ADVERTISEMENT

Pat Fitzgerald Suspended...NOW FIRED....Has Hired a High-Profile Attorney to Fight Back

It's a shame Northwestern's AD & President f*cked this up from the start by trying to give Patty a slap on the wrist. Fitz is a sleazeball and doesn't deserve another cent.

That article was a good read. The Athletic continues to distinguish itself in the arena of sports reporting. I had forgotten about the Wheeler death during an unsanctioned practice and Northwestern not firing Walker after it came to light.

It will be incredibly interesting to see how it plays out in the end. Northwestern football, baseball, volleyball, cheerleading . . . programs all now under a microscope.

That article was a good read. The Athletic continues to distinguish itself in the arena of sports reporting. I had forgotten about the Wheeler death during an unsanctioned practice and Northwestern not firing Walker after it came to light.
Wheeler died during a summer conditioning session with the S&C coaches. It wasn't an "unsanctioned practice." The only thing that made it illegal was that the S&C coach later provided a video of the session to Coach Walker, who was home mowing his lawn at the time of the session. The death was the tragic result of a perfect storm of bad events: (a) the player had asthma but they couldn't find his inhaler; (b) the session occurred at an atypical field because of a bad storm the prior evening, and folks learned only during the incident that the on-field emergency phone had been knocked out by the same storm; (c) the only cell phone on the field had battery issues; (d) the incident happened during rush hour, which impeded the ambulance; and (e) the player was taking a supplement that didn't help things at all. Just a terrible situation all around.

Wheeler died during a summer conditioning session with the S&C coaches. It wasn't an "unsanctioned practice." The only thing that made it illegal was that the S&C coach later provided a video of the session to Coach Walker, who was home mowing his lawn at the time of the session. The death was the tragic result of a perfect storm of bad events: (a) the player had asthma but they couldn't find his inhaler; (b) the session occurred at an atypical field because of a bad storm the prior evening, and folks learned only during the incident that the on-field emergency phone had been knocked out by the same storm; (c) the only cell phone on the field had battery issues; (d) the incident happened during rush hour, which impeded the ambulance; and (e) the player was taking a supplement that didn't help things at all. Just a terrible situation all around..

Good clarification and poor wording on my part.

He died as part of a "voluntary" workout which happened to have Northwestern staff members present recording the results of the workouts. Staff members recording the workouts during a "voluntary" workout was a violation of NCAA rules defining what was and was not a "voluntary" workout. Dispersing the recording was also a violation of NCAA rules.

So . . instead of writing "unsanctioned practice," I should have written "unsanctioned workout."

If I recall correctly, staff members continued supervising and recording some of Wheeler's teammates participating in the "voluntary" workout as EMTs were trying to save Wheeler's life.

Reactions: ichawk24
Wheeler died during a summer conditioning session with the S&C coaches. It wasn't an "unsanctioned practice." The only thing that made it illegal was that the S&C coach later provided a video of the session to Coach Walker, who was home mowing his lawn at the time of the session. The death was the tragic result of a perfect storm of bad events: (a) the player had asthma but they couldn't find his inhaler; (b) the session occurred at an atypical field because of a bad storm the prior evening, and folks learned only during the incident that the on-field emergency phone had been knocked out by the same storm; (c) the only cell phone on the field had battery issues; (d) the incident happened during rush hour, which impeded the ambulance; and (e) the player was taking a supplement that didn't help things at all. Just a terrible situation all around.
So it was only illegal because they broke the rules? Makes sense to me.

• Haha
Reactions: PoleSmokinHerkyFan
Go away. You're an idiot and offer nothing but lies covering your a$$. Beat it troll. Go back to your teams board and make up lies like you admitted to doing. Liar and loser. Just putting you on ignore with hoglover nebby fan who cant accept how much nebby sucks and Iowa owns them along with every other team in the big.
This is funny...especially coming from a guy who pretends to be an insider and I know for a fact isn't

This is funny...especially coming from a guy who pretends to be an insider and I know for a fact isn't
Really, how could you know that? I was called out when i sd kf was gping for 7 offensive portal players, cade coming, etc. I got thatfrom inside the athletic dept. I also go to the trainer room after uni basketball games and get plenty of insider info that nobody cares about here. So blow me loser. Sorry, thats your moms job. Also i openly said i had moved away from iowa city and didnt have access anymore when i came back to ne iowa to help take care of my parents. Thus no inside info for months. Except uni of course.

• Haha
Wow, I bet that really set him back. :rolleyes: I mean seriously, given the ramifications of what was alleged, thats hardly a spit in the ocean to whats at stake here for him and NW.....
The details and multiple sports and both genders being reported on is definately a black eye on nw athletics, esp the football program. This might follow fitzy after the firing.

• Haha
Really, how could you know that? I was called out when i sd kf was gping for 7 offensive portal players, cade coming, etc. I got thatfrom inside the athletic dept. I also go to the trainer room after uni basketball games and get plenty of insider info that nobody cares about here. So blow me loser. Sorry, thats your moms job. Also i openly said i had moved away from iowa city and didnt have access anymore when i came back to ne iowa to help take care of my parents. Thus no inside info for months. Except uni of course.
Wow...you sound very mature...I thought you had me on ignore

And yes...I know you are a fraud

Wow, I bet that really set him back. :rolleyes: I mean seriously, given the ramifications of what was alleged, thats hardly a spit in the ocean to whats at stake here for him and NW.....

The details and multiple sports and both genders being reported on is definately a black eye on nw athletics, esp the football program. This might follow fitzy after the firing.

Football players from 30 years ago are coming out now. And when Ben Crump shows up it's never good for the defendant.

Football players from 30 years ago are coming out now. And when Ben Crump shows up it's never good for the defendant.
I understand. I responded to the poster who said that "Fitz agreed to a 2 week suspend WITHOUT pay" to which I said, "I bet that really set him back". You know 2 weeks pay. Pffff... Thats all I was commenting on....

• Haha
I understand. I responded to the poster who said that "Fitz agreed to a 2 week suspend WITHOUT pay" to which I said, "I bet that really set him back". You know 2 weeks pay. Pffff... Thats all I was commenting on....

I get it. Just having a conversation on this scandal and how athletes from 30 years ago are now coming out of the woodwork.... ;)

• Haha
I get it. Just having a conversation on this scandal and how athletes from 30 years ago are now coming out of the woodwork.... ;)
I guess I just thought I'd throw that out there. A couple of posters questioned what I said, like I was dismissing this as no big deal. Obviously there's A LOT of $$$ at stake between Fitz and NW before this is settled. I just thought him agreeing to giving up two weeks pay, was funny. Thats like most of us giving up $20 or something as ridiculous....

I guess I just thought I'd throw that out there. A couple of posters questioned what I said, like I was dismissing this as no big deal. Obviously there's A LOT of $$$ at stake between Fitz and NW before this is settled. I just thought him agreeing to giving up two weeks pay, was funny. Thats like most of us giving up $20 or something as ridiculous....

Now that we are talking about baseball, football and other sports, all going back 30 years, I wonder what this ends up costing.... and then how much does Fitz walk away with....

Crazy.

• Haha
He took the time to tell me he thinks my own mother sucks my d...think he is a little triggered
I’d say you’re the one who’s a little triggered. Constantly on an opposing teams message boards talking shit as a grown man. Your act is pretty tiresome man.

• Haha
I’d say you’re the one who’s a little triggered. Constantly on an opposing teams message boards talking shit as a grown man. Your act is pretty tiresome man.
You obviously don't know what "triggered" means

And don't blame me for pointing out the guy is a fraud...it's a psa

You obviously don't know what "triggered" means

And don't blame me for pointing out the guy is a fraud...it's a psa
Well we certainly appreciate you sharing your insight and wisdom. Our apologies that one of our fans felt that they had some information that they wanted to share........and ultimately was fairly spot on. Go after the poster who went with the 'something will happen between the end of the season and the start of the next season, some people will leave and some people will join.' and then is there to pull a muscle patting themselves on the back. Go after those folks. Another thought, go discuss the 4 game suspension headed to the head coach of the school up north.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT