ADVERTISEMENT

Real Woods in the portal? Mineo inkling Penn State

Was gone for a while and just catching up. Speaking for myself, and I am assuming most rational fans. Transferring is fine, regardless of where the individual finds the best fit. What this all boils down to is competitiveness and jealousy. Nobody batted an eye when Killian Cardinale transferred to West Virginia. Why? Because West Virginia isn't a title threat. Real Woods coming to Iowa doesn't bother me at all, regardless of whether he pushes Iowa to take the team race or not. When you said about Dean going to PSU was fine but Woods to Iowa wasn't, is obviously true for some, but not all. Just like Woods to Iowa is fine but Dean to PSU wasn't. Both teams have fans that are extremely one sided and that will never change. My original posts in this thread were not a shot at Real in any way shape or form. My posts were only intended for the fans that basically said its ok for Real to go to Iowa but not Dean to PSU. I will not engage in that argument again. It is early in the offseason and there's some great freestyle events coming up. Lets pace ourselves.
I don’t disagree with you

Reactions: Junglekitty
Lol! That’s the thing…right there! It doesn’t have to be a feud! It’s college f’ing wrestling.

Everybody wants to shoot at each other all the f’ing time, like the Hatfields and McCoy’s in some Kentucky backwoods holler!

tired of it! Tired of all the whining. Tired of all the accusations. Tired of the stupid, stupid f’ing comments that come out of the mouths of two of the best wrestling fan bases in America. Who’s swinging the biggest piece of meat? Who is joining the big dick club today? Because that’s what it sounds like all the time!!! I got news for each and everyone of you, it ain’t you. You are compensating!

Cael this…TNT that! Jesus people, they are both doing everything they can to win! If you don’t realize that you’re not very F’ing bright!

But all we wanna do is take pot shots. F the pedos! F Iowa and their fans! really?? Sometimes I sit here and look at these threads and the comments and think, “do these guys really go through life like this every single day?”What a miserable existence!

are you offended? If you are, it’s because you’re part of the problem. You are what makes this the cesspool! Congrats!

If you’re not offended, thank you for being part of the solution. unfortunately, I don’t think there are enough of us doing that.

Frustrating!

Hmmmm. Sounds like you are offended. ;)

Was gone for a while and just catching up. Speaking for myself, and I am assuming most rational fans. Transferring is fine, regardless of where the individual finds the best fit. What this all boils down to is competitiveness and jealousy. Nobody batted an eye when Killian Cardinale transferred to West Virginia. Why? Because West Virginia isn't a title threat. Real Woods coming to Iowa doesn't bother me at all, regardless of whether he pushes Iowa to take the team race or not. When you said about Dean going to PSU was fine but Woods to Iowa wasn't, is obviously true for some, but not all. Just like Woods to Iowa is fine but Dean to PSU wasn't. Both teams have fans that are extremely one sided and that will never change. My original posts in this thread were not a shot at Real in any way shape or form. My posts were only intended for the fans that basically said its ok for Real to go to Iowa but not Dean to PSU. I will not engage in that argument again. It is early in the offseason and there's some great freestyle events coming up. Lets pace ourselves.
I never said dean to psu wasn’t fine!! It is what it is. However psu thought it was ok to over recruit a returning all American. How does beard feel? Atleast Iowa didn’t recruit over an aa!!

I never said dean to psu wasn’t fine!! It is what it is. However psu thought it was ok to over recruit a returning all American. How does beard feel? Atleast Iowa didn’t recruit over an aa!!
I mis- spoke the last post!! I don’t agree with him!!

• Haha
Reactions: Junglekitty
Oh, to have that kind of problem….

Yeah, yeah…. I’m sure it will come back to bite him in the ass one of these decades.
Right..and now we’re in the game. Which has been made abundantly clear with all of the outrage and hate Iowa is receiving.

Reactions: el dub
Nah. He hit the nail on the head and I'd wager the opinion he shared is the majority opinion. Mike needs to hear it.
I’ve heard it every time someone has mentioned it Vodka. I just don’t share the same myopic point of view.

I think these boards are a public entity. I think they should be for anyone who want to come here and share their thoughts. If those thoughts get out of line, I will deal with them, and have, consistently, for years. Just as Tom and Blair have as well.

I will again point out, that the playing field is the same for all that venture on to it. It’s pretty simple.

Go Hawks

Z

I’ve heard it every time someone has mentioned it Vodka. I just don’t share the same myopic point of view.

I think these boards are a public entity. I think they should be for anyone who want to come here and share their thoughts. If those thoughts get out of line, I will deal with them, and have, consistently, for years. Just as Tom and Blair have as well.

I will again point out, that the playing field is the same for all that venture on to it. It’s pretty simple.

Go Hawks

Z

That's fine if you want to avoid banning trolls. I don't really take issue with your moderation style. I prefer less moderation and censorship rather than more even if it leads to some shitty conversation.

However, what I don't follow is why you go on BWI and shit talk Iowa fans/HR and cater and encourage the PSU trolls all while lacking acknowledgment that their mod team is much more heavy handed and doesn't have the same laissez faire mind set that you do.

Hmmmm. Sounds like you are offended. ;)
You know what I’m more offended and frustrated with?

The way people treat each other. It’s offensive. Social Media has created a shit storm of issues and being able to hide behind fictitious screen names and saying whatever it is you want is apparently in vogue……and has been for some time. It continues to get worse, each and every year.

I use my real name for accountability. Tom, Blair and I all had this conversation years ago, when we all met for breakfast in Iowa City to decide how we should handle and delegate the responsibilities of who was handling what and how they would be handled. It was one of the things we decided immediately. Blair was no longer KnightHawk. I was no longer ZHawk (Which someone else now uses). It was important for us to be approachable and accountable. After 20 years of doing this, I’m at my wits end with this particular forum. We all know its out of control. Hawk fans blaming it on PSU fans. PSU Fans blaming Hawk fans. Everyone blaming me. It’s far more than that and its a select few that continue to fan the flames on both sides. It’s like watching two 5th graders fight over a girl that wants to date a 6th grader. The maturity level is so non-existent that its completely off the rails.

You guys want me to police the boards and be accountable, but nobody want to be accountable for their own actions and heaven forbid that someone do something about that accountability that you don’t agree with! (No @armbartilt, I’m not aiming this response at you, just happens to be in response to your post).

Fist says I’m doing this wrong. Many probably agree. Not one person has come to me with a suggestion on how to handle the situation in a way that works for all. Not one. Matter of fact, other than calling me out on the boards and being offended that I’m offended about calling a spade a spade, not one person has sent a PM, a text, an email, nothing.

It’s like crying wolf. We all come running the first few times it happens, and after it happens over and over, it stops being a problem when there isn’t a problem to solve other than how people refuse to treat each other with a level of respect that each of us deserves.

Its really on the users of the board to be better………You want respect, you give respect. And if there is a problem, you point it out and I’m happy to take a look at what it is you are concerned about.

Mike

That's fine if you want to avoid banning trolls. I don't really take issue with your moderation style. I prefer less moderation and censorship rather than more even if it leads to some shitty conversation.

However, what I don't follow is why you go on BWI and shit talk Iowa fans/HR and cater and encourage the PSU trolls all while lacking acknowledgment that their mod team is much more heavy handed and doesn't have the same laissez faire mind set that you do.
That, sir, is complete BS. Do I go to BWI? Sure I do. Do I shit talk Iowa fans or this board? NEVER. And I most certainly do not encourage trolling. And to say that on this board is irresponsible. You are only trying to make yourself look good while stating inaccuracies to make me look bad. It’s not a good look Vodka.

I am somewhat familiar with their mod team. I believe you may be right that they are a bit more heavy handed, but, you just said you prefer less, as do I. Just because their mods are that way doesn’t mean I will be.

Mike

Last edited:
Reactions: steelhawkeye
I sure do enjoy my downtime away from the board's before freestyle starts up. Both BWI and HR have been shitshows.

My take from this snafu-

Pat Mineo would stab his own mother in the back if it furthered his agenda. He used chicanery and duplicity to get what he wanted from Larry(which wasn't much) then tied a rope around his neck and drug him through the mud.

Anybody in the wrestling world that Pat talks to should walk on egg shells around him. He will continue to record/screenshot/cherry pick/Edit whatever he can to push his narrative. He may seem like a nice guy to your face, or on the phone, with his smile & laughter, but as soon as he gets what he wants he is going to go behind your back or blow it up in your face. Like gas on a dumpster fire.

The only reason Willie doesn't put out tweets/info like Pat is because he has a leash around his neck with the coaching staff's. The moment he pulls something like what Judas Mineo did with Larry Lee, Willie would be cut off and he knows it. His good buddy Mineo is burning bridges he hasn't even walked across yet.

Last edited:
You know what I’m more offended and frustrated with?

The way people treat each other. It’s offensive. Social Media has created a shit storm of issues and being able to hide behind fictitious screen names and saying whatever it is you want is apparently in vogue……and has been for some time. It continues to get worse, each and every year.

I use my real name for accountability. Tom, Blair and I all had this conversation years ago, when we all met for breakfast in Iowa City to decide how we should handle and delegate the responsibilities of who was handling what and how they would be handled. It was one of the things we decided immediately. Blair was no longer KnightHawk. I was no longer ZHawk (Which someone else now uses). It was important for us to be approachable and accountable. After 20 years of doing this, I’m at my wits end with this particular forum. We all know its out of control. Hawk fans blaming it on PSU fans. PSU Fans blaming Hawk fans. Everyone blaming me. It’s far more than that and its a select few that continue to fan the flames on both sides. It’s like watching two 5th graders fight over a girl that wants to date a 6th grader. The maturity level is so non-existent that its completely off the rails.

You guys want me to police the boards and be accountable, but nobody want to be accountable for their own actions and heaven forbid that someone do something about that accountability that you don’t agree with! (No @armbartilt, I’m not aiming this response at you, just happens to be in response to your post).

Fist says I’m doing this wrong. Many probably agree. Not one person has come to me with a suggestion on how to handle the situation in a way that works for all. Not one. Matter of fact, other than calling me out on the boards and being offended that I’m offended about calling a spade a spade, not one person has sent a PM, a text, an email, nothing.

It’s like crying wolf. We all come running the first few times it happens, and after it happens over and over, it stops being a problem when there isn’t a problem to solve other than how people refuse to treat each other with a level of respect that each of us deserves.

Its really on the users of the board to be better………You want respect, you give respect. And if there is a problem, you point it out and I’m happy to take a look at what it is you are concerned about.

Mike
Well said. Jerry Maguire esq in a good sense.

That, sir, is complete BS. Do I go to BWI? Sure I do. Do I shit talk Iowa fans or this board? NEVER. And I most certainly do not encourage trolling. And to say that on this board is irresponsible. You are only trying to make yourself look good while stating inaccuracies to make me look bad. It’s not a good look Vodka.

I am somewhat familiar with their mod team. I believe you may be right that they are a bit more heavy handed, but, you just said you prefer less, as do I. Just because their mods are that way doesn’t mean I will be.

Mike
Mike, it seems some of the posters here view you not indulging in wacky unfounded conspiracy theories like them as “sh*t talking” them.

Once you accept that not sharing their unique brand of psychosis is viewed as a personal affront to them, it’s easier to just move past that and get on with life.

No chance.
key-and-peele-teacher.gif

Can anyone provide an assessment of Lamont? Going solely from wrestlstat, he has tight matches with everyone in the top 20--like a Murin or Young. 5th in '21, R16 in '22. Either cutting too much weight, slight injury, took his foot off the gas, or just a coin-flip kinda style. Anyone she'd more light?

Can anyone provide an assessment of Lamont? Going solely from wrestlstat, he has tight matches with everyone in the top 20--like a Murin or Young. 5th in '21, R16 in '22. Either cutting too much weight, slight injury, took his foot off the gas, or just a coin-flip kinda style. Anyone she'd more light?
Off season. This is as good as it gets. But I’m having trouble understanding the mutual interest.

That's why I'm asking. Unless he was cutting too much weight at 125 and people think he's a shoo-in to be top-4 at 133. Otherwise...I like our guys.
There would still have to be unknown things happening behind the scenes at 133 for this make sense, imo. Injuries?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT