ADVERTISEMENT

Luke Wieskamp & Jack McCaffery, Class of 2025

You are giving off the vibe that you are an African American. Is that true? Are you an African American?
I ask because you are so biased. You can not even refrain from calling people names in virtually every post that you make. I'm trying to understand your mindset.

Yea, Chad has a houseful of girls. Like momma they'll probably all be lookers too. Fun times for Dad fending off the hormone laden teenage boys.....
I'll bet those teenage boys get a whole new perspective when they meet Daddy the former NFL Linebacker for the first time! Ha!

Reactions: NoSwampDonkeys
I would say,yes let's offer both now. We'd get some significant amount of pub out of that. Who has ever had TWO 8th graders commit???

I’ll say it so everyone else doesn’t have to — I’m sick of pretending that Fran’s kids soaking up Iowa schollies is good for Iowa basketball. We could easily recruit and land better players.

Come at me.

• Haha
Reactions: jo12208 and BBHawk
I’ll say it so everyone else doesn’t have to — I’m sick of pretending that Fran’s kids soaking up Iowa schollies is good for Iowa basketball. We could easily recruit and land better players.

Come at me.
I think the jury is still out on Patrick. Connor doesn't bring nearly enough to the party as far as I'm concerned in a game-in game-out basis in a Power 5 DI setting.

I look at it this way, think of the guys that are on our Team (or any Team for that matter), that have had plenty of playing time to be evaluated in DI Basketball. Now think of how many offers that particular player would receive if they entered the Transfer Portal. If the answer is zero to very few, especially Power 5 where Iowa resides, that should give you said value of a player currently on Iowa's roster (at least in your own opinion).

So Kris Murray, Ogundele, etc. wouldn't fit this narrative because they have very little on tape.

So if other teams could steal our players overnight to play for them, who are they grabbing? Put them in order and if you're being objective, there's your answer.

Reactions: Raptorpeeps
I think the jury is still out on Patrick. Connor doesn't bring nearly enough to the party as far as I'm concerned in a game-in game-out basis in a Power 5 DI setting.

I look at it this way, think of the guys that are on our Team (or any Team for that matter), that have had plenty of playing time to be evaluated in DI Basketball. Now think of how many offers that particular player would receive if they entered the Transfer Portal. If the answer is zero to very few, especially Power 5 where Iowa resides, that should give you said value of a player currently on Iowa's roster (at least in your own opinion).

So Kris Murray, Ogundele, etc. wouldn't fit this narrative because they have very little on tape.

So if other teams could steal our players overnight to play for them, who are they grabbing? Put them in order and if you're being objective, there's your answer.
I don’t know that the jury is out on Patrick, I think it is obvious he belongs at a Big Ten school. If his shot never develops beyond being streaky than he likely isn’t starter material. But his energy and athleticism show he can make it as at least a 15 mpg backup. Connor would probably be taken by a few Big Ten teams, but as an end of bench guy, not even a 10 mpg player. You do need guys on the end of the bench in case of fouls or injuries that can come in not make mistakes. And his shooting deficiency wouldn’t be so glaring if he was only getting mop up or emergency time.

I don’t know that the jury is out on Patrick, I think it is obvious he belongs at a Big Ten school. If his shot never develops beyond being streaky than he likely isn’t starter material. But his energy and athleticism show he can make it as at least a 15 mpg backup. Connor would probably be taken by a few Big Ten teams, but as an end of bench guy, not even a 10 mpg player. You do need guys on the end of the bench in case of fouls or injuries that can come in not make mistakes. And his shooting deficiency wouldn’t be so glaring if he was only getting mop up or emergency time.
I agreed with you until you said unless his shot improves he isn’t starter material. He’s starting next year, no doubt. He’s 6-9, was clearly the most aggressive guy we had in taking it to the hole, threw down some crazy dunks. He runs the floor fantastic for a guy his size as well. Clearly needs work on defense and needs to get stronger but he has a chance to be an all B1G player down the road.

I agreed with you until you said unless his shot improves he isn’t starter material. He’s starting next year, no doubt. He’s 6-9, was clearly the most aggressive guy we had in taking it to the hole, threw down some crazy dunks. He runs the floor fantastic for a guy his size as well. Clearly needs work on defense and needs to get stronger but he has a chance to be an all B1G player down the road.
I guess I meant at a top-flight Big Ten school like Michigan or usually MSU he probably wouldn't be a starter unless his shot stopped being so streaky. At Iowa, as long as Fran is coach, we know he'll be a starter at some point and he'd likely develop into starter material at many other schools because of the reasons you said. It is obvious that his higher ranking was more justified than Connor's was out of high school.

Any highlights of Woods’ son? In addition, I believe that former ISU player and SE Iowa product Klay Edwards has a son on the team.

Jack has been taller than his dad & Connor for a year & a half now. If he isn't 6'8" with shoes, he is close. He'll be the tallest of the bunch, regardless.
If he is 6'8 then I have a foot long pecker...
Sounds like you may have a foot long pecker or at least are close. Congrats on that!

Come at me.
Do you have any kids that play sports? Or just an internet day who like to make comments on this site?

Reactions: colhawk

Come at me.
You're going to have to do better than that!

😂

Do you have any kids that play sports? Or just an internet day who like to make comments on this site?
I don’t see the relevance of the question but I’ll play along. Yes, I have kids. All play sports. My second oldest son is a high school junior going through the recruiting process right now.

You?

I keep hoping to see Luke or Jack at some area tournaments my son plays in. The Barnstormers bring teams, but these two must be playing in on different teams (All Iowa Attack maybe) or playing up for better competition. The kids wearing #21 and #22 on the Barnstormers 14U team were not Luke and Jack.

I keep hoping to see Luke or Jack at some area tournaments my son plays in. The Barnstormers bring teams, but these two must be playing in on different teams (All Iowa Attack maybe) or playing up for better competition. The kids wearing #21 and #22 on the Barnstormers 14U team were not Luke and Jack.
Jack, Luke, and Mason Woods (Lavar's son) also Jake Edwards (Jess Settle's HS Teammate Klay Edwards -ISU son)

are on the All Iowa Attack 8th Grade East team.

Reactions: HawkeyeShawn
I don’t see the relevance of the question but I’ll play along. Yes, I have kids. All play sports. My second oldest son is a high school junior going through the recruiting process right now.

You?
Just HS sports. But now they are both VP of major company"s and they are smart enough they don't have to get on the Hawkeye Report and try and tear down a coach and his family...You should try it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT