ADVERTISEMENT

One Bad News Factoid ... (RE: Iowa womens NCAA tourney)

ghostOfHomer777

HR Heisman
May 20, 2014
Angel Reese has never lost to Iowa.

She is 3-0 vs Iowa while at Maryland.
She is 1-0 vs Iowa while at LSU.

Hopefully Iowa can break her streak.

Iowa struggles against athletic teams that rebound well ... particular when such teams are also shooting well.
It's a tough match-up.

On top of that ... as much as Iowa fans might hate on Kim Mulkey ... the lady sure as hell can coach the game of basketball.
No offense to Bluder ... I love her brand of choreographed O at Iowa ... the ball movement can be an absolute thing of beauty.
However, Mulkey can out-coach her any day of the week. That was certainly the case last year.

Hopefully, Bluder and Co come up with a better plan this year.

Caitlin & Syd need to hit the boards. Gonna take all 5 to control the interior.

I’m afraid this is the game that catches up with Bluder’s failure to hit the portal for a C/F to replace Czinano, hope not. Pray that Stuelke stays out of foul trouble. I think it’s going to get ugly in the paint. Need to rain 3s tonight.

I’m afraid this is the game that catches up with Bluder’s failure to hit the portal for a C/F to replace Czinano, hope not. Pray that Stuelke stays out of foul trouble. I think it’s going to get ugly in the paint. Need to rain 3s tonight.
An elite 8 team and you bring that shit up? GTFO bonehead! Addie is the key tonight. She needs to play maddog tough inside tonight. C'mon Addie.

No Jasmine Carson this year. She was the bench player who went 5 for 6 from 3s.

No Ladhazia Williams this year. She was the forward we couldn't stop down low with 20 points.

It's a different LSU team this year. Can't say I've watched many games, but they certainly don't look unstoppable
Johnson will try to copy that. She is arguably their best player next to Morrow, who will be the other big key to stopping.

The two we need to make sure we don't lose in the wash are Williams, who is more or less their 3 and D player, and Van Lith, of course. Whoever is guarding her needs to not let her have her "reason why she chose to go to LSU" moment and go off for 15-20+ pts........which is probably what will f***ing happen because f*** Iowa, can't let them have nice things against the best teams in the biggest games amirite?..........😀

Iowa struggles against athletic teams that rebound well ... particular when such teams are also shooting well.
It's a tough match-up.

On top of that ... as much as Iowa fans might hate on Kim Mulkey ... the lady sure as hell can coach the game of basketball.
No offense to Bluder ... I love her brand of choreographed O at Iowa ... the ball movement can be an absolute thing of beauty.
However, Mulkey can out-coach her any day of the week. That was certainly the case last year.

If outcoaching is running onto the court every other play to yell and scream then yes Mulkey is a master.

It's a tough match-up.

That was not the case last year. And if you go back and watch it again you'll see that was not the case.

Angel Reese didn't beat Iowa last year. She was 5/12 for 15 points and 10 boards. BFD. The 3 players that went a combined 24/38 for 63 points beat Iowa and they are all gone.
She didn’t beat Iowa in 20/21 either. She played a whopping 27 min total (and scoring 14) between the two games.

Reactions: Hawksbyamillion

It's a tough match-up.

Of course, when it's 8 on 5, it's a tad easier to be a "brilliant" coach. Or maybe you haven't heard that even the most objective observers found last year's matchup the worst officiated basketball game in recorded history.

Even though an LSU reserve shot the lights out last year, Iowa was on the comeback trail when the officials stopped even pretending and handed the game to LSU.

The biggest factor tonight won't be LSU. It'll be the refs. Give Iowa a well-officiated basketball game, and the Hawkeyes win. Don't give Iowa any advantage. Just call the game fair and square. Is that too much to ask?

Reactions: herkhatescy
If outcoaching is running onto the court every other play to yell and scream then yes Mulkey is a master.
Mulkey's teams are perennial contenders ... regularly making the elite 8. Her teams have won the championship 4 times (3 at Baylor, 1 at LSU). Her career coaching win percentage is over 86%. Love her or hate here ... I don't see how a basketball fan can deny here aptitude. She, Geno, and VanDerveer are legends.

Of course, when it's 8 on 5, it's a tad easier to be a "brilliant" coach. Or maybe you haven't heard that even the most objective observers found last year's matchup the worst officiated basketball game in recorded history.

Even though an LSU reserve shot the lights out last year, Iowa was on the comeback trail when the officials stopped even pretending and handed the game to LSU.

The biggest factor tonight won't be LSU. It'll be the refs. Give Iowa a well-officiated basketball game, and the Hawkeyes win. Don't give Iowa any advantage. Just call the game fair and square. Is that too much to ask?
Officiating cut both ways last year ... kept Angel on the bench too.

Reactions: MilleGinja
Keep Coach Malarkey OFF the F’ing court while play is live!
This and LSU's physical play doesn't bode well for Iowa. The women's officials have looked pretty weak all tourney. I don't think they have the balls to stand up to Mulkey. Iowa's best hope is that LSU goes cold from the field and gets called for fouls. Icing on the cake would be a T for Mulkey on the court. You'd think someone in the NCAA officiating office would have said something about that by now and they'd be watching for it.

Hawks 86-83 on a CC miracle shot at the buzzer!!!

It's a tough match-up.

She isnt even the best player on LSU. Just the nastiest with the biggest mouth.

Exactly.

This and LSU's physical play doesn't bode well for Iowa. The women's officials have looked pretty weak all tourney. I don't think they have the balls to stand up to Mulkey. Iowa's best hope is that LSU goes cold from the field and gets called for fouls. Icing on the cake would be a T for Mulkey on the court. You'd think someone in the NCAA officiating office would have said something about that by now and they'd be watching for it.

Hawks 86-83 on a CC miracle shot at the buzzer!!!
They love her because people watch ust because the hate her. Just like Mahomes , Lebron and Eldrick. People watch to see them lose.

No Warnock or replacement, either.

If Marshall and Martin are hitting shots Iowa wins this. They won't need to win under the basket then and LSU's rebounding advantage is negated. But that doesn't mean it will be easy. It's not like LSU isn't aware of how Iowa can beat them.

It's a tough match-up.

Very happy that the streak has been broken!

It's a tough match-up.

Uh, this post didn’t age very well.

Uh, this post didn’t age very well.
What aged poorly?

The only thing that could have was that Bluder and Co came up with a pretty good plan. Of course, the main things that helped them was that baited LSU into matching their pace ... and the Hawks defensive adjustment. However, those changes didn't really predicated genius strategy as much as it highlighted how tough the Hawks are to beat when their offense is purring like a kitten.

Another negative lecture from Debbie downer. And he turned out to be wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT