ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Iowa Vs Illinois Game Thread*****

It’s time to chew ass and kick bubblegum. And we’re all out of bubblegum.
giphy.gif

This is a really intriguing matchup. Illinois is playing like a championship-caliber team and Iowa has played their best basketball during the annual "Fran Fade."

This is a great test for Iowa to get a good feel for where they're at going into the tournament. My only prediction for this game is Iowa shoots better than 2-20 from distance. It'll be nice, as well, to play an actual basketball team instead of the Pissconsin-style hockey on the hardwood crap we endured last night.

Sounds like Raftery and somebody else (didn’t catch the name) calling the OSU Michigan game. Does this mean we are going to get Harlan? Absolutely stoked if so

Reactions: Hawksfor3
So who we gonna get for refs today? Super nervous about that.... Was really hoping to see both little larry scrotum and bo Boroski doing the early game so they're not assigned to the Iowa game....

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
In the Wisky post game interview, Fran, when asked about the Illinois game said he lost the game by playing too much zone. I think we might see more minutes for JT and Perkins this time around...

Agreed. Both have to play and maybe even Ulis at times too. This is going to be a physical and athletic test.

Does Michigan fall to a 2 seed now with the late season losses and Livers being out?

I don't think so, but if Iowa wins the BTT possibly. In that case, I think the one seeds are Gonzaga, Baylor, Illinois, and Iowa. It could go a lot of different ways still.

Reactions: Moral
Anyone have an actual tip time? Obviously the original isn't going to happen.

And why don't they just stretch these games out and say 3:00? The next game is always 20 minutes late on the same court.

I think every college basketball fan in the country is going to be watching this one. This is a great opportunity for Iowa to change the national perception of this Iowa team. People are still wondering if Iowa's improved D can hold up against the elite teams in the country. This a Final Four level test today.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT