ADVERTISEMENT

Oliver Martin

Rumor is false, Martin isn't going anywhere.
1360i0.jpg

According to my friend that’s a paid member on the Michigan site he’s not going anywhere.

According to my friend that’s a paid member on the Michigan site he’s not going anywhere.
But this rumor started somewhere.. there is something to this only a few people know the truth and it will get out..

But I heard from my cousin's girlfriend's friend. Was your post a joke or are you serious? The qualifications of your source are ridiculous.
He said their mods and insiders don’t think he’s going anywhere. There’s not much talk about it and usually if there’s a lot of smoke everyone’s talking about it. Apparently an Iowa fan started the thread over there.

Hmm hard to tell whats true or not, anyone overheard anything at burger king today, or are they closed at Christmas?

He said their mods and insiders don’t think he’s going anywhere. There’s not much talk about it and usually if there’s a lot of smoke everyone’s talking about it. Apparently an Iowa fan started the thread over there.
So an Iowa fan(probably nitewing) tried to troll Michigan fanbase and ended up trolling the Iowa fan base instead....? Typical. ;)

So an Iowa fan(probably nitewing) tried to troll Michigan fanbase and ended up trolling the Iowa fan base instead....? Typical. ;)
That’s what it’s looking like. Hilarious. My friend was waiting for me to message him asking about it. He usually gets a hold of me with news and he didn’t this time so I knew there wasn’t much smoke to this one.

Maybe not, he sure isnt too keen on putting solid receiving threats on the field over 19 yrs. Hopefully he gets over it.

Yeah good call...it's not like he has the top 3 all time receptions leaders during his era...oh wait I guess he does...

Well maybe so but at least he doesn't have the top 3 for a season....oooppss wrong again.

Well yards that's where it's at he doesn't have....oh shoot I guess he does have the top 2.

Well how about for a season....hmmm #1 and 3 of top 5, who knew...

Looks like another one of those fans without perspective moments...interesting!!!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iowa_Hawkeyes_football_statistical_leaders

Oliver Martin isn’t a good WR. I saw him play Dowling in the state championship. He returned a kickoff but otherwise didn’t do anything. Maybe his teammates just sucked but it is also possible he played in Iowa which (list as many examples of Iowa WRs as you wish) usually means he’s very average on the national scene... I’m aware of the WRs that went on to be great, but I don’t think Martin is one of them.

Oliver Martin isn’t a good WR. I saw him play Dowling in the state championship. He returned a kickoff but otherwise didn’t do anything. Maybe his teammates just sucked but it is also possible he played in Iowa which (list as many examples of Iowa WRs as you wish) usually means he’s very average on the national scene... I’m aware of the WRs that went on to be great, but I don’t think Martin is one of them.

I still would love to have him on our roster (check how many WR's we have who never even sniffed the field), but to your underlying point, I am more than happy signing 2 star guys from SEC territory. I know that did not work ONE year under GD, but I will take my chances over a longer period of time. We really have nothing to lose given the lack of WR talent in Iowa and to some degree the midwest.

Pretty hot take. Martin was very impressive in fall camp for Michigan and the coaches and those around the program are very high on him. I guess someone should let the Michigan staff know not to waste their time, because Pepperman doesn’t think he is any good.

Event the Iowa kids that have seemingly been All-World like Arrington and Darboh have not been super studs at Michigan.

Event the Iowa kids that have seemingly been All-World like Arrington and Darboh have not been super studs at Michigan.

It's not like they both were drafted, or left college with stats exceeding Keenan Davis (who himself was another Hawkeye under-utilized).

sour grapes+rationalization=new normal since 1999

Pretty hot take. Martin was very impressive in fall camp for Michigan and the coaches and those around the program are very high on him. I guess someone should let the Michigan staff know not to waste their time, because Pepperman doesn’t think he is any good.

Yeah well let's not forget all those fans that said Derrick Willies was going to go to Texas Tech and make KF look stupid

It's not like they both were drafted, or left college with stats exceeding Keenan Davis (who himself was another Hawkeye under-utilized).

sour grapes+rationalization=new normal since 1999

What was the normal before 1999?

And interestingly enough something I've noted over the last several years.

Player A goes to the pro day runs an electric 40 time and all of a sudden the staff underutilized him LOL

But to be fair that's the new era we live in it's never the kids fault.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT