ADVERTISEMENT

*******Official NFL Draft Thread*******

Happy Draft Day fellars

gf2_1.jpg
She could eat a grapefruit in one bite. Or fellate a Clydesdale.

• Haha
Reactions: drew_hawk
I'd like to thank so many people.. Carolina for four all pros and the biggest heist in nfl history. The Chargers for getting rid of keenan and everett and then not replacing them with a receiver, allowing us to get rome. Atlanta for being shockingly inept. Special shot out to minnesota for wasting their next 4 years on christian ponder 2.0.. I give justin jefferson 7 weeks before wanting out. Also.. can't forget the Green Bay fans for their deep deep deep level of denial.
The Bears look scary good, but let’s not forget their coaching staff is pure garbage.

The Bears look scary good, but let’s not forget their coaching staff is pure garbage.
Most QB’s drafted end up being garbage.

Bears had it all figured out when they drafted..

Trubisky
Fields
McNown
Grossman

All first round garbage. I wouldn’t crown them yet. In 2-3,years we can look back at this draft and likely laugh at all the garbage QBs that were suppose to save the franchise.

Most QB’s drafted end up being garbage.

Bears had it all figured out when they drafted..

Trubisky
Fields
McNown
Grossman

All first round garbage. I wouldn’t crown them yet. In 2-3,years we can look back at this draft and likely laugh at all the garbage QBs that were suppose to save the franchise.
I think Fields is an average NFL QB at worst, and he can work with the right system.

Chicago was just a bad landing spot for him.

I think Fields is an average NFL QB at worst, and he can work with the right system.

Chicago was just a bad landing spot for him.
Not buying it. Robert Smith does analyst work on Fox NFL games. Smith did at least one Bear’s game and the TV crew meets with some players the week leading up.

Smith was on KFAN talking about his pregame meeting with Fields. Fields said he doesn’t like to get flooded with too much information about the opposing teams defense, he said he just wants to react.

Roflmao NFL QBs need to take advantage of every scrap on info and tape available to them. Robert Smith basically said his opinion of him as a QB dropped considerably.

Also, if we get to the end of Rd 2 and Cooper is still sitting there, one of the teams with a pick still available just needs to give it outright to the Vikings so they can draft DeJean.

Thanks for making that happen, NFL. :D

Reactions: TDJ7
Think the reason Penix went to Atlanta is they really wanted him. And were trying to trade down, but convinced themselves they would lose him somehow before any second round pick they would acquire or already have would be up.

Think the reason Penix went to Atlanta is they really wanted him. And were trying to trade down, but convinced themselves they would lose him somehow before any second round pick they would acquire or already have would be up.
True.

Denver, or Las Vegas for sure, would've taken him.

Peyton was high on McCarthy but the Vikings took care of that.

I think everyone was thrown for a loop because you'd have to think the Vikings would've tried to move up to 8 only to get McCarthy, but they chose, wisely in fact, to wait it out as they probably weren't expecting Atlanta to go QB anyways. 11 to 8 may have cost them their second 1st Rd pick, and at that point they were better off waiting.

If you look at it in a vacuum of "we're only looking to take a QB and how can we make this work", the Falcons couldn't afford to move back because of where 3 other QB needy teams were sitting with the potential to trade up.

I also can't fault them for drafting an insurance policy considering the fact that Kirk Cousins is coming off an Achilles tear injury.

Outside of that, in every other metric, it was an awful pick.............. :)

So, the Falcons' theory is that--with Cousins and playing in a crappy division--they will not be drafting higher than mid to late 20's for the next 4 years, where is very unlikely they will be able to find a quality replacement QB.

I did not know that FSU's Keon Coleman started at Michigan State, and played a few basketball games there.
That was a good slide down by the Bills to get him. They got a little more capital, and still got a good WR.

But why though after they drafted Mitchell?........

This actually pisses me off.

Because CeeDee Lamb and ever other team torched Darius Slay and James Bradshaw. Plus I see Coop as a Safety in the NFL, could slide into that Reed Blankenship role. Add punt returner and it's a home run.

I'm glad it pisses you off. We're Philly f'ing Philly. Noone likes us and we don't care.

@fredjr82 its really what we need too. Now we need to trade every other draft pick to the Ravens for their two LBs and we are set.

Looks like 2 great DBs. I told my buddy I wanted a LB at some point. Dean looks like a bust and Morrow can't tackle me. I think we need an OT and maybe an OG too

The Jets just drafted a WR. Did the GM have to run that past A A Ron?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT