ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan grades

IRONBIRD

HR MVP
Dec 2, 2010
Disclaimer: EVERYONE gets a A for being a B1G Wrestler ; )

Lee- B Held to a higher standard, anyone else would get an A for majoring a ranked kid. My thoughts are they are limiting his work in preparations for the B1G end run!

Teske- A Looked as good as I have seen him. Nice tilts to get Tech.

Woods- B Solid effort, may have rushed his first tilt attempt a little. Cost him the tech. Like his double unders

Murin-83 Gotta love this kid. You know you are getting an all out effort every time out. Nice knot on the eye

COBE!!!!! - A+ nuff said!

Kennedy- A took the kid TWOOO the wood shed as he should!

Brands -C+ He is strong and tuff, great hand fighter. Need to see more offense more often!

Rhodes-C just out gunned

WARNER- A Welcome back!!!!

Big Cass- B solid effort, I do not understand exactly what the call was when he had Mason jar head on his back!?!?!?

Lee- B Held to a higher standard, anyone else would get an A for majoring a ranked kid. My thoughts are they are limiting his work in preparations for the B1G end run!

Woods- B Solid effort, may have rushed his first tilt attempt a little. Cost him the tech. Like his double unders

Murin-83 Gotta love this kid. You know you are getting an all out effort every time out. Nice knot on the eye

Brands -C+ He is strong and tuff, great hand fighter. Need to see more offense more often!

Rhodes-C just out gunned

Big Cass- B solid effort, I do not understand exactly what the call was when he had Mason jar head on his back!?!?!?
🤣🤣

Rhodes-C just out gunned

Cass has been shooting with his head down all year. Face up will keep his shoulders above his hips. See last years HWT national champ for proper technique. Can someone please get Royce to teach him to block/protect with his lead leg hand, block with his head on opponent shots , down block etc? If he fixes his D and shot he can win it all 3/18.

Cass has been shooting with his head down all year. Face up will keep his shoulders above his hips. See last years HWT national champ for proper technique. Can someone please get Royce to teach him to block/protect with his lead leg hand, block with his head on opponent shots , down block etc? If he fixes his D and shot he can win it all 3/18.
His bread and butter used to be his single leg, he doesn't set that up as much anymore.

Many of the people Michigan sent out were bums so not much to legit grade. It was good to see Spencer major and blow the lungs out some. Max did a nice job vs a tough freshman. Tony battled but got sloppy at the end. Jake with a nice job throwing up some big points. Cobe did a very nice job beating a higher ranked guy who is a tough out.

I thought Spencer showed great explosiveness in his shots and was the best from neutral he’s been all year. It should be that way with his recovery and all but still a good sign and puts to rest any concern ab his right knee. Medley is game and held him to a decision/went the distance during the ‘19-‘20 dual season too so this wasn’t alarming that Spencer didn’t tech him. Also liked seeing his one armed takedown in the 3rd - haven’t seen that from him in awhile. Good conditioning overall I thought for him too.

I thought Spencer showed great explosiveness in his shots and was the best from neutral he’s been all year. It should be that way with his recovery and all but still a good sign and puts to rest any concern ab his right knee. Medley is game and held him to a decision/went the distance during the ‘19-‘20 dual season too so this wasn’t alarming that Spencer didn’t tech him. Also liked seeing his one armed takedown in the 3rd - haven’t seen that from him in awhile. Good conditioning overall I thought for him too.
In the four matches that Spencer has gone the distance this year, he seems to look better in the third with each match. He didn't show any real signs of gassing tonight. Glad that he is getting a few seven-minute matches in the regular season. That said, if a match is even remotely close after the first period at NCAAs, please take top Spencer.

Listening to Ironside while watching my daughter play a little D1 softball was pretty fun. Very disappointed in Michigan and the lineup they threw out!! Really wanted to see Amine vs PK! I guess they just wanted to give PK the 2 seed at Bigs! Amine will be the 4 now. Cass was close and happy with how he did. Wanted to see Teske/Ragisin also but whatever. Overall happy with how we looked. Oh yea Woods got hosed out of back points again!

i'm not sticking up for their staff but Michigan has now run out a bunch of backups for their two biggest duals of the year. i think they are legit banged up. and i'm pretty sure Lamer is still not 100%. just my .02 but i get being bummed about it.

Why are we not talking about the MI trainer and his amazing mullet A+++. If Brooks and Joe Dirt had a baby that got adopted by the Adam’s family, it would be him.

I bet that guy is a legend on campus. LMAO

I was wondering if he lost a bet or something. I mean it has to be a joke right??????

Either way I bet he’s a tough SOB, you’d have to be.

Cannot believe you guys are throwing shade about Michigan not having a full lineup after what we've been putting out all year.

Injuries suck, no reason to assume they're ducking matches they probably feel good about winning.

Super disappointed to not see Kennedy vs Amine though, seems like Kennedy was disappointed as well with the way he took his frustrations out on their backup.

Rhodes-C just out gunned

They all get As. First they did well, second Michigan is just Michigan, ewwww.

When I first watched college sports I watched OSU/Michigan and started following OSU, the was 74 or so, I went to psu years later so they became my favorite.
I lived in iowa so I’ll root for them usually in most sports but almost never Michigan. I need a special dispensation from the lord almighty to root for them.
And with all the goofy Irish in my area of PSU that’s saying some. My lack of affection for Michigan rivals my eye rolling towards Notre Dame.
Iowa gets extra point for dusting Michigan and FFS how is Lewan a top ten wrestler? Does he ever do anything?

Listening to Ironside while watching my daughter play a little D1 softball was pretty fun. Very disappointed in Michigan and the lineup they threw out!! Really wanted to see Amine vs PK! I guess they just wanted to give PK the 2 seed at Bigs! Amine will be the 4 now. Cass was close and happy with how he did. Wanted to see Teske/Ragisin also but whatever. Overall happy with how we looked. Oh yea Woods got hosed out of back points again!
Amine is legit injured. It was smart to hold him out vs PK. Hope he’s healthy by B1Gs and we get to see that match. Should have a lot of fireworks.

Cannot believe you guys are throwing shade about Michigan not having a full lineup after what we've been putting out all year.

Injuries suck, no reason to assume they're ducking matches they probably feel good about winning.

Super disappointed to not see Kennedy vs Amine though, seems like Kennedy was disappointed as well with the way he took his frustrations out on their backup.
Fair point. But even Grace and Ironside at one point alluded to possible factors other than injury. And as we know, there is injury, and there is "injury." But I get it.

Amine is legit injured. It was smart to hold him out vs PK. Hope he’s healthy by B1Gs and we get to see that match. Should have a lot of fireworks.
Good to know! Not trying to imply they were ducking just disappointed. Should pretty much solidify PK the 2 seed at Bigs though. Also makes Amine the 4 right? If that’s the case I don’t think they will see each other unless Amine beats Hamiti.

I bet that guy is a legend on campus. LMAO

I was wondering if he lost a bet or something. I mean it has to be a joke right??????

Either way I bet he’s a tough SOB, you’d have to be.
That guy with that haircut has been around at least since big tens last year. It's really something.

My guess on 165 seeds is
1 Amine
2 Hamiti
3 PK
4 Facundo

It could be
1 Hamiti
2 PK
3 Facundo
4 Amine
But I think they follow how they’re ranked. Facundo ducked Hamiti and Amine ducked PK.

I thought Max looked really good against a talented youngster. Might have had a major if not for the blood stoppage.

Super impressed with Siebrecht's progression. You don't see 4th year guys improve like this very often. He's already much better than he was at the start of the year. In terms of AAing, I'm still skeptical because he doesn't have consistent offense on his feet., but he's a dangerous match up for most of this weight (which is garbage btw).

He also shows the tremendous value of scrambling. He's not particularly athletic or explosive (as evidenced by his struggles to get to legs), but he has great feel and is comfortable in almost every position. He clearly spends time working on it. It's a great equalizer. Great showing.

Warner needed that match. That kid is not good, but he needed that bad.

I think that was Tony's opportunity to win that match - a la Sorensen-Zain. He cannot keep Parris off his legs. There is a big athleticism gap there.

In the four matches that Spencer has gone the distance this year, he seems to look better in the third with each match. He didn't show any real signs of gassing tonight. Glad that he is getting a few seven-minute matches in the regular season. That said, if a match is even remotely close after the first period at NCAAs, please take top Spencer.
Watched for the 3rd time. At the 28 second mark in the 3rd, Spencer a bit slow to get up and for the rest of the match looked at bit gassed. On the upside he hardly goes to the 3rd.

Fair point. But even Grace and Ironside at one point alluded to possible factors other than injury. And as we know, there is injury, and there is "injury." But I get it.
I think Michigans lineup would've been different had we been forced to throw 3 true freshman out again. Which if true makes them deserve a little heat.

He was there during the Covid year with no fans. I snapped a picture and sent a buddy a message that I found his long lost twin. Then I sent him the pic and he hasn't spoken to me since.
It might not have been the picture, it may have been the incident with your buddy's wife?

Watched for the 3rd time. At the 28 second mark in the 3rd, Spencer a bit slow to get up and for the rest of the match looked at bit gassed. On the upside he hardly goes to the 3rd.
He also had full sleeves on both legs vs before when one leg only had a knee pad.

He was there during the Covid year with no fans. I snapped a picture and sent a buddy a message that I found his long lost twin. Then I sent him the pic and he hasn't spoken to me since.
How did you get to go that year?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT