ADVERTISEMENT

PMac calls it a career

yes...a while back on their podcast she scolded Hawkeye fans for not understanding why Conner was getting so much playing time and all that he did for the team while he was on the court
1. She was right about Connor’s contributions.
2. She never said anything about pig farmer’s not knowing the game, that was made up by you.
3. Not surprised that a pig farmer still can’t spell the kid’s name right after he was here for 6 years.

GJiJvO-W4AAz-I4
I wish him nothing but the best in his future.

Haha. I was thinking that too. You don't hear a lot of love for Iowa fans...not from Kirk, not Fran, not Patty.
Kirk will give the typical coach-speak rhetoric thanking the fans.

Fran does as well, but less so because he, like his family, like to "speak their minds" and don't always give the PC answers. Fran and his family know the fans are at odds with him, so he's gonna be less likely to go out of his way to say anything nice about the Iowa fanbase.

Patrick is like his brother and Jordan. Speaking their unfiltered minds with no care about what affect their words might have.

That's why I posted the fact that Iowa is 0-fer in games where our idiot players run their mouths complaining about sh** (fans included) BEFORE their next game.

They have NEVER won a game following a stupid social media post or interview where Connor, JBo, or Patrick etc etc felt the need to chastise the fans or the refs or the NCAA etc etc.

Never.......

But they'll keep on doing it to get their two cents in because they're f***ing morons who feel compelled to get stuff off their chest, rather than letting their actions speak for them.

This isn't a vent or a rant or an opinion either. This is a cold hard fact, and until they realize that and go back to keeping their f***ing mouths shut, Iowa will continue to suffer the consequences of their mouths..........

Hope that helps. 🫠 🫠🫠🫠🫠🫠🫠

Personally I think he did his best. No one knows the full extent of what it was like as a cancer survivor and what that can do to you physically and more importantly mentally.
I think that definitely had an effect on his game at times. Add in the pressure of school, playing for your dad and trying to live up to expectations is tough for anyone.
I'm glad he is moving on however, as the truth is he just lacks the physical tools to be anything more than role player. Not gonna lie but thank God we have seen the last McCaffrey suit up for the Hawks.

It wasn't Patrick's fault that his dad gave him more minutes than he deserved. As someone who has survived cancer and dealt with anxiety my whole life I can respect him sticking it out...being a high profile student athlete in the big ten has to be hard enough without dealing with those obstacles. Not to mention the scrutiny of being the coach's son

That said I'm ready for the next chapter of Iowa bball. Good luck, PM

Personally I think he did his best. No one knows the full extent of what it was like as a cancer survivor and what that can do to you physically and more importantly mentally.
I think that definitely had an effect on his game at times. Add in the pressure of school, playing for your dad and trying to live up to expectations is tough for anyone.
I'm glad he is moving on however, as the truth is he just lacks the physical tools to be anything more than role player. Not gonna lie but thank God we have seen the last McCaffrey suit up for the Hawks.
Im no D1 hooper, but i have gone through the mental hurdles of a cancer diagnosis… even the best prognosis is filled with mental torment.

He is a great Hawk and represented the black and gold well. Thats all I ask of our players… and he nailed it

2. She never said anything about pig farmer’s not knowing the game, that was made up by you.
3. Not surprised that a pig farmer still can’t spell the kid’s name right after he was here for 6 years.

she was right about the value of connor's contributions in your opinion--it isn't a fact.

CMAC and PMAC: I appreciate there efforts/time to same extent I would appreciate anyone on the team and any criticisms they received on favortism/double standards really should have been directed at Papa.

Kirk will give the typical coach-speak rhetoric thanking the fans.

Fran does as well, but less so because he, like his family, like to "speak their minds" and don't always give the PC answers. Fran and his family know the fans are at odds with him, so he's gonna be less likely to go out of his way to say anything nice about the Iowa fanbase.

Patrick is like his brother and Jordan. Speaking their unfiltered minds with no care about what affect their words might have.

That's why I posted the fact that Iowa is 0-fer in games where our idiot players run their mouths complaining about sh** (fans included) BEFORE their next game.

They have NEVER won a game following a stupid social media post or interview where Connor, JBo, or Patrick etc etc felt the need to chastise the fans or the refs or the NCAA etc etc.

Never.......

But they'll keep on doing it to get their two cents in because they're f***ing morons who feel compelled to get stuff off their chest, rather than letting their actions speak for them.

This isn't a vent or a rant or an opinion either. This is a cold hard fact, and until they realize that and go back to keeping their f***ing mouths shut, Iowa will continue to suffer the consequences of their mouths..........

Hope that helps. 🫠 🫠🫠🫠🫠🫠🫠
ummm.... kinda seems like a rant... just sayin

Kenan Thompson Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

She absolutely was not right about Connor's contribution He was a net negative until he was a senior. And even then he was nothing more than okay. He should not have been playing more than 5 to 7 minutes a night if that.

Reactions: CarterHall
Where else are we going to find guys that shoot 33% from the field, 28% from three and 58% from the line and can’t defend or create?!? That team with Luka could have been in a final four with just average guards.
Conner was the worst player in modern big ten conference history to get over 20 minutes a game. Luka and Keegans's worst stats occurred when Conner was on the court with them because he didn't need guarded. He has to love Patrick having such a horrible year because it makes the idiot fans forget how bad Conner was. Patrick at least will get offers at other teams and a chance to play for money over seas if his head gets straight. Nobody was interested in a 6'5 guy who can't jump or shoot. I think Caitlin has a higher vertical. She at least touched the middle of the net. I don't think Conner can even dunk the ball.

No she was as wrong as she was wrong to cause scenes at the high school gym. Conner sucked at everything but he had a mean swing pass while standing unguarded at the top of the key. Conner couldn't shoot, rebound, guard, or create a shot for any teammate. His horrible defense is surprisingly overshadowed by his shit offense. It was a lay up drill or foul any time his opponent decided to attack him.

Anyone have Conners NCAA career stats handy? That's why most are ready for Fran to go. He screwed Garza, Murrays, and Wheezy by playing the worst player to get 20-30 minutes in the Big Ten since the 70's. You can look at ticket sales going down but that doesn't factor how many keep buying because they don't want to lose their good seats. Those seats get sold or remain empty.
I was still a Patrick fan until he decided to not thank the fans. Sorry if I missed it but he has had a ton of fan support at Iowa. I thought his floor was Nick Bauer Jr year and his ceiling was better than Nick's senior year. He never even reached his floor and I blame Fran for that. I didn't post anything negative about Fran, Conner, or Patrick during the season so summing it up in this thread.

Last edited:
SEASON TEAM GP GS MIN POINTS FIELD GOALS 3-POINT FREE-THROWS REB PF ASS T/O BLK STL AVG TOT FG FGA PCT FG FGA PCT FT FTA PCT OFF DEF TOTAL AVG
2017-18Iowa40532.0823.66712.50034.7500441.027402
2018-19Iowa3406334.41493597.361629.2077397.7531237491.46110243323
2019-20Iowa31319336.219355160.3443397.3405064.781211031244.08012427335
2020-21Iowa31317033.310133102.3241865.2771729.5861483973.18111230219
2021-22Iowa3445802.5852572.3472265.3381318.7221966852.5536513017
2022-23Iowa32229636.520961159.38438114.3334956.875281031314.18911730042
Totals:1668838664.5745211593.356118372.317205268.765943964903.03665271478138

I tried, hard to follow, doesn't look very good but I think we can get the picture of Connor's time at Iowa

Im no D1 hooper, but i have gone through the mental hurdles of a cancer diagnosis… even the best prognosis is filled with mental torment.

He is a great Hawk and represented the black and gold well. Thats all I ask of our players… and he nailed it
Good post---if you do not know anything at all about cancer just remember this--remission is just another word for waiting for it to come back---once diagnosed it is always on your mind especially when you get any ache or pain at all--
Very taxing disease both physically and mentally as well--just never goes away---

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT