ADVERTISEMENT

More trouble in Gopherville...

MitchLL

HR Legend
Dec 26, 2018
Just had their DC resign and take a position at MSU. Having that happen just a couple days before the first Signing Day is gonna hurt.
Next question is how many defensive recruits they lose.
Been a REALLY rough year up North.
Guess the list of players and coaches getting sick of the Fleckster's schtick just keeps growing.

Ya just hate to see it!

So how exactly did Minnesota get picked over Nebraska to fill a bowl berth? I guarantee Nebraska would put more butts in seats since they're postseason-starved...

And don't tell me APR. That's the dumbest metric to use to determine bowl eligibility. It's all about eyeballs on the screen and butts in seats, and Nebraska has Minny licked in that department.

So how exactly did Minnesota get picked over Nebraska to fill a bowl berth? I guarantee Nebraska would put more butts in seats since they're postseason-starved...

And don't tell me APR. That's the dumbest metric to use to determine bowl eligibility. It's all about eyeballs on the screen and butts in seats, and Nebraska has Minny licked in that department.

Well….it is APR

Well….it is APR
They need to stop that nonsense.

I know some people are all about "moar foosball" but most football fans have zero interest in watching the Belfast Bruisers take on Southwest Saskatchewan Wampuses in Podunk, Nevada on December 19th? There'd be like 4000 people in the seats at best, and not much more than 100K people watching the game on TV.

The amount of viewers and ad revenue generated by second and third-tier bowls is but a small percentage of what's generated by playoff and NY6 games. That said, I do think a P5/G5 split is practically inevitable, and the postseason format will be completely overhauled once that happens. Even if the G5 gets like 5-10% of the ratings and revenue that the P5 gets, every postseason game would at least matter.

Minnesota is ELITE.

Fleck said so.

But dredging the Mississippi River in the TCs for PJ's canoe won't be an easy task.

Who Hates Iowa

Reactions: shudaddy

Odd post. “How did it happen” followed by “I know how it happened and it’s dumb”.

images

images

images

Fleck turns over half his staff every year! Last year his OC left for Rutgers. They make lateral moves which is telling.

The OC that left reportedly got a $500,000 raise in pay so not a bad lateral move. Sounds like the DC will leave for a similar bump. I think what we are finding is that coaches are going for the bag just like the players now.

I know some people are all about "moar foosball" but most football fans have zero interest in watching the Belfast Bruisers take on Southwest Saskatchewan Wampuses in Podunk, Nevada on December 19th? There'd be like 4000 people in the seats at best, and not much more than 100K people watching the game on TV.

The amount of viewers and ad revenue generated by second and third-tier bowls is but a small percentage of what's generated by playoff and NY6 games. That said, I do think a P5/G5 split is practically inevitable, and the postseason format will be completely overhauled once that happens. Even if the G5 gets like 5-10% of the ratings and revenue that the P5 gets, every postseason game would at least matter.
Uh, why do they need to STOP using APR? It's the ONE THING left in CF based on academics.

You are not required to go to the game or watch.

You don't like APR? How about whichever team beats Iowa gets to go?

The OC that left reportedly got a $500,000 raise in pay so not a bad lateral move. Sounds like the DC will leave for a similar bump. I think what we are finding is that coaches are going for the bag just like the players now.
I promise Phil Parker could leave tomorrow for another program (God I hope not!) and get a big pay raise. I think the massive turnover Fleck has with his staff probably has more to do with his narcissism!

Reactions: MitchLL

Ok. Let's not look at APR. Let's look at head to head. Or would you rather go to record against ranked opponents?😁

FGBR

Reactions: WestIAHawk

“Most” doesn’t appear accurate…I watch as many as I can and I’m not a fanatic like I used to be.

Although the correct answer is indeed APR, Minny did beat them on the field. That gives you a traditional tie-breaker.

And any coach that requires his players to stand up and clap when he enters the room each and every time is just a tad bit narcissistic.
Back a few years when Fleck was at Western Michigan, they came to Iowa for a game. They stayed at the Marriott in Coralville. My son worked there.

The staff at the Marriott was instructed to say something stupid like, "It's a great day to be a Bronco!", every time they saw a player or coach.

:rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: h-hawk
Just had their DC resign and take a position at MSU. Having that happen just a couple days before the first Signing Day is gonna hurt.
Guess the list of players and coaches getting sick of the Fleckster's schtick just keeps growing.

Ya just hate to see it!
I hate the goofer trash more than a case of crabs, but the highlight of their REALLY rough year was their trip to Kinnick. :mad:

Their game against Nebraska was 1 of the games the officials took the win away. Iowa (1) and Nebraska (2) both were screwed from wins due to horrible officiating. How it doesn't happen to Fleck is crazy. He is going to struggle in the NIL era.

Reactions: MitchLL
Back a few years when Fleck was at Western Michigan, they came to Iowa for a game. They stayed at the Marriott in Coralville. My son worked there.

The staff at the Marriott was instructed to say something stupid like, "It's a great day to be a Bronco!", every time they saw a player or coach.

:rolleyes:
Only the Peej! He’s such a douche.

Ya just hate to see it!

Nonsense! Things are going so well up in gopherville that Minnesota is about to make history. They are about to become the only 4-8 team to ever play in a bowl game!

They will probably remain the only one for the rest of college football history.

That's elite.

Their game against Nebraska was 1 of the games the officials took the win away. Iowa (1) and Nebraska (2) both were screwed from wins due to horrible officiating. How it doesn't happen to Fleck is crazy. He is going to struggle in the NIL era.
Fleck will use the lack of NIL funding as an excuse for their continuing decline of on the field results.
The problems there appear WAY deeper than just one thing.
The way he burns thru Coordinators isn't some one time thing.
He must be a Grade A asshole.

Reactions: TCity Hawk
Fleck will use the lack of NIL funding as an excuse for their continuing decline of on the field results.
The problems there appear WAY deeper than just one thing.
The way he burns thru Coordinators isn't some one time thing.
He is a Grade A asshole.
FIFY

All Nebraska had to do was beat Minnesota and they would be in a bowl game. Wow, proud Nebraska fans begging for table scraps in the bowl season. Beyond pathetic.

Reactions: nwhawkincr
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT