ADVERTISEMENT

**** Men's NCAA Tournament ****

Wow, can we call that a collapse?
75ra.gif

I'm not an Alford fan, but I also don't have the hatred towards him that many Hawk fans do.

I actually picked Nevada in this game....but since I didn't have either team advancing any further, I don't really care.

I'm not an Alford fan, but I also don't have the hatred towards him that many Hawk fans do.

I actually picked Nevada in this game....but since I didn't have either team advancing any further, I don't really care.
But you lost, that's one point you don't get in your bracket. For betting on Stevie... nice.

I love watching - just little bits & pieces, more checking scores, when Iowa isn't involved in - the NCAA Tournament without filling out a bracket beforehand.

So fun to root for upsets or teams and not have to worry about the consequences of my bracket getting blown up in the process.

Reactions: 83Hawk
But you lost, that's one point you don't get in your bracket. For betting on Stevie... nice.
1. I'm retired...I'm only going against my son. Loser buys ice cream. I don't really lose anything.
2. I make my choices based on who I think will win, not whether I like the coach or not....that would be stupid.
3. Nobody picks a perfect bracket. Besides, I correctly picked one of the upsets already, so they evened out.

Not a good post by you.

1. I'm only going against my son. Loser buys ice cream. I don't really lose anything.
2. I make my choices based on who I think will win, not whether I like the coach or not....that would be stupid.
3. Nobody picks a perfect bracket. Besides, I correctly picked one of the upsets already, so they evened out.
Did your son pick Nevada? Hope not & hope he gets his free ice cream.. lol

Ice Cream Dessert GIF by Ovation TV

Did your son pick Nevada? Hope not & hope he gets his free ice cream.. lol

Ice Cream Dessert GIF by Ovation TV
I don't know who he picked. I guarantee he won't pick every game correctly.

So....if Alford was the coach at, say, North Carolina and they were a #1 seed facing a #16 Liberty....you would pick Liberty because you hate Alford? Nice strategy.

BTW....I have won about 21 out of the last 23 against him.

Why don't you post your bracket so we can make fun of your incorrect picks? I'm sure you have perfect brackets every year.

Dumb post on your part.

I picked Dayton... bc knowing Alfraud was going to choke in the ncaa tourney was an easy pick

F that guy

I picked Dayton... bc knowing Alfraud was going to choke in the ncaa tourney was an easy pick

F that guy
Good for you. You went with the favorite and were correct.

Actually, out of the 13 times Alford has taken a team to the NCAA (Division 1) tournament, he has won at least 1 game 7 times. Fran is 6/12.

I don't like the guy either, but I also don't pick games based on whether I hate the coach or not.

Illinois does a good job of playing down to the level of their opponent in the tourney
You say this like Iowa doesn't do it almost every single tourney game they've been involved in for the last 20 years.

[see: Alford's epic collapse vs NW St, Fran's never having made the Sweet16, etc]

Good for you. You went with the favorite and were correct.

Actually, out of the 13 times Alford has taken a team to the NCAA (Division 1) tournament, he has won at least 1 game 7 times. Fran is 6/12.

I don't like the guy either, but I also don't pick games based on whether I hate the coach or not.
Oh I'll do it, but normally I'll pick them to win, so that I can laugh at them if they lose and still get compensation for their victories........

Still though, Nevada's choke job cost me a perfect bracket.

Colorado state, involved in that paint drying party with Virginia in the play in game has a whopping 11 points at the half. Guessing that's a tournament record. Wonder if this dudes there again with a similar Colorado state shirt this time.
GJFW-5jWwAArU7v

Of course...they have a coach that always has them in a position to win. It would be nice if we had the same thing.

And 13 times this year, they didn’t….WTH? I wonder what his fans think about that….🤷‍♂️

It’s always curious to me what people see & think else where. Without actually seeing it or knowing it, I would wager there have been many times over the last couple years that his fans on his board has opened whether it was time for him to hang it up?

But over here we think he is always in position to win. Except the night we beat them 🤷‍♂️

Isn't that classic Fran, except more white guys.

I'm watching ISU destroy S. Dakota State and thinking Iowa would probably have a dog fight with the SDSU team.

Well FWIW, ISU has shot 81% from the field, that won’t happen all game and it’s now a seven point lead.

Keeping in mind of course I’m actually a pretty big Iowa State fan and expected them to win this game handily but it’s a little premature here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT