ADVERTISEMENT

***** Official Northwestern vs Iowa game thread *****

Petras is the classic thrower rather than passer. Looks great in drills. Can make all the throws, just can’t complete passes to his receivers.

I'm really thankful that Fitz literally gave us two proper chances to win at the end because otherwise it might not have been crystal clear where to assign blame for our problems.

I liked the first 7 or so minutes. Those were the days.

tenor.gif

I still think Petras has the skills but he's shown enough that he's not going to lead us to wins. A Stanzi or CJB or (gasp) Stanley mindset is what we need, pretty throws are a distant second. Definitely time to try Padilla. Maybe KF will remember 2008.

Last edited:
There is no excuse for our offensive and defensive lines to be so bad. And they've been bad for a long, long time. If it's 2nd and 5 and we think we have to throw the ball three times to get a first down, there's a major problem with the o-line.

Stanley probably feels vindicated. Scoring points with a BF offense and BF/KF offensive line is tough.. You don't have a run game and you don't have good protection.
I would like KOK to come back. At least his prosets were elegant to watch.

True, but there wasn't much of a run game to abandon. The drive Petras through INT got into trouble when stretch play got blown up and it was 3rd and long. That was after two runs. If you have chitty blocking OL you aren't going to run on decent defense.
It was second and 1 close to field goal range. They run a stretch that loses 4 yards. Next play was the interception. Why on earth do you run that play there. Move the ball use clock and kick a field goal with little time left. Don't run a play that can lose 4 yards. A QB sneak would have been better. Terrible call!!!

I would like KOK to come back. At least his prosets were elegant to watch.

In my last year as a season ticket holder, I watched as one of the worst statistical QBs in college football took every single snap of a 4-8 campaign (5TDs/7 int +/-). KF has zero sense of how to install any excitement, in what should be an exciting game, with his mind-numbing coaching decisions and style. Petras will take all the snaps this year barring injury. Those lifetime contracts have allowed him to get ultra-comfortable with no sense of urgency. Thanks Barta!

Reactions: RomanHawk
It was second and 1 close to field goal range. They run a stretch that loses 4 yards. Next play was the interception. Why on earth do you run that play there. Move the ball use clock and kick a field goal with little time left. Don't run a play that can lose 4 yards. A QB sneak would have been better. Terrible call!!!
Play of the game, IMO.

Get ready for the Kirk jock sniffers to come out in force.
I don’t think there are going to be many people defending Ferentz, and rightfully so. Between this entire offseason and now what’s happening in-season, the end is looking increasingly and objectively near

Well, there's a reason I wasn't too upset about the prospect of no football this fall. Iowa just lost too many pieces and it never goes well when they have to do that, especially when one of them is a new QB. This is all just practice for next season.

At least basketball season is supposed to start in about a month.

I don’t think there are going to be many people defending Ferentz, and rightfully so. Between this entire offseason and now what’s happening in-season, the end is looking increasingly and objectively near
"I don’t think there are going to be many people defending Ferentz, and rightfully so."

People have been posting this shit for 20 years. Never changes.

Oh, they will be here all right.

Reactions: GOHOX69
"I don’t think there are going to be many people defending Ferentz, and rightfully so."

People have been posting this shit for 20 years. Never changes.
The current state of the program is unlike it’s been at any time during Kirk’s tenure. This isn’t me being butthurt by a loss to Northwestern.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT