ADVERTISEMENT

Open Thread

Murin shot himself right into both throws, but struggled to get any real penetration on his shots.

Strieber is wildly inconsistent.
I agree, I wasn't taking a shot at Gable. It's not just stoutness, it was height. He looked a little short. Again, much more skilled than any current college HWs, IMO.

Steveson may be a tweener - too heavy for 97KG and too small for heavy. I don't think he can put on 30-40 pound and maintain his skill set - he's too short.

I’m not sure what your asking. Nothing to do with injury that I’m aware of. Simply the fact that Gilman is already sitting in the Final X best of 3 and Lee is already qualified for the WTT. WTT is the tournament that determines who faces Gilman in the Final X, not US Open.

What is this "Final X" ? There are so many tournaments that I have trouble understanding it all.

Reactions: wasdt21
Final list of JR Open champs
57kg- Brandon Courtney (ASU)
61kg- Austin Gomez (ISU)
65kg- Dom Demas (OU)
70kg- Austin O'Connor (UNC)
74kg- Jeremiah Moody (Iowa)
79kg- Aaron Brooks (PSU)
86kg- Louie DePrez (BING)
92kg- Jacob Warner (Iowa)
97kg- Daniel Kerkvliet (OSU)
125kg- Gannon Gremmel (ISU)

4 Champs from Iowa Colleges, 2 apiece for Iowa and ISU.

hahaha you just proved my point that it's quite confusing - no way I'm going to waste my time reading and attempting to understand what you posted - I'd prefer to read the U.S. tax code! o_O

Haha I agree, it is a little intense.

Final list of JR Open champs
57kg- Brandon Courtney (ASU)
61kg- Austin Gomez (ISU)
65kg- Dom Demas (OU)
70kg- Austin O'Connor (UNC)
74kg- Jeremiah Moody (Iowa)
79kg- Aaron Brooks (PSU)
86kg- Louie DePrez (BING)
92kg- Jacob Warner (Iowa)
97kg- Daniel Kerkvliet (OSU)
125kg- Gannon Gremmel (ISU)

4 Champs from Iowa Colleges, 2 apiece for Iowa and ISU.

Gannon Gremmel? How weak was the HWT field?

Reactions: IAChief32
hahaha you just proved my point that it's quite confusing - no way I'm going to waste my time reading and attempting to understand what you posted - I'd prefer to read the U.S. tax code! o_O

Haha I agree, it is a little intense.

I'm sure I'm oversimplifying it, but it's not that complicated when you really think about it. Final X decides the World Team. Simple as that.
  • If you were a World Medalist last year, you automatically advance to Final X to take on the winner of the WTT (Gilman for example is the returning Silver Medalist, so he's already waiting at Final X).
  • If there isn't a World Medalist at that weight, then the US Open champ advances automatically to Final X to take on the winner of the WTT.
That's really all you need to know. Everything else is the usual stuff from every other year: who qualifies for World Team Trials, US Open Champ advances to face the winner of the Challenge Tourney (like at Gilman's weight, since he already gets the automatic qualifier to Final X), etc.

Tony beats Fix. I predicted Fix would TF him but you can't get turned in Fix's par terre if you don't get taken down. Good job old guy.

tenor.gif

Agree, I understand it now but it is certainly very jumbled. My Q is can you qualify for The Challenge at 2 different weights? i.e. if Logan Stieber wants to could he qualify for the Challenge at 61kg since he is the returning US world team member? I thought he looked outmuscled against Eierrman at 65 KG.

Last edited:
Tony beats Fix. I predicted Fix would TF him but you can't get turned in Fix's par terre if you don't get taken down. Good job old guy.

tenor.gif

Can you give a few updates chief? On the road and can't really find any results.

Can you give a few updates chief? On the road and can't really find any results.
I’m not as pretty as Chief, but here they are:

Ramos 2-2 over Fix
DT 8-0 over Perry
Cox 2-0 over Zillmer
Dake 5-5 over Ringer
Coon 3-1 over Varner
Colon 20-13 over Garrett
McKenna 7-3 Eierman
Imar tech over vallimont
Chamberlain 4-1 over Hidlay

Last edited:

tenor.gif

I'm eating crow on that prediction as well. I really thought Fix would turn Ramos, and underestimated Ramos' defense.

<<
I dunno.... Fix has looked incredible. Methinks Ramos might be in for another Daniel Dennis type match.

179 rossel 33, Today at 2:44 AM>>

Reactions: IAChief32
Does Moody still have the bitchin mullet he had last fall?

No...small to mid size afro. Not as big as when he first came on board...he almost would've have qualified for Soul Train (kids, google videos of it) with that one it was so groovy. Very happy for him...hopefully he can work hard this summer and seriously challenge for the lineup.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT