ADVERTISEMENT

*****Nebraska vs Iowa (W) Game Thread 🏆*****

I wandered out of the room during halftime of the OSU/Rutgers men's game, and they started discussing the women's game, and did Seth Davis just throw some shade at Clark? He said she was fatigued and, (my take), called her ineffective at the end. Then said the team carried her?
It seemed to fall flat with the other panelists.

I wandered out of the room during halftime of the OSU/Rutgers men's game, and they started discussing the women's game, and did Seth Davis just throw some shade at Clark? He said she was fatigued and, (my take), called her ineffective at the end. Then said the team carried her?
It seemed to fall flat with the other panelists.
I THINK the point he was trying to make is that Iowa is not JUST CC, but a complete team. I told no pic after the game that if we were JUST CC, Nebber is up 20+ at halftime and the game is over.

Gid damn why don’t you just stfu. You have got to be the most sanctimonious annoying piece of shit I have ever come across. Shut up turd.
Of course I sound like that you don’t like to hear what I have to say it’s still ****ing ignorant, so shut the **** up!!!

Good enough🤷‍♂️

My plan today was to watch a nice, fun, enjoyable, little romp and then ready myself for a stressful slugfest in Carver South. Hoping I got that backwards now.

This game will do more for us than the 30 point blowout I was counting on! What an effort, I am literally shocked. We came back and won that, and I honestly wouldn’t have been mad the way they played down the stretch to get it to overtime. I was pretty pleased with their effort, wow what a game…

Some of you guys, though, man, I don’t even know why you watch sports… The way you talk in the game thread it has to be just absolute pure torture

I've watched a lot of ncaaw basketball this season, and I'm not sure any team has gotten as hot shooting 3s as Michigan in the first quarter yesterday, and Nebraska yesterday/today....well, besides Iowa. It was an tidal wave to overcome, and really the flip-side of how Iowa takes over games.

Of course maybe that's just a feeling, and not how the stats actually bear things out. I wonder which teams have gotten that hot throughout the season and tourneys.

* (I know both Martin and Clark hit "make or lose" daggers when it counted most.)

This game will do more for us than the 30 point blowout I was counting on! What an effort, I am literally shocked. We came back and won that, and I honestly wouldn’t have been mad the way they played down the stretch to get it to overtime. I was pretty pleased with their effort, wow what a game…

Some of you guys, though, man, I don’t even know why you watch sports… The way you talk in the game thread it has to be just absolute pure torture
Its just that people act like the other team doesn't have anything to say on where the ball goes when you only have 5 seconds to inbound the ball. For the record Nebraska played a HELL of a game, and CC literally had to put her cape on in the second half to bring this one home.....

CC is so incredible; the greatest woman player I have ever seen

(a certain large so called female for a certain team does not count)

I only got to watch most of the second half and overtime but hell I thought the effort was pretty good… Losing does not equate to “bad effort”…

Mistakes, sure, poor decisions, yes, bad shots selection, yes, silly passes, yes, but the effort was all there!!!

You don’t come back from eight down with three minutes left after pretty much losing the whole damn game and win it in overtime….

I’m not trying to be a dick here, but some of you guys really should check your rhetoric before you just say crappy bullshit things….🤷‍♂️
Animated GIF

I only got to watch most of the second half and overtime but hell I thought the effort was pretty good… Losing does not equate to “bad effort”…

Mistakes, sure, poor decisions, yes, bad shots selection, yes, silly passes, yes, but the effort was all there!!!

You don’t come back from eight down with three minutes left after pretty much losing the whole damn game and win it in overtime….

I’m not trying to be a dick here, but some of you guys really should check your rhetoric before you just say crappy bullshit things….
You said you didn’t watch the first half, the effort was poor in the first half. Bluder even said so. Iowa was getting out hustled bad in the first half by Nebby. Different story in the 2nd half. They came out in the 3rd quarter and played much better defense and turned it up a notch.

lol. You just can’t resist, can you? Seriously, if you are so miserable in these game threads, why do you keep coming back?

Yeah….good point,the coach of a 28-4 team routinely causes me grief…😳

Pick a new hobby !
Willie’s politics suck but he has followed girls/women’s basketball a lot more than you have. He’s been posting about it for as long as I can remember on here.

I’m not trying to be a dick here, but some of you guys really should check your rhetoric before you just say crappy bullshit things….🤷‍♂️
If you had seen the first half…Iowa came out very flat. However, the sign of a good team to turn it on in 2nd half.

Reactions: cmhawks99
I actually think we need to credit Iowa for good defense in the end game situations in the 4th and OT.

Nebraska was looking to run what was working for them and used their timeouts to advance the ball to save time and set up what they wanted to do.

Iowa just made the right adjustments, and then made the plays.

Also, for anyone out there that says Caitlin doesn't play defense, watch her on those possessions. She can lock down when needed.
Absolutely. She has to pick her spots because she's too valuable on offense to be in foul trouble, BUT she can get a stop, reject a shot, or get a steal when needed...

lol. You just can’t resist, can you? Seriously, if you are so miserable in these game threads, why do you keep coming back?

You know the answer. AnyWho, moving onto more basketball. I’ve decided I’m going to have to rethink this missed layup. I started thinking about Hannah these misses?

Someone said earlier she is getting absolute mugged in there. It has to begin affecting you at some point in time.

It really is an epidemic across the nation. I watch a lot of big 12 basketball and Iowa State in particular and sometimes they miss so many layups. It makes my eyes bleed. I think it just has to do with the physical wear and tear and the mental toll on your body throughout a 40 minute slugfest !!

I mean she is shooting 65% from the field or close to it… Maybe making layups is tougher than us fat old men think. Especially when you’re getting your hand smacked your arms scratched your pants, pulled on your legs taken out from under you… just saying🤷‍♂️

Gutsy win by the women, came roaring back some in the 2nd but won the 2nd half and OT.

I
Certainly not out of line to think Iowa was sunk for a little bit.

Screenshot-20240310-135504.png
Isn't it time we dumped these ridiculous charts. They're meaningless.

Leave it to Bullhusk to reinforce the Husker fan douchery.

Like some others, I was having my doubts when we were down 7 and 2 or so minutes left. But I remember (I think correctly) that in some games we have scored 10 points in a minute. So I figured odds weren't good, but we certainly had a chance.

I

Isn't it time we dumped these ridiculous charts. They're meaningless.

Leave it to Bullhusk to reinforce the Husker fan douchery.
sure, they're meaningless but often pretty accurate. they had a lot of moments in the last 2 minutes to put it away. Most of the time if you're at 99.9% that late in the game, it's gonna happen for you.

Willie’s politics suck but he has followed girls/women’s basketball a lot more than you have. He’s been posting about it for as long as I can remember on here.

Meh….I guess I’ll just stick with the coach we have….🤷‍♂️ I think we’re good😎

You said you didn’t watch the first half, the effort was poor in the first half. Bluder even said so. Iowa was getting out hustled bad in the first half by Nebby. Different story in the 2nd half. They came out in the 3rd quarter and played much better defense and turned it up a notch.

No I did not, you’re correct and I’ll agree poor effort is just that. I didn’t have enough context to really say about how they looked in the first half and you are correct in pointing that out.

Reactions: Chuck C
Hmmm, maybe she's the only one they left open, (for a reason) and we're out of timeouts and only have under 5 seconds to get the ball in. Duh... Seriously posters who act like we're not playing against another team, and they have a gameplan as well. Crazy.....

Yeah, I don’t get it…it’s just an angry petulant, I’m mad and I want to say mean things, look…🤪

Then they pop around and say…”Every thread…😂😂, you guys do this every thread….🥺

I’m thinking… “are you ****ing serious” there’s someone like you in every thread acting like a ****ing child…🤷‍♂️ and making it hard to not want to jump off the bridge when your done reading….!

There’s the rub…🤷‍♂️

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT