ADVERTISEMENT

Nick Suriano

I couldn't imagine going back to PSU after all of this.

Why not go to Viriginia Tech or Lehigh? Both have better lightweights than Rutgers and he can go next year if he wants. I'm really surprised VT hasn't become a player in this with Molinaro there.
It sounds like the rumors that Nicks father was behind all of this are true, and his father wanted him at RU only, but it sounds like maybe Nick is pushing back and dosnt want to lose a year.

You are assuming Nick did not want to continue wrestling at Penn State. Your assumption would be incorrect.

I was not assuming anything I was only saying what the RU fan had posted. So take the problem up with him..

It sounds like the rumors that Nicks father was behind all of this are true, and his father wanted him at RU only, but it sounds like maybe Nick is pushing back and dosnt want to lose a year.
It's sounding like he very well may be back at PSU this upcoming season

Reactions: lionlover
I think if you separate Nick from his father you'll get a better picture of the dynamics of the situation.

Interesting sentiment from the people at Penn State....

Regardless, I do enjoy that they are willing to tell us "they know the situation better than we do" but also feel comfortable telling us they and Cael know the situation better than Suriano's own father.

Regardless, I do enjoy that they are willing to tell us "they know the situation better than we do" but also feel comfortable telling us they and Cael know the situation better than Suriano's own father.
Not at all. It goes without saying that the wrestler may have different needs and desires than the father/mother. That happens every day in every household that has a teenager and/or young adult. If there is a difference in opinion, then when crunch time comes, things may change when one side exerts or re-exerts control. It is no different here.

Reactions: lionlover
Not at all. It goes without saying that the wrestler may have different needs and desires than the father/mother. That happens every day in every household that has a teenager and/or young adult. If there is a difference in opinion, then when crunch time comes, things may change when one side exerts or re-exerts control. It is no different here.

good God

OR (and wait for this, because it may blow your mind) the father of the student-athlete involved here may know what's better for his son than Cael Sanderson, and all of your information is coming from biased sources who are pro-Penn State. And maybe now the kid is being forced to stay somewhere he doesn't want to be because he doesn't want to lose one of the precious few years of eligibility he has remaining.

OR (and wait for this, because it may blow your mind) the father of the student-athlete involved here may know what's better for his son than Cael Sanderson, and all of your information is coming from biased sources who are pro-Penn State. And maybe now the kid is being forced to stay somewhere he doesn't want to be because he doesn't want to lose one of the precious few years of eligibility he has remaining.

OR.... Cael knows that Suriano will have more f*** at PSU

Certainly. Nothing I said precludes your scenario being true as well.

Reactions: el dub

Don't you blaspheme in here. There is only one knowing body of what is just and right in this world and it is the P$U fan base. How dare someone imply that all is not sunshine and rainbows. The hijinks this summer was just a troll effort, nothing of substance.

Reactions: DirkTang1
Teasdale, Suriano and RBY enjoying their time together at PSU.

55aWJuYTrnpP1W2rU5x_nc9RX3x3UpIS_h264_3800_640x360_131630659917.jpg

Someone in the PSU thread said that it was Nicks parents visiting with the AD of Penn State today with no Nick. This is just what I read and have no information to back it up

Based on your post, I'll tell you what I'm assuming now. It came down to money.

Let me spit-ball a slush fund conspiracy theory here: wrestlers are promised money based on their finish. Nick was in line for some cash but got injured. He wants his money to show what he was before the injury.
And of course this works now that Downey is coming to IOWA. Carl knows Tom is going all in and can't have a hole is his lineup. So, he came back to the table and said yes.

I don't want to equivocate so...we don't know crap!!

Based on your post, I'll tell you what I'm assuming now. It came down to money.

Let me spit-ball a slush fund conspiracy theory here: wrestlers are promised money based on their finish. Nick was in line for some cash but got injured. He wants his money to show what he was before the injury.

That's honestly one of the better theories I've heard.

Reactions: Grip220
Great perspective. It plays well here.
Funny how there is so much smoke at ole JoePaState, but no one can seem to find the fire? lol Put some of that Hawkeye Crowd Fund money to better use. Get a down on his luck ex PSU wrestler to spill the beans. 20K goes a long way for a guy trying to pay rent. Then the rumors could be backed up with names and details. Stories are bought every day. Time for wrestling to get on the train. Could be a national story and of course--lots of clicks and views.

Funny how there is so much smoke at ole JoePaState, but no one can seem to find the fire? lol Put some of that Hawkeye Crowd Fund money to better use. Get a down on his luck ex PSU wrestler to spill the beans. 20K goes a long way for a guy trying to pay rent. Then the rumors could be backed up with names and details. Stories are bought every day. Time for wrestling to get on the train. Could be a national story and of course--lots of clicks and views.
LOL

Flo addressed that Suriano does not have anybody to work out with...Nico isn't in the room so he has to wrestle Zain for a tough look.

McDonough,Gilman,Clarke,Dennis,Lee, Dardanes,Delgado am I missing anyone enough said if he wants to train with the best room there is no comparison none not even remotely close Suriano would be crazy not to be atleast be thinking HWC is where he should be.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT