ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska pbp/discussion

What to make of Hill v Nash. Is Nash that bad or is Hill developing some real good skills? And can Hill make 97 next year?
Hill is not making 197. Nash was an excellent highschool wrestler but he has not wrestled at all for a couple years and has 1 match vs a bad heavyweight from Wyoming. I wouldn't make too much of the match.

Reactions: praguehawk
That's not the point.

Calling him a "fat ass" is absolutely uncalled for and disrespectful. We shouldn't be body shaming anyone and you shouldn't be defending his comment.
It's Big Ten D1 wrestling. This is not a morbidly obese kid in high school or some junior college. This is guy who will go on to make millions in Pro football. For all your good intentions, this previously-unbeaten polar bear doesn't need your protection.

Hutmacher goes down to essentially our 3rd stringer behind Keuter and shoulda been Cass. Teske just doesnt have it when the pressure is on, repeat of ISU meet where we needed him. How much longer can they call Glazier and Ayala wins upsets? The N. Dakota kids came through big. PK is sitting in a pretty good place at 74, by March he should for sure be looking at AA. Nebraska #5 pfft. The ref has no business in these meets if he cant be impartial.

Franek did a nice job against a guy who died of a coronary in the second period.

The guy I love is Glazier. That guy is going on the podium, he reminds me of your 97 pounder last year: Kid who some of you keep disrespecting and disregarding but represented the TRUE Iowa wrestler.

Rathjen has a huge heart

It's Big Ten D1 wrestling. This is not a morbidly obese kid in high school or some junior college. This is guy who will go on to make millions in Pro football. For all your good intentions, this previously-unbeaten polar bear doesn't need your protection.
Goalpost officially moved. Nobody said he needed our protection. Just immature and disrespectful as hell to call him a fat a$$. Hard working, 2-sport athlete, didn't see any disrepectful behavior from him. Deserves respect, not ridicule. Now Manning, he's a dumb a$$. 😉

And I thought Franek's win was huge but Glazier's was huuger.
Franek has not wowed me this year but that was a good match by him. Glazier showed some really nice ability to hit shots earlier in his career and then kind of disappeared behind Warner. Great win for Zach, Allred does not look like he same guy from last year. Not sure if it's weight cut or an injury issue.

Franek has not wowed me this year but that was a good match by him. Glazier showed some really nice ability to hit shots earlier in his career and then kind of disappeared behind Warner. Great win for Zach, Allred does not look like he same guy from last year. Not sure if it's weight cut or an injury issue.
He looked broken could be sick or injured or he couldn't handle the cold burn from the "Ice Man".

Reactions: moug and AFHawk86
Or that Glazier is a stud.

LOL Burgers and tots tonight I did not have time to prepare, most likely a nice pilsner to wash it down. be on the lookout for Mondays match I'm planning something special.
Leftover Chicken Parm and a little something from the back shelf called "Strawberry Rhubarb" by New Glarus as a post match celebratory thirst quencher.

Reactions: Grip220
Even 230 would have have been ok. What's he been doing all these months? Maybe working too hard.
They said he was up to 230 during football. It’s a lot of work to stay bigger than your body is naturally. Add in a couple weeks of wrestling practice not hard to believe he’s drop 10pounds in a hurry with all the cardio.

They said he was up to 230 during football. It’s a lot of work to stay bigger than your body is naturally. Add in a couple weeks of wrestling practice not hard to believe he’s drop 10pounds in a hurry with all the cardio.
It's all a question of body composition. If you are already pretty lean it is hard to drop weight. If you are fat you can cut pretty aggressively. Also if you bulk up and build muscle it is easier to return to your previous built state than the initial process of bulking.

The weight isn't hard at all for offessive kmlinemen to kose. Look at Gallery now. I had a friend that was a starting center at a different school and he said he would eat over 10k calories a day Lmost made him sick to carry the weight...by spring graduation he was down to 185 by just eating what he wanted

It's all a question of body composition. If you are already pretty lean it is hard to drop weight. If you are fat you can cut pretty aggressively. Also if you bulk up and build muscle it is easier to return to your previous built state than the initial process of bulking.
Well apparently it came off BK without much trouble

Jacob Warner lost to Allred 3-2 and beat him 1-0 last year. Glazier just majored him.
That’s incorrect. Warner beat him both times last year. Allred is terrible on bottom which is why he lost 1-0 to Warner and has been tilted up like crazy this year. In the dual last year Nebby only won 157 like 7-3 or something and 174 like 3-2.

What’s up with Teske? Wrestles with a little purpose at SS and then comes back and lays an egg tonight? He looked bad!! And by the way, Franek is the man!! Amazing comeback and ride out!

I'm just a Hawkeye homer, with limited wrestling knowledge. But that was an entertaining dual.

Ref pissed me off with the stall calls, but that only made victory that much sweeter.

Talking up the polar bear, with nothing said about Hill.... Then Hill taking him to deep water and finishing him off. BEAUTIFUL!
Polar bear was wide open mouth breathing after 1:30 in 1st. Hill/bramds gsme planned well. Do nothing but push pull for 6:30 and wait till bear falls over.

It’s been several years since Hut wrestled. 6 weeks in a college room after being off for a few years is not a great recipe for success.

Others have talked about the weight thing but in football he was consuming massive calories to keep weight on. Ending that, plus all the cardio from wrestling, and all the extra lbs he was carrying, it really isn’t hard to believe at all that he dropped upwards of 45 lbs in 6 weeks.

That said, both are true. If you haven’t observed Hill’s progress over the last year you’re not paying attention. Middle of the road HWT. Outside chance of being a national qualifier. 20 lbs and 2 years and he’s on the podium.
For what school? Keuter freshman

What’s up with Teske? Wrestles with a little purpose at SS and then comes back and lays an egg tonight? He looked bad!! And by the way, Franek is the man!! Amazing comeback and ride out!
Teske is maddening because he has demonstrated so many tools. He has a variety of shots. He can ride, has some turns, not a bad tank. It just feels like the sun of parts hasn't produced the results you would expect.

Reactions: Nashville_Hawkeye
Brands - Gambling
Abe - Gambling
Swafford - Gambling
Gabe - No mas Ocho quatro

YES, he's all we got!
Abe Assad5-10184 lbs.RS Jr.Carol Stream, Ill.Glenbard North
Mickey Griffith6-0184 lbs.Fr.Des Moines, IowaLincoln
Aidan McCain6-3184 lbs.Fr.Round Lake, Ill.Round Lake
Nelson Brands5-9174 lbs.Sr.Iowa City, IowaIowa City West
Brennan Swafford5-11174 lbs.RS Sr.Mediapolis, IowaMediapolisGraceland
Will Carano5-8165 lbs.RS Fr.Putnam Valley, N.Y.Putnam Valley