ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Iowa vs North Texas Game Thread ***

Tyler Wiegers is Biomedical Engineer major? He isn't going to transfer for football reasons. No wonder he didn't transfer last year after Stanley jumped him.

Reactions: HawkIDrummer
Good 2nd half adjustments on both sides of the ball. Kirk shows the programs class by taking a knee. I know some 1st year JH coaches probably are disappointed by that.

My conclusion from this game is our pass rush is really bad and and any team that has a decent QB is going to shred us.

I like Stanley. He's close on those Deep balls and will start hitting them. Meanwhile receiver talent with Hockensen, Fant, Easley, ISM, meerkat is well above average for Iowa. Kelly Martin also a stud.

My conclusion from this game is our pass rush is really bad and and any team that has a decent QB is going to shred us.

I like Stanley. He's close on those Deep balls and will start hitting them. Meanwhile receiver talent with Hockensen, Fant, Easley, ISM, meerkat is well above average for Iowa. Kelly Martin also a stud.

Weak pass rush with the defensive scheme spells disaster...especially when our LBs get isolated 1-1 and DBs that are letting guys get behind them way too often. Let's hope Parker's crew can get things figured out sooner rather than later.

If Stanley can find his touch on the deep balls, and be quicker to recognize blitz pressure and pocket collapse and react accordingly, he's solid. That last pass he threw to Hock was a fastball.

We have some talent at RB and WR. IKM and Young will be a nice 1-2 combo.

I'm going out on a limb here, but give the points and take Penn State next week. I hope the Hawks pull the upset, but PSU will be the best team we see this year.

No defensive line push, holes in the o line, pass defense a ?, and what's this thing called tackling that some teams do?

And now we go to the post game interview with our defense...

I think in the second half the D played great. NT was gifted 30 yards at the end of the first half on 2 very questionable calls that lead to one TD, and their RB had a hell of a run for the other. That's the kind of offense that gives us fits, and the Iowa D did fine. Iowa shut them down in the second half, and the offense hogged the ball and kept the Mean Green O on the sidelines. Not an A performance, but I'd give them a B given what a freakishly strange day it was in Kinnick.

I'm going out on a limb here, but give the points and take Penn State next week. I hope the Hawks pull the upset, but PSU will be the best team we see this year.

No defensive line push, holes in the o line, pass defense a ?, and what's this thing called tackling that some teams do?
What's the point spread?

Extremely premature....we got this. I'd bet on Iowa winning by double digits. We gave up two touchdowns and had horrible calls in the first half.

Extremely premature....we got this. I'd bet on Iowa winning by double digits. We gave up two touchdowns and had horrible calls in the first half.

I don't even need to see the spread... I'll take your bet now. Easy money. Penn St is clearly the top of the heap in the Big Ten...by a ways.

Yup, almost a lock, just like the Michigan game last year. I don't bet college football because you never know what team can do on a given Saturday.

I don't even need to see the spread... I'll take your bet now. Easy money. Penn St is clearly the top of the heap in the Big Ten...by a ways.
What are you talking about? What bet? You been drinking? How did You throw a Penn State bet into a comment made about the NTS game?

What are you talking about? What bet? You been drinking? How did You throw a Penn State bet into a comment made about the NTS game?

Nope. I misread your comment on the heels of another comment about next week... easy mistake when going through multiple posts in short order. My bad.

still... I'll take PSU next week, whatever the spread. They're damned impressive and we're making the same mistakes we made in week 1. I think this IOWA team can be really good...but they're not going to grow up enough in 6 days to beat this Penn St. team.

Reactions: CF_93
Agreed. If this game were in November, instead of September 23rd, Iowa might actually have a fighting chance. For a developmental team like Iowa, week 4 is entirely too early to be playing a team like PSU or OSU, or Michigan.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT