ADVERTISEMENT

*************NCAA Wrestling Championships Session 3*************

Case I H

All-Conference
Aug 21, 2018
Is this the round we separate ourselves from Penn State?
125: Lee will get front side bonus points. Howard may get a backside point.
133: Desanto has a tough match, but he has been looking good. RBY will win.
141: Eierman will get frontside points. Lee should aswell.
149: Murin will have a tough match. PSU has nobody here.
157: Young should pick up something on the backside. Berge should get beat.

At this point we have not separated ourselves yet...

165: Marinelli I think will win, as Griffith did not look great. PSU gets no points.
174: I see Kemerer getting bonus points here. Starocci has a tough match, and could lose, with his lack of offense.
184: Both schools get points, but PSU get them on the front side.
197: Both schools have toss-up matches.
HWT: PSU should lose, but we can win.

Final thoughts. We should extend a little, but not much.

yeah it will still be tight after this session. PSU 197 has a good path to AA, which is a huge win for them. Key matches today are Desanto and Warner. Those will be tough matches and if we win they will go a long way to overall championship. That doesn't mean we won't win if we drop those two, but we will be in a commanding position if they get to semis. Bonus points will be huge in every match possible.

Is this the round we separate ourselves from Penn State?
125: Lee will get front side bonus points. Howard may get a backside point.
133: Desanto has a tough match, but he has been looking good. RBY will win.
141: Eierman will get frontside points. Lee should aswell.
149: Murin will have a tough match. PSU has nobody here.
157: Young should pick up something on the backside. Berge should get beat.

At this point we have not separated ourselves yet...

165: Marinelli I think will win, as Griffith did not look great. PSU gets no points.
174: I see Kemerer getting bonus points here. Starocci has a tough match, and could lose, with his lack of offense.
184: Both schools get points, but PSU get them on the front side.
197: Both schools have toss-up matches.
HWT: PSU should lose, but we can win.

Final thoughts. We should extend a little, but not much.

Should Berge lose? I don't keep up much with Rider so don't know much about Delleveccia. Is he an overseeded non BIG wrestler or does he have legit wins. Berge has looked really good unfortunately

yeah it will still be tight after this session. PSU 197 has a good path to AA, which is a huge win for them. Key matches today are Desanto and Warner. Those will be tough matches and if we win they will go a long way to overall championship. That doesn't mean we won't win if we drop those two, but we will be in a commanding position if they get to semis. Bonus points will be huge in every match possible.
Both winnable matches for sure but not easy. Phillipi and Desanto are a contrast. Phillipi is good but I feel he gets credit for his upset win over Fix a few years ago at the dual.

I'd like Howard to bow out now but I think he gets one more W.

Reactions: meatloaf55
Should Berge lose? I don't keep up much with Rider so don't know much about Delleveccia. Is he an overseeded non BIG wrestler or does he have legit wins. Berge has looked really good unfortunately
He was 30-2 last year with losses to Quincy Monday and Hayden Hidley according to wrestlestat. He's good and stingy but I've been watching his matches yesterday as I have him in a pool and he wasn't super convincing. I think he beats berge 4-3.

Reactions: pml_dad
He was 30-2 last year with losses to Quincy Monday and Hayden Hidley according to wrestlestat. He's good and stingy but I've been watching his matches yesterday as I have him in a pool and he wasn't super convincing. I think he beats berge 4-3.

Thanks, I sure hope so. Seems like a match we'd be saying Kaleb could win. One thing I know for sure is Berge isn't adding any bonus points this tournament, he always gets an early takedown and rides out the 1 pt wins

Reactions: Exo
I assume the sessions today will all be split viewing with consolations and the semis will be the same tonight, correct? Or how does that work? I’m a noob.

Do I have this right for today's schedule?

10 am CT: Quarterfinals plus loser bracket matches on 8 mats

2 pm CT: Quarterfinals plus loser bracket matches on 8 mats

And then another session (semi’s and consolation) at 7pm ct. ESPN3 showing 8 mat feeds.

Reactions: Franisdaman
I’m really nervous about this morning. The Schroeder match makes me uneasy.
Not so much worried about Spence losing as I am him getting hurt (more). I know chips is going to have a stroke over that one but let’s be honest here. I don’t expect bonus but would be pleasantly surprised if Lee does bonus him. Lee will be tired in this one because schroder probably smells blood and this is his one shot at beating Lee with no legs. I know Spencer will leave it all out there. Hope he paces himself a bit. I’ll be happy with a W.

holy crap.. that sucks for Mehki. Anyone watching his last match know that shoulder is all messed up. anytime Navy went for a whizzer (have we established that spelling yet?) you could tell he was experiencing immense pain. good luck and hope he heals up

Well God bless them and Mekhi. He has a bright future, could be a world champ someday. Don't risk it. He is really hurt.
Ageed, it was difficult to watch and I am sure a difficult decision for Mehki and VT, glad they are looking big picture.

I can't tell you how awesome I find it that we have wrestling fans whom are passionate to the point where they are involved in "pools" for this event. Thank you.

Reactions: Exo and pml_dad
holy crap.. that sucks for Mehki. Anyone watching his last match know that shoulder is all messed up. anytime Navy went for a whizzer (have we established that spelling yet?) you could tell he was experiencing immense pain. good luck and hope he heals up
Some say he’s already working on getting him to reverse his decision.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT