ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting vs psu

Ragnarok Hawk

Rookie
Nov 16, 2018
What is the last recruiting battle the Hawks won against penn st? Spencer? Ayala? This question is not a criticism of the staff, I’m more curious what kids we were/are both after.

To be fair, winning the recruiting war against Bael would be like beating Lance Armstrong at the Tour de France.

Yep, they had claimed that because they were winning, kids would give up $$$$ just to be there? Now, with us winning last year up through the B1Gs and this year everything. Lets see how all these recruits now start lining up at our door regardless of money?

It will not happen because it is BS. Some time ago there was a thread about the recruiting with a comparison of F*** state to all others. If memory servers me correctly? They had as many number ones as the next 3-4 teams combined over the last 10 years.

It has not slowed down at all. Look at there current line up. Pretty sure there was 8-9 #1s in it this year. IOWA beating them for the title having no where close to that is pretty impressive. How you continue to do it is the big question?

Heres what little kids and future recruits saw tonight...

They saw Iowa's best team in ten years crown one individual champion. They also saw arguably Penn States 2nd worst team in the past 10 years crown 4 Champions.

In my opinion Iowa won the battle by winning the team championship this year but PSU will win the war after tonights display plays out and leads to even more individual and team championships.

Yep, they had claimed that because they were winning, kids would give up $$$$ just to be there? Now, with us winning last year up through the B1Gs and this year everything. Lets see how all these recruits now start lining up at our door regardless of money?

It will not happen because it is BS. Some time ago there was a thread about the recruiting with a comparison of F*** state to all others. If memory servers me correctly? They had as many number ones as the next 3-4 teams combined over the last 10 years.

It has not slowed down at all. Look at there current line up. Pretty sure there was 8-9 #1s in it this year. IOWA beating them for the title having no where close to that is pretty impressive. How you continue to do it is the big question?

I'm not sure, but I was a diehard college wrestling fan for a good 15+ years and Bael has all but run me away from the sport. His scummy behavior is really a problem.

They saw Iowa's best team in ten years crown one individual championship. They also saw arguably Penn States 2nd worst team in the past 10 years crown 4 Champions.

In my opinion Iowa won the battle by winning the team championship this year but PSU will win the war after this display tonight plays out and leads to even more individual and team championships.
Dude..
You sign top 5 recruits every year....that has never happened before so explain that to me please....

Reactions: DirkTang1

They saw Iowa's best team in ten years crown one individual champion. They also saw arguably Penn States 2nd worst team in the past 10 years crown 4 Champions.

In my opinion Iowa won the battle by winning the team championship this year but PSU will win the war after tonights display plays out and leads to even more individual and team championships.
Eat a bag of dicks. Your team lost. Got out bonused. Eierman scored as much as Brooks and more than Carter. You can't recruit everyone in the country. You can only start 10 guys and you usually only get about half of them to buy in. There is enough talent in the country to keep beating you even if you cherry pick the country. Getting this team title was a big cross off their back. Iowa isn't going anywhere.

And don't kid yourself. PSU threw the kitchen sink at them this year. They were gonna redshirt a bunch of these guys and they unleashed everything they had and couldnt win. They had mutliple world champs not even good enough to start in their lineups at weights they scored no points at. This was one of their most talented team ever.

Last edited:

What’s that say about the other guys in the PSU lineup that they couldn’t beat Iowa with 4 individual champs?

Eat a bag of dicks. Your team lost. Got out bonused. Eierman scored as much as Brooks and more than Carter. You can't recruit everyone in the country. You can only start 10 guys and you usually only get about half of them to buy in. There is enough talent in the country to keep beating you even if you cherry pick the country.
The day Cael starts to only get 5 out of 10 to buy in is the day he will leave the sport.

What’s that say about the other guys in the PSU lineup that they couldn’t beat Iowa with 4 individual champs?
To kids, an individual championship comes first. Sorry...it just does. Id also say the other guys in the lineup are all pretty much freshman and just stayed relatively close to the very best veteran squad Iowa has put out in ten years. The team EVERONE predicted would run away from the field.

Reactions: bourbon n blues
Again the F*** state d*ckheads do not get it. As is pointed out.

A) Most of your line up is not freshman except in name.

B) most of your line up is either #1 at the weight recruit, or even #1 /top 10 P4p guys.

C) with that kind of fire power, to lose the last 2 years to IOWA which has nothing close to that. Shows really who is the better coaches and who has the better program. You got smoked by a team both this year and last, that has maybe a 1/4 of the high end recruits you have.

D) it does seem that your team is having more and more problems with wrestlers leaving etc. Will it even matter when you can just keep adding more and more top guys? Who knows? Just look at Heavy weight and 125 the last few years. I know of no other program with situations like these! I also know that no other program would not have had major setbacks if they did!!!!

B) most of your line up is either #1 at the weight recruit, or even #1 /top 10 P4p guys.

C) with that kind of fire power, to lose the last 2 years to IOWA which has nothing close to that. Shows really who is the better coaches and who has the better program. You got smoked by a team both this year and last, that has maybe a 1/4 of the high end recruits you have.

D) it does seem that your team is having more and more problems with wrestlers leaving etc. Will it even matter when you can just keep adding more and more top guys? Who knows? Just look at Heavy weight and 125 the last few years. I know of no other program with situations like these! I also know that no other program would not have had major setbacks if they did!!!!

I have pointed out in a previous thread the absurd number of champions and finalists PSU has had as true freshman, redshirt freshman and sophomores. That suggests recruiting, not any secret sauce at PSU.

Well, I suppose the secret sauce is how they get all those recruits to begin with. Hopefully there will be a whistleblower one day.

Hard to argue. They shine on the big stage, embrace it. We kinda "pooped our pants" to borrow the phrase.... except Super Man.

You sound salty .

You’re one smug prick you know that? I’d bet you do, JTS. But let’s talk about what else kids saw tonight...they saw Spencer Lee win his 3rd title in a row win no ACL’s. They also saw Iowa beat PSU for the first time in ten years. Sure, penn state performed and they’re talented as hell but like I’ve said time and again, Carl is one of the best game planners. Do you really believe Starocci is better than Kem right now? You’re a liar if you say yes. Is nick lee better than jaydin? I’d say maybe but it’s close. Excellent showing by psu, no doubt but kids will see heart by Iowa (Spencer, for sure) and running and game planning by psu. If I were a kid watching I’d rather be a skilled Iowa wrestler than a decent psu wrestler with a great game plan. The Brands’ will adapt and be better for it or they’ll be gone but kids saw excellent wrestling from Iowa and excellent preparation from psu. And last but not least, go eat a dick because for at least another year, champs baby! CHAMPS!

To kids, an individual championship comes first. Sorry...it just does. Id also say the other guys in the lineup are all pretty much freshman and just stayed relatively close to the very best veteran squad Iowa has put out in ten years. The team EVERONE predicted would run away from the field.
And most of those freshman would be seniors next year at other schools lol. Your team isn’t young at all. They just have a ton of eligibility left. There is a difference.

Joe Lee will be replaced next year by Facundo, if we don't get Griffith. Beard was an All-American, not terrible for a Freshman.
Lee and Beard should be seniors in school next year but 22 year olds freshman still eligibility wise. You think those guys will still be around at 26?

Eat a bag of dicks. Your team lost. Got out bonused. Eierman scored as much as Brooks and more than Carter. You can't recruit everyone in the country. You can only start 10 guys and you usually only get about half of them to buy in. There is enough talent in the country to keep beating you even if you cherry pick the country. Getting this team title was a big cross off their back. Iowa isn't going anywhere.

And don't kid yourself. PSU threw the kitchen sink at them this year. They were gonna redshirt a bunch of these guys and they unleashed everything they had and couldnt win. They had mutliple world champs not even good enough to start in their lineups at weights they scored no points at. This was one of their most talented team ever.
The only reason they didn’t redshirt everyone (lee RBY Howard Bo Brooks and Kerk) was because it was a “free” year. If the NCAA wouldn’t have declared that PSU would’ve redshirted all 6 of them. Great win for Iowa! On a side note I’m sure someone has or could give us the age difference between the 2 starting line ups. I will take the youth! We can all agree to disagree but the NCAAs are better then Christmas morning for me. I’m ready for Detroit

Reactions: therod

Not really.

You’re one smug prick you know that? I’d bet you do, JTS. But let’s talk about what else kids saw tonight...they saw Spencer Lee win his 3rd title in a row win no ACL’s. They also saw Iowa beat PSU for the first time in ten years. Sure, penn state performed and they’re talented as hell but like I’ve said time and again, Carl is one of the best game planners. Do you really believe Starocci is better than Kem right now? You’re a liar if you say yes. Is nick lee better than jaydin? I’d say maybe but it’s close. Excellent showing by psu, no doubt but kids will see heart by Iowa (Spencer, for sure) and running and game planning by psu. If I were a kid watching I’d rather be a skilled Iowa wrestler than a decent psu wrestler with a great game plan. The Brands’ will adapt and be better for it or they’ll be gone but kids saw excellent wrestling from Iowa and excellent preparation from psu. And last but not least, go eat a dick because for at least another year, champs baby! CHAMPS!
You had a better lineup than we did. You did not have more champions.
Pretty simple.

The only reason they didn’t redshirt everyone (lee RBY Howard Bo Brooks and Kerk) was because it was a “free” year. If the NCAA wouldn’t have declared that PSU would’ve redshirted all 6 of them. Great win for Iowa! On a side note I’m sure someone has or could give us the age difference between the 2 starting line ups. I will take the youth! We can all agree to disagree but the NCAAs are better then Christmas morning for me. I’m ready for Detroit
maxresdefault.jpg
That is why I said they threw everything they had at Iowa. No "punt year" excuse that Cael wanted to use. Maybe he will do it next year since they will be fighting it out for second again.

It seems like Iowa is trying to win also and had the better team the last two years overall. My guess is PSU wins it all next year.
I don't understand the complaining over winning.

Reactions: PSUer1989
It seems like Iowa is trying to win also and had the better team the last two years overall. My guess is PSU wins it all next year.
I don't understand the complaining over winning.
Let me take a wild guess. Your guess the last two years was PSU was going win too. If Brands gets 1 to Cael's 3 P4P recruits he will win team titles. We just can't afford to get 0 to PSU's 3 a year.

You had a better lineup than we did. You did not have more champions.
Pretty simple.
Yes, that is pretty simple but that’s not what he was saying. He was saying PSU outshined Iowa and despite Iowa winning the whole thing, kids only saw what penn state did. That’s disingenuous and shortsighted. Was it good for psu recruiting that they had 4 champs? Undeniably but that’s been going on for 10 years. Iowa won the whole thing taking down the 50 top 10 wrestlers from every class that penn state gets. It’s meaningful for Iowa and can’t be downplayed by a turd on a burner account. It was a good battle and next year will be even tougher and I don’t know if we will get it done but for the past 2 years, Iowa was #1. We get to enjoy that and Iowa wrestlers earned it. See you next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT