ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Iowa vs Kentucky Music City Bowl Thread*****

Haven’t been on the football board much. Have people seriously been hating on Ragaini? Guy has been our leading WR 3 out of the past 4 seasons
They hate everybody/thing on this board.
Even themselves. We all are better players, coaches and FANs than anyone!!!!

75zokx.jpg

Yeah, I can see now why Labas and X didn't see any time on the field before today......
Jees, stop. X played in EVERY game this year. So Merriweather, a captain and all BIG player should not have played? Schulte was solid this year as well. Your really questioning the DB's coach who's had like 4 of the last 6 years one of his guys as DB of the year in the B1G over talents at OSU, Michigan, PSU etc? Your fricken delusional....

Reactions: oldhawk56
Jees, stop. X played in EVERY game this year. So Merriweather, a captain and all BIG player should not have played? Schulte was solid this year as well. Your really questioning the DB's coach who's had like 4 of the last 6 years one of his guys as DB of the year in the B1G over talents at OSU, Michigan, PSU etc? Your fricken delusional....
It was a joke.

And meant much more about Labas, but was right after X's Pick6.

You do realize that .... right?

It was a joke.

No, not really. There are probably 30 posts on here about X not playing enough. Watched him play on specials all year. He's a hell of an athlete, but in several games he's been tentative. Missed tackles on kick coverage numerous times. He's put in solid work the last several weeks and is settling in, but he was not ready to start over the other two safeties, or Castro who has earned his spot. As for Joey throws, he's looked solid, mostly because he didn't make the kind of mistakes that their guy did, which was the difference in the game. Critique his play honestly. They kept in simple, with screens and short passes for him to complete, and stay in a comfort zone. For the record he missed EVERY throw over 10 yards, except the outstanding catch by Nico. Several should have been fairly easy throws, (a couple possible TD's to Lachey) and he missed him both times. looked pretty similar to our other two QB's. You also have to remember that this was not #4 Iowa vs #3 PSU or Iowa vs OSU in the shoe. As much as we wanted to win, I don't think this game carried the kind of pressure that many of our games do. I'd say he played fine, in that he did what we needed him to do to win, and gained some valuable experience for next year should Cade get hurt. Other then that, I wouldn't get too carried away...

Last edited:
It was a joke.

Labas played the same role as all the Iowa QBs over the past 2 years with about the same success rate. One thing he did extremely well today was avoid turning it over, unlike his highly-touted counterpart. But he was off on many of his passes and was saved on a few by his teammates' efforts. He did seem to lock on to his primary receiver.

I am afraid that the Iowa QBs are not trained well to go through progressions. Seems like they make a pre-snap read and then live or die with it. That (and several things!) has to change for the Iowa offense to take a step forward.

Lots of consternation over an attempt at humor, following a mid-tier bowl win that capped off a so-so season.

Happy New Year.

league-pete.gif

Iowa 130 yards of total offense

😂😂😂

So Castro makes that sack and Gary Dolphin starts screaming and saying "south of the border" so what does that mean. I have never heard that to mean behind the LOS.

The N Carolina radio announcer just got fired for making a remark
It's time for Gary to move on. ... actually past time but he can't give up the gig he loves and no one will pull the plug.

Reactions: QChawks
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT