ADVERTISEMENT

NCWWC brackets

So what you're saying is.....................Iowa is gonna win a National f***ing Championship!?!?!?!

200w.gif
Tough to choose which hawk to root for, but we need the point scorers to win tonight.

Last edited:
Iowa currently down 14 points and North Central can still score some at 191.

Down 17 before the finals. If North Central wins at 123 or 136 it might be too much.

Each finals match tonight is worth 4 points plus bonus, except for the two Iowa v Iowa finals. Emilie winning would gain us 4 but Sterling winning would net us 3.5. Similarly Felicity winning would get us 4 but Brianna would net us 2. So we are guaranteed 5.5 point at least already, and we have 5 other matches to gain the other 11.5

It'd be a shame to "lose" the tournament because you have two head to head finals that can't score bonus. But I won't count out bonus in any of our other finals either. Deede and Welker will know what they need to do before they wrestle if we need bonus points, and there isn't anyone else on the team I'd want with that responsibility.

Reactions: xjohnx
Each finals match tonight is worth 4 points plus bonus, except for the two Iowa v Iowa finals. Emilie winning would gain us 4 but Sterling winning would net us 3.5. Similarly Felicity winning would get us 4 but Brianna would net us 2. So we are guaranteed 5.5 point at least already, and we have 5 other matches to gain the other 11.5.

That's assuming they don't win at 123 or 136. We are definitely behind the 8 ball.

Each finals match tonight is worth 4 points plus bonus, except for the two Iowa v Iowa finals. Emilie winning would gain us 4 but Sterling winning would net us 3.5. Similarly Felicity winning would get us 4 but Brianna would net us 2. So we are guaranteed 5.5 point at least already, and we have 5 other matches to gain the other 11.5
Iowa can only score points if Emilie and Taylor win. Sterling and Brianna do nothing as far as points for the team.

Iowa can only score points if Emilie and Taylor win. Sterling and Brianna do nothing as far as points for the team.
If they win then their team points count for the team score. We don't declare scorers and non-scorers, it's just whoever scores the most points at the weight class that counts for points. Right now Emilie and Felicity have scored more so they currently count for the team score but that would change if they lose tonight

Wouldn't they award 4 team points to the winner and that person would be the higher scoring of the 2?

Reactions: sstark46
If they win then their team points count for the team score. We don't declare scorers and non-scorers, it's just whoever scores the most points at the weight class that counts for points. Right now Emilie and Felicity have scored more so they currently count for the team score but that would change if they lose tonight
Ah. Got ya. I thought they were declared. That's helpful.

Reactions: sstark46
I'm going to have to cheer for the combo that nets 8 total points.

Reactions: xjohnx
Ah. Got ya. I thought they were declared. That's helpful.
That's what I meant though above. If Emilie and Felicity win we gain the full 8 points. If Sterling and Brianna win we only net 5.5. so we're guaranteed at least 5.5 team points from those matches

The team scoring is way too complicated and unnecessary.

The system is broken if a team has 9 in the finals, wins 7 titles and still loses because certain points don't count.

Either have one team representative at each weight or take the top 10 scorers.
I'd like to see the top 10 scorers regardless of weight with this multiple entrant format.

Exactly.

Don't allow multiple entries if you're going to discredit two teammates finishing high in the same weight class.

If two athletes from the competition were in the finals without this rule, you guys would be the first to accuse someone of taking a dive to help with the team score.

If you’re going to allow multiple entries at the same weight this is a good rule. Everyone knows it going in. It’s fine.

If two athletes from the competition were in the finals without this rule, you guys would be the first to accuse someone of taking a dive to help with the team score.

If you’re going to allow multiple entries at the same weight this is a good rule. Everyone knows it going in. It’s fine.
What do you mean, "you guys?"

If NCC put 2 in the finals at the same weight I'd say the same thing: good for them, they deserve the points.

And no one at this level is taking a dive in the finals. Each and every competitor wants to win a title. What a dumb f*cking thing to say.

For whatever reason you just have to respond to me, you psycho. So as I said last time, please feel free to not share all your thoughts with me.

Reactions: MVPFAN and xjohnx
Foeller just shit the mat big time. That's going to make it real tough to come back.

And despite being a free broadcast, Flo is junk. This might be the worst audio commentary, quality wise, I've ever heard.

Nice win for Felicity.

Anyone know the current team scores and scenarios of who needs to win, etc? Flo has decided that isn’t a big story apparently.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT