ADVERTISEMENT

NCWWC brackets

Some really clutch wrestling from the semis on. Only lost a couple matches to other schools and they needed every win. Some unfortunate injuries to key people this year but battled tough and got it done. Congratulations!

Reactions: sdvike
I know this is a bigger wrestling forum

Got distracted and was posting at the other place

Biggest win of the night was Foeller in the semis

Just loving Chun match was Welker for the win….nothing like starting a job early to get a Welker

Biggest I owe an apology to is Ava…girl you are a national champion

Iowa did everything they could to win tonight.

NC women fell on the sword.

They had opportunities to put it away…and they lost matches they would win 3 out of 4…in like this endless stream.

Pressure maybe got to them.

Iowa had Felicity and Deede…national champs that will not be back based on eligibility.

We fill in those spots with Brianna and Mir. Think we are ok.

Oh and we have women that didn’t compete due to injury that would make anyone else in the nation scream for mercy. They will be back.

oh yea, Ava you really rock

I so missed that she was going to be a destroyer

Yesterday tells me we may have hit it out of the park with the Chun hire. The Hawks looked confident, aggressive, and very well-prepared to take care of business that final day.
It was just as nuts in there as a men's win. Not nearly as many people of course. Much less than I expected. I am a new supporter of freestyle for the men in college.
It was, but the crowd wasn’t bad either. Filled one side, had many up to the upper deck on the other, and the lower side sections with a number of fans in each one. I do like freestyle now, but I like how folkstyle is bringing in many of the rules. I still think passivity is a bit too subjective though.

Last edited:
It was just as nuts in there as a men's win. Not nearly as many people of course. Much less than I expected. I am a new supporter of freestyle for the men in college.
My wife came with me, and she had never watched freestyle before. I was explaining to her all the differences beforehand and she was getting frustrated because she thought it was weird to have a completely different style for the men vs the women to have to learn completely different rules for.

By yesterday night she told me that she greatly prefers freestyle to folkstyle, because in freestyle "they don't let you just sit around and do nothing, the refs make sure there is action all the time and there is way more scoring"

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT