ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Championship Thread : Session III

Vallholl

HR Legend
Feb 2, 2013
SECOND ROUND RESULTS
125 – #1 Spencer Lee (UI) tech fall #16 Jack Medley (MICH), 16-0 (2:30)
141 – #1 Real Woods (UI) dec. #17 Dylan D’Emilio (OSU), 7-5
149 – #8 Max Murin (UI) dec. #9 Jaden Abas (STAN), 3-1
165 – #11 Cameron Amine (MICH) dec. #6 Patrick Kennedy (UI), 3-2
174 – #11 Nelson Brands (UI) dec. #6 Ethan Smith (OSU), 3-1
184 – #5 Marcus Coleman (ISU) dec. #12 Abe Assad (UI), 2-1 (TB1)
197 – #3 Rocky Elam (MIZZ) dec. #14 Jacob Warner (UI), 6-2
285- #4 Tony Cassioppi (UI) major dec. #13 Tyrell Gordon (UNI), 9-0

CONSOLATION RESULTS
133 – #23 Brody Teske (UI) dec. #26 Connor Brown (MIZZ), 11-5
157 – #14 Cobe Siebrecht (UI) major dec. #30 Jared Hill (OU), 10-2

QUARTERFINAL MATCHUPS
125 – #1 Spencer Lee (UI) vs. #8 Anthony Noto (LH)
141 – #1 Real Woods (UI) vs. #8 Allan Hart (MIZ)
149 – #9 Max Murin (UI) vs. #1 Yianni Diakomihalis (COR)
174 – #11 Nelson Brands (UI) vs. #3 Mekhi Lewis (VT)
285 – #4 Tony Cassioppi (UI) vs. #5 Cohlton Schultz (ASU)

CONSOLATION MATCHUPS
133 – #23 Brody Teske (UI) vs. #9 Micky Phillippi (PITT)
157 – #14 Cobe Siebrecht (UI) vs. #13 Trevor Chumbley (NW)
165 – #6 Patrick Kennedy (UI) vs. #28 Andrew Sparks (MINN)
184 – #12 Abe Assad (UI) vs. #11 Gavin Kane (UNC)
197 – #14 Jacob Warner (UI) vs. #20 Evan Bockman (UVU)

Woods seemed to tweak his left knee halfway thru the 3rd period in the opening round. Hopefully it was nothing, but he hasn't looked the same since. Makes me nervous for today for him.

?

No, it won’t, that ship sailed. Spencer is an amazing wrestler, but not the GOAT. And yes, I fully expect him to win this weekend.
It’s an opinion. He’s welcome to have it. People don’t have to agree on who they think is the best.

I know discussing who’s better is a time honored sports tradition, but it’s a pointless one, as nearly everything comes down to an opinion.

P.s. all he said was GOAT, and gave no context. Maybe he meant best 125 ever, or best Hawkeye ever. Two things that would be harder for you to shoot down. Maybe he meant most aesthetically pleasing to him. Something you definitely can’t argue since it’s subjective. Long story short, go back to your board and tell those “Iowa” fans they can stop defending this argument. It’s a waste of time. There opinion is no more valuable than someone else’s.

For the record I stand with Barry Sanders. Michael Jordan, and yes Spencer Lee.

It’s an opinion. He’s welcome to have it. People don’t have to agree on who they think is the best.

I know discussing who’s better is a time honored sports tradition, but it’s a pointless one, as nearly everything comes down to an opinion.

P.s. all he said was GOAT, and gave no context. Maybe he meant best 125 ever, or best Hawkeye ever. Two things that would be harder for you to shoot down. Maybe he meant most aesthetically pleasing to him. Something you definitely can’t argue since it’s subjective. Long story short, go back to your board and tell those “Iowa” fans they can stop defending this argument. It’s a waste of time. There opinion is no more valuable than someone else’s.

It's so much easier when you have the idiots on ignore.

?

No, it won’t, that ship sailed. Spencer is an amazing wrestler, but not the GOAT. And yes, I fully expect him to win this weekend.
When this tournament is over, he will have a VERY strong argument for it actually, based simply on his NCAA Tournament performances. Because, to be clear, over the past decade or so, guys like even your Holy Carl have made it VERY CLEAR that ONLY the NCAA Tournamant matters...

Limited matches, no National Duals, a ton of selective "ducking", the regular season DOES NOT matter anymore. You can try to use a fall against Piccininni to discredit him, even though he beat him several times and one of those was 11-4 when it actually MATTERED that year.

Simply put, WHEN IT MATTERS MOST, Lee hasn't had ONE, NOT ONE, close match. Now, is he the GOAT? That still resides with Cael, but he has a much better argument than a trolling non-Iowa fan has against it!

Reactions: aije

Barry was great, but I'll go with Wally.....as a Chicago guy

Larry Bird

Reactions: HawkFan1986
When this tournament is over, he will have a VERY strong argument for it actually, based simply on his NCAA Tournament performances. Because, to be clear, over the past decade or so, guys like even your Holy Carl have made it VERY CLEAR that ONLY the NCAA Tournamant matters...

Limited matches, no National Duals, a ton of selective "ducking", the regular season DOES NOT matter anymore. You can try to use a fall against Piccininni to discredit him, even though he beat him several times and one of those was 11-4 when it actually MATTERED that year.

Simply put, WHEN IT MATTERS MOST, Lee hasn't had ONE, NOT ONE, close match. Now, is he the GOAT? That still resides with Cael, but he has a much better argument than a trolling non-Iowa fan has against it!

Neat!

If Spencer wrestled a Big 12 or EIWA schedule throughout his career, how many losses do you think he has? The man certainly has an argument for GOAT and if you can’t see that you’re a moran.

Reactions: T8KUDWN and Grip220
If Spencer wrestled a Big 12 or EIWA schedule throughout his career, how many losses do you think he has? The man certainly has an argument for GOAT and if you can’t see that you’re a moran.

Yada yada yada, if your aunt had balls she’d be your uncle, etc….

• Haha
Reactions: BIG10MANIAC
Yada yada yada, if your aunt had balls she’d be your uncle, etc….
Answer the question. Pretty funny considering the two you think are at top wrestled their entire careers in inferior conferences. If you don’t think that has n effect on the number of losses, again, you’re a moron

Answer the question. Pretty funny considering the two you think are at top wrestled their entire careers in inferior conferences. If you don’t think that has n effect on the number of losses, again, you’re a moron

You’re welcome.

Lol I thought you loved discussing wrestling!

Here’s another question, which of the four timers were as dominant as Spencer? Forty of his 97 wins have ended in the first period. Who else can say that in your group of goats?

Again, nobody is saying it’s a for sure thing, but to pretend he isn’t in the conversation is so f’n dumb and petty.

Edit to add that Spencer still has work to do!

Last edited:
Reactions: PAHURDLER
You are most welcome. Feel free to come to me whenever you need to be corrected. It will probably take up a lot of my time, but, it is the Christian thing to do, so I will make time!
You would think this dude would get tired of being made to look like an idiot but here he is, every single day lol.

Woods seemed to tweak his left knee halfway thru the 3rd period in the opening round. Hopefully it was nothing, but he hasn't looked the same since. Makes me nervous for today for him.
Way to be positive....no need for these types of posts!
Not trying to be negative. I have said since November that Real is your 141 champ. Just what I observed yesterday. I hope like hell he proves me wrong and looks fine today.

Reactions: bnicolls
You are most welcome. Feel free to come to me whenever you need to be corrected. It will probably take up a lot of my time, but, it is the Christian thing to do, so I will make time!

Oh this is awkward. Based on the syntax and capitalization I assumed I was responding to Ironbird. My “neat” was in reference in his ability to limit the post to 3 paragraphs.

Oh this is awkward. Based on the syntax and capitalization I assumed I was responding to Ironbird. My “neat” was in reference in his ability to limit the post to 3 paragraphs.
I often use capitalization for specific people. In this case it appears to have achieved the desired effect. Now, my syntax, was actually OUTSTANDING in that particular post. It showed AMAZING punctuation usage. My examples: Grammar, spelling, sentence structure, commas, quotation marks, punctuation and even the properly placed ... for added effect.

A level of mastery you will never achieve...much like Spencer Lee's GOAT status over any PSU wrestler! ;)

Edited to add: Oh, in this case, wouldn't it be best to make sure your syntax is spot on before posting? I am pretty sure you want to say "in reference to" vs. "in reference in"

I often use capitalization for specific people. In this case it appears to have achieved the desired effect. Now, my syntax, was actually OUTSTANDING in that particular post. It showed AMAZING punctuation usage. Grammar, spelling, sentence structure, commas, quotation marks, punctuation and even the properly placed ... for added effect.

A level of mastery you will never achieve...much like Spencer Lee's GOAT status over any PSU wrestler! ;)

No one’s desired effect should ever be “mistaken for Ironbird”
😉

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT