ADVERTISEMENT

*****Nebraska vs Iowa (W) Game Thread 🏆*****

They were doing a can can dance on the sidelines after making a 3 and appearing to have the game in hand late. I have no problem with celebrating but I thought that was a little over the top. But its all good, cause they got what they deserved in the end
MV5BMjE5MjQ1MDAwOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDM2MDAyMQ@@._V1_.jpg
they had clearly rehearsed it, but the timing was off

Reactions: VodkaSam
I only got to watch most of the second half and overtime but hell I thought the effort was pretty good… Losing does not equate to “bad effort”…

Mistakes, sure, poor decisions, yes, bad shots selection, yes, silly passes, yes, but the effort was all there!!!

You don’t come back from eight down with three minutes left after pretty much losing the whole damn game and win it in overtime….

I’m not trying to be a dick here, but some of you guys really should check your rhetoric before you just say crappy bullshit things….🤷‍♂️

Gid damn why don’t you just stfu. You have got to be the most sanctimonious annoying piece of shit I have ever come across. Shut up turd.

Embarrassing, really? Some of you guys probably shouldn’t watch sports. This bad Nebraska team probably played its way into a top 5 seed and is at worst the 4th best team in the league

Bad take.
Yeah, Nebraska has certainly improved/gotten hot since Iowa beat them by 19 earlier this season in Iowa City.

Amazing results after a stressful first 30 minutes or so. Kind of hate that the women’s B10 tournament is scheduled so far before ncaa tournament. 11 days off until their next game then?

First two games home to higher seed, are the rest of games at either Albany or Washington? It would be fun year to go to sweet 16
Nah, we could use the rest.....

I don’t understand why Nebraska has not won more games. They sure are a nightmare matchup for us. Gutty win by the Hawks. The last 3 minutes was good stuff.

Meh….they really have won a lot of games…🤷‍♂️

Correct. There is zero reason for anyone to run around and call out those of us that thought we were sunk. Why can’t people just enjoy the win.

Are they calling out the “sunk” or the presentation and adjectives that came with it?

Nebby HC choked near the end of game.

30 seconds on the clock at the end of regulation and you don't even get a legitimate shot off???

LOL

Good point. And they called 2 timeouts, too!

33 seconds left: CC made layup, game tied at 77
30 seconds left: Neb TIMEOUT
9 seconds left: Neb TIMEOUT

Bad, missed shot by Logan Nissley & the game went to OT tied 77-77

Reactions: millah_22
Nebby HC choked near the end of game.

30 seconds on the clock at the end of regulation and you don't even get a legitimate shot off???

LOL

Stuelke did an excellent job of hedging on the screen. Which helped cause a poor shot at the buzzer. Game at Nebraska she laid off and let the guard turn the corner on the go ahead 3. Same thing happened late in OT with o Grady when they hit a 3 to go up before Clark answered and bluder wisely called a timeout to get Stuelke back in.

Another bad decision was fouling after Clark’s steal. 40 sec and you could tell the husker coach didn’t want them to foul. Especially Clark.

Good point. And they called 2 timeouts, too!

33 seconds left: CC made layup, game tied at 77
30 seconds left: Neb TIMEOUT
9 seconds left: Neb TIMEOUT

Bad, missed shot by Logan Nissley & the game went to OT tied 77-77
I actually think we need to credit Iowa for good defense in the end game situations in the 4th and OT.

Nebraska was looking to run what was working for them and used their timeouts to advance the ball to save time and set up what they wanted to do.

Iowa just made the right adjustments, and then made the plays.

Also, for anyone out there that says Caitlin doesn't play defense, watch her on those possessions. She can lock down when needed.

They were doing a can can dance on the sidelines after making a 3 and appearing to have the game in hand late. I have no problem with celebrating but I thought that was a little over the top. But its all good, they got what they deserved in the end
MV5BMjE5MjQ1MDAwOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDM2MDAyMQ@@._V1_.jpg
FWIW I don’t think they thought the game was in hand. They hit a 3 to go up 2 at that point in OT with 3 mins left.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT