ADVERTISEMENT

Max Duggan’s recruit

CoeurdAlene Hawk

Scout Team
Nov 6, 2021
Does anyone know if Iowa did actually want him? I mean the guy is a f^cking world beater and adds a lot of moxie to an offense with his feet. Just really better than any QB we have by a considerable margin. We have at least 2 more wins with him.

I genuinely don’t know if he was even considered by our staff.

Does anyone know if Iowa did actually want him? I mean the guy is a f^cking world beater and adds a lot of moxie to an offense with his feet. Just really better than any QB we have by a considerable margin. We have at least 2 more wins with him.

He was the first QB Iowa offered in that class, but he wanted to play in a spread offense and start as a true freshman and got to do both at TCU.

Here were all the other QBs Iowa offered that year, in order, for what it's worth.

Max Duggan (TCU), Taisun Phommachanh (Clemson), Graham Mertz (Wisconsin), Grant Gunnell (Arizona), Sam Johnson (BC), Easton Dean (Iowa State), Maverick McIvor (Texas Tech), Zach Calzada (Texas A&M), Jacob Clark (Minnesota), Connor Bazelak (Missouri), and then Alex Padilla (Iowa).
Jees, that can't be. Iowa never puts any effort into recruiting, and doesn't talk to anyone in the portal...... o_O

The

The real question is: Would Max be the same QB he is if he went to Iowa? I don't believe Iowa knows how to develop QBs. They coach them to be risk averse. Manage the game instead of improvising. I doubt he would be the as good at Iowa because of the KF and BF.

The

The real question is: Would Max be the same QB he is if he went to Iowa? I don't believe Iowa knows how to develop QBs. They coach them to be risk averse. Manage the game instead of improvising. I doubt he would be the as good at Iowa because of the KF and BF.
Iowa’s best qb on the team is playing as a cover corner. And this proves the staff has no clue how to evaluate qb’s for their system or change a system to the talents of said player. Move Cooper to qb and you have a player that can lead this team very much like Max Duggin is doing at TCU.

Iowa’s best qb on the team is playing as a cover corner. And this proves the staff has no clue how to evaluate qb’s for their system or change a system to the talents of said player. Move Cooper to qb and you have a player that can lead this team very much like Max Duggin is doing at TCU.

Cooper will be playing in the NFL on defense.

Pretty sure Iowa offered him. ISU did, and there was a connection there, but -- according to the rumor mill -- when Purdy blossomed, Duggan was looking at being a backup for three years.

He's had a hell of a good year. Hard to root against him.

I think he got benched. He wasn’t the opener starter.

OH WOW, WE WON! What can we complain about? I know! the QB at TCU. But ne's from Iowa and the last one from Iowa who started gets flak here. Oh well.

I wish they would come up with some wildcat packages for him to run. Especially in the red zone where we have sucked all year.

Reactions: Chicagoherky71
I believe Duggan’s dad coached in Texas prior to his move to Iowa, so his recruitment to a Texas school is not far-fetched.

He didn’t start against Iowa State last season because of an injury but played and nearly manufactured a comeback in the second half.

This season is probably his most injury-free season that he’s played. He’s a tough son-of-a-gun.

Reactions: Pete Malloy
I think he got benched. He wasn’t the opener starter.
He was not good for 3 years. TCU fans were done with him, Chandler Morris (redshrit fresman) was the starter to begin the year, but got hurt in the opener. Duggan has gotten hot for sure, he also has a 6'4" WR (will be a 1st rd pick), a 6'5" WR and a Oline full of upperclassman.
When looking at his stats, remember Iowa doesn't have nearly the same skill players that TCU has. TCU fans were all in on him being benched, and they are getting restless that his inconsistencies are coming back.

Reactions: ObeseMuffins
He was not good for 3 years. TCU fans were done with him, Chandler Morris (redshrit fresman) was the starter to begin the year, but got hurt in the opener. Duggan has gotten hot for sure, he also has a 6'4" WR (will be a 1st rd pick), a 6'5" WR and a Oline full of upperclassman.
When looking at his stats, remember Iowa doesn't have nearly the same skill players that TCU has. TCU fans were all in on him being benched, and they are getting restless that his inconsistencies are coming back.
UM, yeah no. He has improved his stat line every year from this freshman season. Passer ratings went 113, 134, 157, 175. Last year he had 16 TDs to 6 INTs.

iu

Cooper sure looks a lot like Taysom Hill. I have no idea about his throwing abilities, but man would it be fun to see him operate in the pocket with that athleticism and have him add that dimension to the offense.

Randy P has said in his articles something about Duggan having problems in prior years..and persevered. Anyone know what they were?
Guessing it had something to do with the 5-7, 6-4, & 5-7 records, as well as Gary Patterson getting fired mid-year last year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT