ADVERTISEMENT

Minny, put in Garza!

The Wolves (35-15) beat Houston (23-26) in Minneapolis last night, 111-90.

The Wolves played 9 players 17 or more minutes.

Luka's Stats:

4 minutes

1-1 from 3
1-1 from 2 pt range
2-2 overall shooting

5 Points

1 Foul

The Wolves (36-16) won at Milwaukee (33-19) last night, 129-105.

The Wolves led by 27 pts heading into the 4th quarter. Garza time, right? Nope.

The Wolves played 8 players 19 or more minutes. 5 other Wolves players got either 3 or 4 minutes of playing time.

Luka's Stats:

3 minutes

0-0 FGs
0-0 FTs

0 Points
1 Defensive Rebound

• Angry
Reactions: ddeanHawk
Minnesota (44-20) lost at Cleveland (41-22) last night, 113 to 104 in overtime. There were 265 total minutes of playing time available yet Minnesota played Just nine players 11 minutes or more. Luka did not play (coach's decision).

Minnesota shot just 8-30 (27%) from 3 and 42% (39 - 94) overall. We all know Luka is instant offense and the Wolves obviously could have used Luka's offense last night, especially with Karl Anthony Towns out with injury

Minnesota (44-20) lost at Cleveland (41-22) last night, 113 to 104 in overtime. There were 265 total minutes of playing time available yet Minnesota played Just nine players 11 minutes or more. Luka did not play (coach's decision).

Minnesota shot just 8-30 (27%) from 3 and 42% (39 - 94) overall. We all know Luka is instant offense and the Wolves obviously could have used Luka's offense last night, especially with Karl Anthony Towns out with injury
Luka deserves better.

Any teams during this coming offseason looking for a quality big man who can provide a spark off the bench should sign him.

Finished with 9 minutes, 9 points, 3 rebounds, and 1 assists. Even the announcers said he made the most of his minutes.

Yesterday the Wolves only played 8 players 9 or more minutes in their 120-109 loss at the Lakers. Luka did get called for 3 fouls in those 9 minutes :( I see that the Wolves led 92-91 after 3 quarters and then got crushed in the 4th qtr.

In Luka's 5 shot attempts:

1-3 (33%) from 3
1-2 (50%) from 2
2-5 (40%) overall

4-4 (100%) FTs

Karl Anthony Towns is out for a while with a knee injury and Luka still can barely get any minutes. It just sucks that with all of that offensive talent he can't find a good fit with an NBA team.

The Wolves head coach has stated that Luka is an NBA player, so I feel he does "belong."

For a good portion of this season the Wolves had occupied the #1 seed in the West; now they currently sit at the #3 seed.

Yesterday the Wolves only played 8 players 9 or more minutes in their 120-109 loss at the Lakers. Luka did get called for 3 fouls in those 9 minutes :( I see that the Wolves led 92-91 after 3 quarters and then got crushed in the 4th qtr.

In Luka's 5 shot attempts:

1-3 (33%) from 3
1-2 (50%) from 2
2-5 (40%) overall

4-4 (100%) FTs

Karl Anthony Towns is out for a while with a knee injury and Luka still can barely get any minutes. It just sucks that with all of that offensive talent he can't find a good fit with an NBA team.

The Wolves head coach has stated that Luka is an NBA player, so I feel he does "belong."

For a good portion of this season the Wolves had occupied the #1 seed in the West; now they currently sit at the #3 seed.
I don’t think you realize how deep the wolves are with big men. Even with KAT out they still have Rudy, Naz and Kyle Anderson that will play before him. The recently signed tj warren as well.

As a wolves fan I wish Garza would play more as well but as crazy as this sounds, the wolves have actually adjusted to being one of the better defensive NBA teams and that is not Garza’s game at all.
You saw he played 9 minutes and picked up 3 fouls.

It does surprise me a little that he doesn’t get a few minutes here and there to bring some energy and be a scoring threat if they are in a drought.

Unfortunately in the NBA you’re more likely to get minutes as an energy guy if you play defense. Not offense, like mark madsen and Brian cardinal for example.

The Wolves (46-21) won at Utah (29-38), 119-100.

10 Wolves players played 10 or more minutes.

Luka's stats:

13 minutes (of 48 possible)

1-4 (25%) from 3
3-5 (60%) from 2
4-9 (44%) overall shooting

0-0 FTs

9 Points
3 Rebounds (1 offensive)

0 Turnovers
2 Fouls

The Wolves (47-21) won at Utah (29-39), 114-104. They are the current #2 seed in the West, trailing #1 seed Oklahoma City (47-20) by just one-half game.

10 Wolves players played 9 or more minutes.

Luka's stats:

11 minutes (of 48 possible)

2-4 (50%) from 3
1-1 (100%) from 2
3-5 (60%) overall shooting

0-0 FTs

8 Points
1 Offensive Rebound

2 Turnovers
1 Foul

Here was the status last night on the Wolves top 3 centers.

KAT (knee) & Gobert (ribs) were out the entire game; Reid (head) was out the entire 2nd half.

In case you missed this Anthony Edwards dunk:

GJAiidlWwAAc7oQ

I love Luka but he’s just to slow. I believe he was a -13 last night for the wolves. Next worse player was a - 5. Unless he can go in and light it up for a stretch he doesn’t bring much else. He’s not quick enough to guard and while he does box out and position himself for rebounds, he doesn’t have the quick hops every other player has.
Anderson for reference was a +20

Reid, Kat and Rudy out tonite vs nuggets.
If Luka cannot get minutes tonite vs joker...never will.
Listening to pregame and they are talking about going small.
Porter, gordan and joker will eatem alive.

Great game.... Ant had a clean look to tie it at the buzzer...clank.

Luka played a lot of minutes.
Wolves fell down by 18 but battled back to take lead.
I only saw the 4th qtr but analyst cited Lukas energy as spurring the comeback.
He played the first 7-8 minutes of 4th. He did a great job guarding k
Joker. Really bothered him, turned him over. Wolves down 1 with 5 to play and they put Anderson in for Luka...joker scored 11 straight points. He was freed up without Luka in his face.
Anderson is not a 5.
Luka had 12 pts with 2 from arc.
He can play in this league.

Great game.... Ant had a clean look to tie it at the buzzer...clank.

Luka played a lot of minutes.
Wolves fell down by 18 but battled back to take lead.
I only saw the 4th qtr but analyst cited Lukas energy as spurring the comeback.
He played the first 7-8 minutes of 4th. He did a great job guarding k
Joker. Really bothered him, turned him over. Wolves down 1 with 5 to play and they put Anderson in for Luka...joker scored 11 straight points. He was freed up without Luka in his face.
Anderson is not a 5.
Luka had 12 pts with 2 from arc.
He can play in this league.

Yeah his +/- was pretty decent and only one foul.

The Wolves (47-22) fall at home to the Nuggets (48-21), 115-112. The Wolves drop to the #3 seed in the West and trail #1 seed Oklahoma City by just one game. Denver climbed to the #2 seed in the West and are just percentage points behind OKC.

Luka's stats:

22 minutes (of 48 possible)

2-8 (25%) from 3
2-3 (67%) from 3
4-11 (36%) overall shooting

1-2 (50%) FTs

11 Points
6 Rebounds (3 Offensive)
2 Steals

1 Block

0 Turnovers
1 Foul

Top 3 Teams in the Western Conference:

TEAMWLPCTGBSTRK
Oklahoma City4720.701-W2
Denver4821.696-W1
Minnesota4722.6811L1

Last edited:
They were talking about Garza on KFAN this morning in the twin cities (marl Rosen specifically), raving about his effort in joker last night. They commented that he started a little timid but left it all on the floor by the end of the game.

Reactions: Franisdaman
The Wolves head coach stated in a press conference this season that Luka is an NBA player.

Luka just needs to find the right team/fit.
The Wolves head coach stated in a press conference this season that Luka is an NBA player.

Luka just needs to find the right team/fit.
Obviously Minnesota isn’t it. He’s sitting behind too many big men. Hopefully he can find that team that will use him 15-20 minutes a game.

They were talking about Garza on KFAN this morning in the twin cities (marl Rosen specifically), raving about his effort in joker last night. They commented that he started a little timid but left it all on the floor by the end of the game.
Absolutely true. When wolves were rallying Lukas defense on joker was key.
Luka is not a speedy guy but his total effort allowed him to get back in time. He puts his head down and sprints.
Joker is naturally faster than Luka even with ball but Luka stayed with him.
I believe Luka will be in the NBA for years due to his sheer will.
Am glad that Owen Freeman is going to the Frank Garza training camp this summer.
Luka was mentored by Gobert last summer and is going to pay it forward.
Luka makes me proud that he is a Hawkeye and I know he will never forget it.

he puts up stats in very few minutes, that's for sure.'

In a 3 point loss, too bad he didn't hit 1 or 2 more threes.

Last night:

22 minutes (of 48 possible)

2-8 (25%) from 3
2-3 (67%) from 3
4-11 (36%) overall shooting

1-2 (50%) FTs

11 Points
6 Rebounds (3 Offensive)
2 Steals

1 Block

0 Turnovers
1 Foul

Reactions: BirdistheWord
Luka is not a speedy guy but his total effort allowed him to get back in time. He puts his head down and sprints.
Am glad that Owen Freeman is going to the Frank Garza training camp this summer.

Luckily the Joker is not speedy, either ;)

Reactions: BirdistheWord
Yeah I was just tearing him down a bit the other night but I thought he did really good on the joker last night.
He was harassing him and as someone mentioned earlier, once slow mo The ent back in joker was knocking down 3’s to extend Denver’s lead.
You could tell he wasn’t used to playing that many minutes bringing that level of intensity which I believe led to him missing some open looks.
I do think even with a deep front court the wolves have he could get some good pt against players that are a bit slower like joker. He’s just not quick enough against some of the faster/quicker bigs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT