ADVERTISEMENT

Little brother not so little anymore?

Why certainly...

it is akin to a school/program spending more than a quarter-million each year to recruit men's basketball and then losing in round one to UAB.

Can I4 tell us what spending millions on the isu football program has gained them since 1912? Or is this like golf where the goal for isu is to win a few football conference championships as possible?

Can some one help me out here? The uofi spent one MILLION dollars to atract more students and enrollment dropped. WTF

Can someone help me out here? Why does isu spend less on educating their students than Iowa despite having more enrollment? Better question would probably be why are clone fans so proud of that?

Why certainly...

it is akin to a school/program spending more than a quarter-million each year to recruit men's basketball and then losing in round one to UAB.
nope no tax dollars here

Can someone help me out here? Why does isu spend less on educating their students than Iowa despite having more enrollment? Better question would probably be why are clone fans so proud of that?
and still more students choose ISU, why is that?

and still more students choose ISU, why is that?

They aren't smart enough to know isu spends less on their education than Iowa would. Pretty simple really. The less informed and less fortunate choose isu.

The new motto at isu is "come to isu we have more enrollment than Iowa but we will spend less on your education than they will and our fans love this."

Sounds like a great billboard of Pollard.
spend more get less. ISU grads at 10 years make more than aib east grads, maybe that has something to do with enrollment!?!?

spend more get less. ISU grads at 10 years make more than aib east grads, maybe that has something to do with enrollment!?!?

Naw spend less to get a lesser quality education at least that is what the U.S. News and World Report says.

But of course we must ignore that correct?

Can I4 tell us what spending millions on the isu football program has gained them since 1912? Or is this like golf where the goal for isu is to win a few football conference championships as possible?

The ISU football program makes money, so its actually an investment. Iowa's campaign cost them money and didn't increase their revenue, so it was a complete failure. ISU's marketing strategies actually work.

isu can't prevent research fraud so of course the best way to solve that is to demand that the State send them MORE MONEY.

Makes perfect sense to isu fan just ask them.

The ISU football program makes money, so its actually an investment. Iowa's campaign cost them money and didn't increase their revenue, so it was a complete failure. ISU's marketing strategies actually work.

Iowa drawfs isu's revenue on an athletics and has actually found a way to win numerous football conference championships since 1912. Something little bro can't figure out.

Hey Boys5, if isu was so successful with their campaign why does Iowa sell $19m for football tickets and isu sells $9.8M?

Maybe this explains why isu spends less on educating their students. Basic math isn't required.

then why do ISU grads make more money??

They don't. You aren't fooled by one data point now are you? No wonder isu is always looking up to Iowa.

The more you post I4 the more you prove my points.

Hey Boys5, if isu was so successful with their campaign why does Iowa sell $19m for football tickets and isu sells $9.8M?

Maybe this explains why isu spends less on educating their students. Basic math isn't required.

I was bashing Iowa's campaign to increase their student population, which failed miserably. You are right, their football program makes good money, but that's not even what I was talking about. You should read next time before responding.

Great link I4 can you tell the world why an Iowa MBA out earns an isu PHD? I guess it goes to that whole superior education.

More links, more links, more links.

Well I mean, based on that link at least, the average MBA pay is higher than the average PhD salary pretty much across the board, probably because of the types of jobs and industries that graduates work in. For example, Harvard MBAs earn higher salaries than Harvard PhDs. So it's not surprising at all that's the case with Iowa and Iowa State as well. Apples and oranges.

I received my bachelor's from Iowa State, my MBA from Iowa, and cheer for both schools. The state of Iowa is blessed to have such good public universities.

I was bashing Iowa's campaign to increase their student population, which failed miserably. You are right, their football program makes good money, but that's not even what I was talking about. You should read next time before responding.

And I was bashing Pollards discounting and its affect on isu's football revenue.

Get it yet or do you need it explained?

And I was bashing Pollards discounting and its affect on isu's football revenue.

Get it yet or do you need it explained?

Fact: Pollard has greatly increased revenue since he's been there.
FactSelling a ticket at $30 is better than not selling a ticket all. Pretty simple stuff.

Wow got to love it. Clones sell more tickets to one game and now you think they are the most loyal fan base. Then you read them bragging about bringing in more students? Is this seriously the stuff that is suppose to impress Iowa fans on a football message board?

As for the last clone post about pollard increasing revenue since he's been at ISU Barta has done the same at Iowa so don't know what point you are trying to prove there.

Fact: Pollard has greatly increased revenue since he's been there.
FactSelling a ticket at $30 is better than not selling a ticket all. Pretty simple stuff.

Fact Iowa has over $19m in football revenue and isu has $9.8m in football revenue.

Pollard sure is a marketing genius. Just ignore the revenue figures clone fans do.

That is true as long as it doesn't result in fewer sales of $60 tickets in the future. Pollard has a good feel for this though.

Isn't it amazing how Cyclone fans continue to turn out in big numbers after the last two seasons we've had? In particular the lack of success at home. If the wins don't come it will become increasingly difficult to keep fans coming. A win Saturday, making it 2 home wins with 4 games to go, would be a big step in the right direction.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boys5
That is true as long as it doesn't result in few sales of $60 tickets in the future. Pollard has a good feel for this though.

Isn't it amazing how Cyclone fans continue to turn out in big numbers after the last two seasons we've had. In particular the lack of success at home. If the wins don't come it will become increasingly difficult to keep fans coming. A win Saturday, making it 2 home wins with 4 games to go, would be a big step in the right direction.

Isn't it amazing that Iowa has $19m in football revenue and isu has $9.8m yet clone fans are just giddy with Pollards "marketing"?

Everyone on be planet knows that it is the volume of tickets sold and not revenue that matters. Clone fans will tell you just ask them. But don't laugh as they will be confused as to why you are laughing at them.

Last edited:
Isn't it amazing that Iowa has $19m in football revenue and isu has $9.8m yet clone fans are just giddy with Pollards "marketing"?

Everyone on be planet knows that it is the volume of tickets sold and not revenue that matters. Clone fans will tell you just ask them. But don't laugh as they will be confused as to why you are laughing at them.

You sure care a lot about what Iowa State fans think. Your obsession/jealousy is out of control.

You sure care a lot about what Iowa State fans think. Your obsession/jealousy is out of control.

Again what is there to be jealous about? I post facts that defeat your shallow arguments and get a laugh along the way. Do keep posting though they laughter is good for the soul.

So an increase in students and a record setting freshman class is 'failing miserably'? Good point, how did I not realize that? Thank you for pointing that out.

I was in Ames for the first time in a long time and I drove by Jack Trice. It's much more impressive than it used to be.
Should we be worried? They already beat us regularly as it is.

WELP, that was settled. Little brother status back, always has been, but really back. HAWKS.

Ahem...

CHCSQKPYZZGQOYQ.20151006142752.jpg

...so $19.50 per game. What a deal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT