ADVERTISEMENT

Minny, put in Garza!

Last night Luka got the start vs the Israeli team Maccabi Ra'anana. Ra'anana has gotten blown out by the Nets, the Cavs and last night the Wolves, 138-111.

Luka's stats:

32 minutes (of 48 possible)

2-5 (40%) from 3
7-10 (70%) from 2 point range
9-15 (60%) overall shooting

10-12 (83%) FTs

30 points
4 Rebounds (1 offensive)
3 Assists

1 Block

3 Turnovers
3 Fouls

Reactions: amahawk
Here are extended highlights from last night showing all 7 two point FGs (10 attempts), the 2 three point FGs (5 attempts) and all 10 made Free throws (12 attempts).

Watch here:

@EvilMonkeyInTheCloset , I posted this on July 24th on the previous page but this shows how Luka's body has transformed:

F11yRyxXwAE38lG

F11yRy0XwAM2Ko6

The Wolves (5-0 in the preseason) beat the Bulls (1-4 in the preseason) last night 114-105.

Luka's stats:

12 minutes (of 48 possible)

1-2 (50%) from 3
3-4 (75%) from 2 point range
4-6 (67%) overall shooting

2-2 (100%) FTs

11 Points
4 Rebounds (2 offensive)
1 Steal

1 Foul

No more JBo?
JBo was never going to make the NBA. So I’m guessing they’re thinking why waste a roster spot on him when there are other guys that might have a shot some day? He was also the lowest scoring player on the team that played at least 10 games last year in a league where winning doesn’t really matter. If he isn’t selling a bunch of tickets then he doesn’t have value.

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
JBo was never going to make the NBA. So I’m guessing they’re thinking why waste a roster spot on him when there are other guys that might have a shot some day? He was also the lowest scoring player on the team that played at least 10 games last year in a league where winning doesn’t really matter. If he isn’t selling a bunch of tickets then he doesn’t have value.
I get all that. I thought they may keep him for the Iowa connection. I still don't get how Garza doesn't play more for Minnesota.

I get all that. I thought they may keep him for the Iowa connection. I still don't get how Garza doesn't play more for Minnesota.
KAT, Gobert, and Naz Reid are the reasons why.

There's a lot of money and almost 90 minutes per game this season tied up in those three players.

Reactions: CyberJJ
KAT, Gobert, and Naz Reid are the reasons why.

There's a lot of money and almost 90 minutes per game this season tied up in those three players.
Agree with that. But per minute Luka is close enough to these guys to hopefully get a shot somewhere that may not have a decent center, or maybe a decent backup center. One of the four should have pretty good trade value for Minnesota.

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
Luka has done all he can do. He’s transformed his body, he’s lean, he’s got an incredible offensive game but it’s just going to be tough for him. He’s way too good for the G League. All he can do is hope he gets in the right situation.

Reactions: JBo4Three and szohn
Luka has done all he can do. He’s transformed his body, he’s lean, he’s got an incredible offensive game but it’s just going to be tough for him. He’s way too good for the G League. All he can do is hope he gets in the right situation.
Wonder when he decides to go play in Europe? I hope it works for him in the league but he's in a tough spot

Wonder when he decides to go play in Europe? I hope it works for him in the league but he's in a tough spot
Good question. For Luka I get the feeling (total guess) that going to Europe would almost be like giving up for him. He’s worked so incredibly hard. Any idea what the best player on a team in Europe makes vs a player like Luka here on a 2 way contract? Or what he’s making now? I mean if he can go be the best player on a top Euroleague team and make a million a year it might be worth it.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
Last night the T-wolves (5-2) beat New Orleans (4-4) 122-101. The Wolves led by 29 points heading into the 4th quarter.

13 Minnesota players got into the game. 9 played 18 minutes or more; 4 played between 3 and 5 minutes.

Luka played 5 minutes, was 2-4 from the field, 1-2 in FTs, for 5 pts, 2 rebounds.

I don't have the NBA package so I rarely get to see Minnesota games, but I do check their box scores and every time Luka gets into a game, he does something good, even in limited minutes. I know I'm biased, but I don't believe he has any more to prove in the G League. Time to leave him on the Timberwolves roster.

Last night the T-wolves (5-2) beat New Orleans (4-4) 122-101. The Wolves led by 29 points heading into the 4th quarter.

13 Minnesota players got into the game. 9 played 18 minutes or more; 4 played between 3 and 5 minutes.

Luka played 5 minutes, was 2-4 from the field, 1-2 in FTs, for 5 pts, 2 rebounds.
He'll be ready whenever he gets called. Remember- No Volcano is safe from Luka. :p

Good question. For Luka I get the feeling (total guess) that going to Europe would almost be like giving up for him. He’s worked so incredibly hard. Any idea what the best player on a team in Europe makes vs a player like Luka here on a 2 way contract? Or what he’s making now? I mean if he can go be the best player on a top Euroleague team and make a million a year it might be worth it.
Might be time for Luka to go to Europe. He’ll make good money and meet pretty European girls. Maybe someday the NBA will come back calling with a serious offer.

Last edited:
I think Luka is just looking for that 1 contract that’s not a 2 way. Not a lot of money in that. Was reading that even the Euro guys don’t really make more than the bottom tier NBA guys, excluding the 2 way. Guy never gives up.

I think Luka is just looking for that 1 contract that’s not a 2 way. Not a lot of money in that. Was reading that even the Euro guys don’t really make more than the bottom tier NBA guys, excluding the 2 way. Guy never gives up.

Luka WILL get that contract. I'm sure of it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT