ADVERTISEMENT

New OC?

Stupid article title indeed but there is smoke. Not the sexiest hire, but seems like he’d be solid.

8drh1z.jpg

Stupid article title indeed but there is smoke. Not the sexiest hire, but seems like he’d be solid.

Yeah, it may not be true ... yet.

But if it is true, I'd be very excited about this hire. Many years of experience as an OC, but still pretty young by coaching standards at 48. Successful wherever he has coached, including the B1G, ACC and Big 12.

Fingers crossed.

But if it is true, I'd be very excited about this hire. Many years of experience as an OC, but still pretty young by coaching standards at 48. Successful wherever he has coached, including the B1G, ACC and Big 12.

Fingers crossed.
I totally agree, I don't know how anyone on this board wouldn't consider Kevin Johns as a significant upgrade from Brian. Has been a OC/QB coach for ten plus years and has WR coaching experience. Worked under some really good ogfensive minds. Cade has to be excited about this hire, the Deac. not so much. Good fit for our younger athletic QB's.

I totally agree, I don't know how anyone on this board wouldn't consider Kevin Johns as a significant upgrade from Brian. Has been a OC/QB coach for ten plus years and has WR coaching experience. Worked under some really good ogfensive minds. Cade has to be excited about this hire, the Deac. not so much. Good fit for our younger athletic QB's.
He sounds more flexible than any of the other OC candidates mentioned or wished for so far. Come on Kirk.

Reactions: HawkeyeinOhio
I'm curious, why do folk get upset about a new thread even if there are five or six just like it only they are old and hundreds of entries long? Wouldn't you rather have a new one with just the latest info (if any) and not waste your time with 9 or 10 pages of insults, gifs, and dumbassery?

Yes. Frans threads are awful. And the worst part is, he bumps them himself a lot of times. I wish the mods would delete his threads after so long.

I'm curious, why do folk get upset about a new thread even if there are five or six just like it only they are old and hundreds of entries long? Wouldn't you rather have a new one with just the latest info (if any) and not waste your time with 9 or 10 pages of insults, gifs, and dumbassery?
I appreciate new threads containing new information on an existing topic, such as an announcement.

I do not appreciate new threads that offer nothing new on the existing topic, such as links to articles of speculation or an opinion thread the OP feels is too special to be buried in current ongoing discussion.

I appreciate new threads containing new information on an existing topic, such as an announcement.

I do not appreciate new threads that offer nothing new on the existing topic, such as links to articles of speculation or an opinion thread the OP feels is too special to be buried in current ongoing discussion.
If you are someone who checks the board 10 or 12 times a day or more, it can be handy to have everything in a single thread, as it’s not hard to keep up with the conversation.

For people who check the boards less frequently, it’s much easier to have new information in a new thread, as it’s otherwise impossible to sift through 5 or 6 or 50 pages to find the new info.

TBH, I’ve been on both sides of this.

Yes

hmm, i must be doing it wrong... i think the insults, gifs and dumbassery are the best parts. most entertaining anyway.

Fingers crossed.
What kind of offense did he run at Duke? Similar to the Zion’s way with better results?

Maybe Proctor knew something no one else did. ;)

Let's hope Kirk gives them autonomy. Especially with the QB's. Lol

Let's hope Kirk gives them autonomy. Especially with the QB's. Lol
sorry, but you would probably have to define the word "autonomy" to Coach Ferentz and then give five examples (preferably examples that are on point;i.e., how to NOT micromanage your coaches.) for him to understand the concept of autonomy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT