I bet he still has many routines that have never changed.

The thought of evolving the offense is frightening to him. But just look at Saban, he didn’t always run this offense that we ‘re watching today, he went out of his comfort zone. And change takes time.

The announcers were basically shitting on Iowa the entire game for not even attempting to go at their depleted secondary. They were nice about it, but you could tell they thought Iowa was completely stupid in their approach.
Oh they added the usual BS about the elite D which helps ease the pain of this untalented weak scheduling garbage fraud

TN defensive backs knew exactly what routes the receivers were running and covered them like a surgeon's glove.

To Ferentz I would say: its not complicated for your opponents if you insist on running the same plays out of the same lame playbook week after week every year.
I think you meant to say 'back-up' defensive backs... ;) (I thought I would spare you the ol' FIFY post)

Reactions: lucas80 and nu2u
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT