ADVERTISEMENT

Luke Wieskamp & Jack McCaffery, Class of 2025

There was a thing about her recently, she lead her team to the State Tourney...as a 7th grader starting on varsity.
A bit early for my personal taste playing Varsity High School sports, but whatever the State rules are is what they are.

Greenway is thru and thru Hawkeye though, so if his girls have "it" in regards to DI sports, I'd bet on Iowa if they were interested in them. That said, he lives on Lake Minnetonka I believe, and maybe he'd prefer his little angels stay closer to Home. No idea, and long way off.

He peddles Vodka these days and does some other commercials in the Twin Cities, but I bet he can get some time away from "work" to watch his kids in Iowa City if so inclined. Ha!

Forgot Mom Jenni was a Track Athlete at Iowa too. Providence Academy is a private Catholic School school located in Plymouth.

There was a thing about her recently, she lead her team to the State Tourney...as a 7th grader starting on varsity.

Bluder needs to put out an offer now. A 7th grader averaging 20 per game in varsity? And one that comes from two big time athletic parents?

raw

No I don’t. This narrative that Fran doesn’t play or recruit AA is unfair, racist and has no place here.
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!

If only he didnt have a record over the last 10 years that wasn’t absolutely damning in his ability to do exactly that, or a case study in playing 3 guys this year over Keegan that wasn’t some of the most egregious coaching malpractice that I’ve ever seen in my life!!!!!!

Not surprised at all that Fran‘s defenders are so unbelievably stupid as to play the race card though. It’s racist to criticize Fran’s terrible record in recruiting African American players over the years? How unbelievably stupid can you get?

Last edited:
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!

If only he didnt have a record over the last 10 years that wasn’t absolutely damning in his ability to do exactly that, or a case study in playing 3 guys this year over Keegan that wasn’t some of the most egregious coaching malpractice that I’ve ever seen in my life!!!!!!
Any evidence this has to do with race and not simply giving the upperclassmen a chance to get the win? Those that had committed so much to the program the last few years.

Now criticize this decision sure but Fran owes his allegiance to his players and their families not the fans. IMO.

Any evidence this has to do with race and not simply giving the upperclassmen a chance to get the win? Those that had committed so much to the program the last few years.

Now criticize this decision sure but Fran owes his allegiance to his players and their families not the fans. IMO.
You just called a criticism that I’d guess a minimum of 30% of Hawk fans hold as racist. Brilliant! Now you want me to provide evidence? I don’t know or care what it has to do with. It’s plain as day and a fact for anyone with a brain to see.

FIFY.

This subset is not necessarily representative of Hawk fans as a whole I don’t believe.

JFC. He's signed ONE four star African American recruit in TWELVE recruiting classes, and you’re such a freaking ignorant twit that you have the nerve to call criticism of that racist and not a widely held opinion? Can you please change that picture from Lincoln to someone more appropriate for your level of thinking like James Buchanan?

Reactions: littlez
JFC. He's signed ONE four star African American recruit in TWELVE recruiting classes, and you’re such a freaking ignorant twit that you have the nerve to call criticism of that racist and not a widely held opinion? Can you please change that picture from Lincoln to someone more appropriate for your level of thinking like James Buchanan?

Fran's tried to recruit plenty of 4 star black players to Iowa but they just haven't chosen Iowa. You know recruiting isn't just picking who you want to be on your team, right?

Again, our ability to not sign many 4 stars doesn’t have anything to do with race. It simply doesn’t. It has do with our lack of succcess post season and contending for championships and failing to develop NBA level talent from under recruited players.

If you wanna see race in all this that’s up to you but that isnt the lens that I view the world. I think youre wrong and a racist. Now GFY. I don’t have time for people like you.

Lastly, I hope you aren’t a physician as your name Implies.

Speaking of ignorant, Ulis was a 4 star recruit last year in addition to Tyler Cook

Again, our ability to not sign many 4 stars doesn’t have anything to do with race. It simply doesn’t. It has do with our lack of succcess post season and contending for championships and failing to develop NBA level talent from under recruited players.

If you wanna see race in all this that’s up to you but that isnt the lens that I view the world. I think youre wrong and a racist. Now GFY. I don’t have time for people like you.

Lastly, I hope you aren’t a physician as your name Implies.
In twelve classes? TWELVE!?!?!?! TWELVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TJ Otz will most likely sign 2 or more in his first 2 classes and surpass Fran in that metric despite coming into one of the worst displays for a P5 program in NCAA basketball history....

Keep calling tens of thousands of Iowa fans racist, Mr Buchanan, it’s a REALLY smart look!

• Haha
Reactions: BBHawk
Fran's tried to recruit plenty of 4 star black players to Iowa but they just haven't chosen Iowa. You know recruiting isn't just picking who you want to be on your team, right?
So your point is he’s bad at this? I agree! It’s my point as well!

Speaking of ignorant, Ulis was a 4 star recruit last year in addition to Tyler Cook
You definitely are an expert in ignorant. Sorry I hurt your feelings in that other thread and you are now following me around, but as usual you are wrong again, he‘s not even close.

Tyler Cook is the only 1, in TWELVE CLASSES!

You definitely are an expert in ignorant. Sorry I hurt your feelings in that other thread and you are now following me around, but as usual you are wrong again, he‘s not even close.

Tyler Cook is the only 1, in TWELVE CLASSES!

Not following you around, you’re just really active (read: mad) online tonight and I can’t dodge reading your shitty posts. Feel free to go to 247 permanently if you like their work better. I promise that nobody will miss you

Everyone that follows recruiting knows any ranking that considers ESPN is an absolute joke.
The composite has been the standard for a long time, nobody cherry picks individual services unless they are so terrible they’ve signed 1 composite AA 4 star in 12 classes. The types who defend this record will strangely often then call anyone who criticizes this a racist. Congrats on being a part of this brain trust of titan thinkers...

Espn had Luka Garza ranked the highest among the 4 services...

Since Uno won’t be able to get this, the composite averages all the rankings together into 1 ranking.

Last edited:
The composite has been the standard for a long time, nobody cherry picks individual services unless they are so terrible they’ve signed 1 composite 4 star in 12 classes. These types will often then call anyone who criticizes this a racist. Congrats on being a part of this brain trust of titan thinkers...
... that you’ve spent your Sunday night calling names anonymously online. There’s a word for people like you. It’s “loser”

Not following you around, you’re just really active (read: mad) online tonight and I can’t dodge reading your shitty posts. Feel free to go to 247 permanently if you like their work better. I promise that nobody will miss you
That postet is definitely not a doctor of anything. He's way too ignorant to have a degree. Just ignore him. He's a troll.

Don't know why we're arguing about old recruits when talking about 8th graders, but I'll add to the convo.

Cook is the only widely accepted 4 star black player that Fran has signed. He's also one of the few players that's gotten any significant run in the NBA from Fran's tenure. But, Ulis was considered a 4 star by Rivals. Moss was considered a 4 star by ESPN. Hutton was considered a 4 star by 247 Sports. Obviously each of those are only rated that high by one service, not all of them. But they all were thought of highly by someone.

Having said that, it isn't like Fran is raking in talent left and right. Pat, Joe W, Connor, Luka, Woodbury, and Gesell are the only other players with some amount of 4 star credentials that he's signed and Connor likely only got the 4th star from ESPN because of who his dad is. Two of those are Fran's kids, so he didn't have to recruit them hard and Joe was coming to Iowa pretty much no matter what. So that leaves three four star players from this list that Fran actively had to recruit(1 from Iowa, 1 from just across the river, and 1 from the east coast).

Fran is not Racist. Dumbest take on the internet in years. Of course it is by a Cyclone fan. Which wouldnt thier new coach be considered racist now that he has pushed out 3-4 black players and recruits in a week? Bad look

He's an idiot. A racist basketball coach - OK. God forbid you have a team that just so happens to have a majority of white players from time to time. And by all accounts, other than the one's who actually want to see race, were the better players this year. I'm sure he will be happier next year.

I didn't realize you could recruit and sign 3 star AAs, but if you can't sign a 4 or 5 star, you are now a racist? Help me with that logic. Hopefully he is Doc somewhere other than in the medical field.

Any former players claim this? I'll wait.

He's an idiot. A racist basketball coach - OK. God forbid you have a team that just so happens to have a majority of white players from time to time. And by all accounts, other than the one's who actually want to see race, were the better players this year. I'm sure he will be happier next year.

I didn't realize you could recruit and sign 3 star AAs, but if you can't sign a 4 or 5 star, you are now a racist? Help me with that logic. Hopefully he is Doc somewhere other than in the medical field.

Any former players claim this? I'll wait.
Do you even know how to read? I said Fran is terrible at recruiting black players, where did I ever call him racist? I’m the only one who has been called racist in this thread by the Idiots defending his terrible record like you.

Just play our game and make them score inside against us. Iowa can score with almost anyone, Iowa's D will be the Difference.
He's way too ignorant to have a degree.

You’re such an imbecile you actually posted the above before the game about how Iowa would beat Oregon because of defense!!! It would hard for anyone to be as repeatedly wrong about Iowa basketball over and over again if they tried. So it makes perfect sense the most clueless poster on the board is defending Frans failures in recruiting. The lack of athleticism on defense was glaring all year, yet you’re so clueless you thought it’s a strength! You calling someone ignorant is actually an endorsement of competency, so thank you. I’d be worried if you agreed with me.

Reactions: 24 so far
Do you even know how to read? I said Fran is terrible at recruiting black players, where did I ever call him racist? I’m the only one who has been called racist in this thread by the Idiots defending his terrible record like you.
Number 1 - where did I defend his record? So can you read? Number 2 - your comments are blatantly race baiting and you can call them whatever you want.

I have a customer in msp who said people are already talking about greenways daughter and she’s in 7th grade.
Yea, Chad has a houseful of girls. Like momma they'll probably all be lookers too. Fun times for Dad fending off the hormone laden teenage boys.....

Reactions: 24 so far
Composite rankings genius, nobody uses individual services that knows the first thing about recruiting.
You are giving off the vibe that you are an African American. Is that true? Are you an African American?

• Sad
Reactions: BBHawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT