ADVERTISEMENT

Mizz gets another transfer...

Butler will be a top 5 or so 174 pounder. Leeth will be a good one also but Assad won't ever be anyone Iowa has to worry about I hope. Missouri has never been given a second thought in my opinion before last year but after the dual in Carver and Askren running his mouth I sure don't like them much.

Yeah I don't like them either. They had a good dual team last year and a few of their knucklehead fans ran their mouth on this board too much for my liking. Not to mention Askren taking shots at Iowa guys every chance he gets.

Like them or not they are going to be good. They had a huge recruiting class, bringing in 15 new bodies into the room. Reminiscent of what Iowa did this off season. Notwithstanding Leeth, Butler and Assad who are all good college ready starters, they got some good high school recruits in #34 Jaydin Clayton MO, #52 Will Roark MO #61 Dylan Wisman VA and Luke Fortuna IL(from Turk's HS) has wins over two future Hawks Cole Ereckson and Jacob Woodard.

Missouri isn't going anywhere and although I don't see them winning a National title anytime soon, they've proven to be handful in a dual meet.

well good for them . you don't expect everyone to quit trying. time to step up our game.

Leeth is awfully short to be a 149. I'll be surprised if he has a ton of success. Think he's better suited at 141. Just my opinion.

Down at MU camp with some wrestlers right now. Coach Smith is impressive guy. Very genuine. How did we loose Miklus?

Its actually you're fault catcoach. Willie saw that you've only posted 275 times in 14 years and figured Iowa wasn't for him :DJK. I think Iowa was content with Brooks and Meyer and probably didn't recruit him as hard as Mizzou did. I've always liked Miklus' game though.

Ha I like reading the comments more than typing them. Plus living in MO I don't get much Iowa info. I think Brooks is good, I was just wondering if we really tried to get him. He is down here showing tech and working with Jayden Cox and u can just tell he gets it. Seems like a great kid. Not a knock on Iowa more of a pat on the back for Miklus.

When I say him I mean Miklus. If I remember he wrestled 220 in HS did anyone see him going to 184? He is a big kid.
They are really high on Anderson they got from SEPolk this year. Is he gonna be good? They think he will be a HWT stud.

Mizzou has a good thing going and they're going to be good for a long time coming. They have had great success developing their talent and have made some strides in the recruiting department as well. They've become a bit of a pseudo-rival of the hawks after beating us in back-to-back dual meets.

when they were big 8 mizz was my team to root for out of that conference( have family in Missouri).when the switched to sec and became competitive with those schools in football right away I have cooled on them quite abit. I have always considered the sec a bunch of cheaters so to compete with them;;; 1+1

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT