ADVERTISEMENT

Rudock to Michigan now official

Originally posted by QChawks:
Per Morehouse on Twitter

Big Ten approved the transfer

Posted from Rivals Mobile
Whichever way this plays out this fall, these boards are guaranteed to be awesome!

bart-scott-can-t-wait-o.gif

Originally posted by St. Louis Hawk:
Per Morehouse on Twitter

Whichever way this plays out this fall, these boards are guaranteed to be awesome!

ec
So true. If he doesn't win the job the "He sucked crowd will chirp." If he wins the job and thrives the "KF and staff can't coach QB crowd will chirp."

Only win for KF is if he gets the job and sucks.........otherwise some crowd will blame him and staff for something.

"He will be back starting for Iowa this year ahead of God's gift to quarterbacking CJ. There is no way he is going to Michigan"- Sincerely Kilroy 222222

I cannot wait to see his first post after this was announced, also his first set of posts if CJ plays well this year.

Originally posted by FullTilt:

Per Morehouse on Twitter

So true. If he doesn't win the job the "He sucked crowd will chirp." If he wins the job and thrives the "KF and staff can't coach QB crowd will chirp."

Only win for KF is if he gets the job and sucks.........otherwise some crowd will blame him and staff for something.
In your opinion, which of the above scenarios would allow for legitimate criticism of our coaching staff? Is there such a scenario, or are our coaches infallible in your eyes?

Originally posted by ThatsFootball:

Per Morehouse on Twitter

In your opinion, which of the above scenarios would allow for legitimate criticism of our coaching staff? Is there such a scenario, or are our coaches infallible in your eyes?
I think our coaching staff deserves plenty of criticism but I'm not sure they do in regards to how Ruddock performs at Michigan. I just think this is a no win for them. If he stars it will be that our staff couldn't develop him and the "Start Beathard Crowd" won't say anything. If he doesn't win the starting job then the Beathard crowd will say he should have been starting all along.

Now in your coaches are clearly always wrong eyes...........what scenario would make them look good?

Per Morehouse on Twitter

I think our coaching staff deserves plenty of criticism but I'm not sure they do in regards to how Ruddock performs at Michigan. I just think this is a no win for them. If he stars it will be that our staff couldn't develop him and the "Start Beathard Crowd" won't say anything. If he doesn't win the starting job then the Beathard crowd will say he should have been starting all along.

Now in your coaches are clearly always wrong eyes...........what scenario would make them look good?
In this case, neither for the reasons you already stated (an must have some merit if you have already thought of them and stated them). Either Jake is a poor QB and should not have been playing last year (which apparently has some legs as Kirk apparently figured it out at the end of the season), or he does well at UM it will be painfully obvious that our offensive "schemes" are so poor that a somewhat talented QB did such a forgettable job here.

Best case for this coaching staff would be for CJB and Jake to do poorly. That way it is pretty clear that their problem lies with recruiting (which shouldn't surprise anyone right now).

Per Morehouse on Twitter

In this case, neither for the reasons you already stated (an must have some merit if you have already thought of them and stated them). Either Jake is a poor QB and should not have been playing last year (which apparently has some legs as Kirk apparently figured it out at the end of the season), or he does well at UM it will be painfully obvious that our offensive "schemes" are so poor that a somewhat talented QB did such a forgettable job here.

Best case for this coaching staff would be for CJB and Jake to do poorly. That way it is pretty clear that their problem lies with recruiting (which shouldn't surprise anyone right now).
Or he succeeds at Michigan because he had another year of development (happens) and he was surrounded by better playmakers (very easily the case). In which case I don't think you or any of the other haters (which I am borderline, I think change is needed at this point) would admit is a possibility. They would just choose your argument above.

I think Jake will do fine at Michigan because the overall talent level is so much higher than at Iowa. He will have much better receivers and a running game to fall back on. He probably won't have to air it out. What he excels at...being a game manager...will work better in Ann Arbor than in Iowa City.

Per Morehouse on Twitter

1) Or he succeeds at Michigan because he had another year of development (happens) and he was 2) surrounded by better playmakers (very easily the case). In which case I don't think you or any of the other haters (which I am borderline, I think change is needed at this point) would admit is a possibility. They would just choose your argument above.
1) Doubtful this would be due to development after 4 years of the same thing and suddenly switching (and learning something completely new). Coaching would be the primary reason.

2) Entirely possible for playmakers like you say. However, lack of OL talent will not be justifiable.

Per Morehouse on Twitter

1) Or he succeeds at Michigan because he had another year of development (happens) and he was 2) surrounded by better playmakers (very easily the case). In which case I don't think you or any of the other haters (which I am borderline, I think change is needed at this point) would admit is a possibility. They would just choose your argument above.
1) Doubtful this would be due to development after 4 years of the same thing and suddenly switching (and learning something completely new). Coaching would be the primary reason.

2) Entirely possible for playmakers like you say. However, lack of OL talent will not be justifiable.
Are you implying that a players development has peeked after 4 years of college at the age of 22? Come on man. If Ruddock stayed at Iowa for another 5 years............You don't think he would show any improvement from last season?

Per Morehouse on Twitter

Are you implying that a players development has peeked after 4 years of college at the age of 22? Come on man. If Ruddock stayed at Iowa for another 5 years............You don't think he would show any improvement from last season?
Not at all. But watching Jake's development over the years, which led him to a very average B10 QB status, suddenly pick up and do very well in year five after having a new coach, new teammates, and new offensive scheme, would give me great doubts that the majority of improvement was due to Jake alone.

Also should point out that for most players, development is directly tied to coaching (which is why Kirk is praised for developing offensive linemen). So I'm not sure your statement really changes anything.

Per Morehouse on Twitter

Not at all. But watching Jake's development over the years, which led him to a very average B10 QB status, suddenly pick up and do very well in year five after having a new coach, new teammates, and new offensive scheme, would give me great doubts that the majority of improvement was due to Jake alone.

Also should point out that for most players, development is directly tied to coaching (which is why Kirk is praised for developing offensive linemen). So I'm not sure your statement really changes anything.
I agree if Jake just blows up and crushes it for Michigan then the results and scenarios should be looked at. I just think it is funny that the only scenario that you stated Kirk wins.........is if both QB's suck.

Originally posted by StormHawk42:
Hope he tears it up out there
he doesnt even have to tear it up. just do what he did at iowa last season. 62.6 complettion percentage 16 td 5 int. last year our starting qb threw 10 td and 15 int and fumbled the ball a dozen times and our backup was worse. if our starting qb last year had those stats we are looking at 8-4 instead of 5-7.

Per Morehouse on Twitter

I agree if Jake just blows up and crushes it for Michigan then the results and scenarios should be looked at. I just think it is funny that the only scenario that you stated Kirk wins.........is if both QB's suck.
I definitely didn't say wins, just best case scenario for him. Although if CJB lights it up and we win 11+ games (
laugh.r191677.gif
), while I still will know Kirk was an idiot for not having CJ #1 last year, I truthfully wouldn't care all that much how Jake does.

Per Morehouse on Twitter

I definitely didn't say wins, just best case scenario for him. Although if CJB lights it up and we win 11+ games (
laugh.r191677.gif
), while I still will know Kirk was an idiot for not having CJ #1 last year, I truthfully wouldn't care all that much how Jake does.
Ha. Agree. Best case scenario for all is that both QB's have good seasons.

Originally posted by HAWK-N-402 (4):
Best of luck JR. Muck fichigan.
You always exhibit such acumen and are truly cultured.
How do you sneak by the BD teacher and get on the computer so often?

Originally posted by BuddyRydell:

Just as you always exhibit such maturity and completely balanced sanity.
Thinking that if you behave, that you'll safe from the ban hammer? Think again.
It'll drop when ever someone wants it to drop Matty.

Are you having a good day?

Originally posted by Aegon_Targaryen:

Aegon ol' buddy. You have been ignoring me. I thought you didn't love me anymore.
Foley didn't get the ban hammer my foolish friend, he just retired. I could still post as him if I desired. Just thought it was time for a change. If everyone is going to keep calling me Matt, I might go back.
You certainly have changed your posting style since I first met you. After I put you in line, and showed you how ridiculous you looked with all your childish name calling and the physical threats you used to make, you have made huge strides. I like the new you and I take great pride that I had a lot to do with it. You're still not on my level, but you're getting there, and if you work hard you can do it!

I'm having an awesome day. Keep in touch!
This post was edited on 4/2 4:42 AM by BuddyRydell

Aegon ol' buddy. You have been ignoring me. I thought you didn't love me anymore.
Foley didn't get the ban hammer my foolish friend, he just retired. I could still post as him if I desired. Just thought it was time for a change. If everyone is going to keep calling me Matt, I might go back.
You certainly have changed your posting style since I first met you. After I put you in line, and showed you how ridiculous you looked with all your childish name calling and the physical threats you used to make, you have made huge strides. I like the new you and I take great pride that a had a lot to do with it. You're still not on my level, but you're getting there, and if you work hard you can do it!

This is quite the reversal from yesterday when you claimed to not know about a poster named Matt Foley. This is playing out pretty sad, even for you Matt.

Originally posted by studed:
he doesnt even have to tear it up. just do what he did at iowa last season. 62.6 complettion percentage 16 td 5 int. last year our starting qb threw 10 td and 15 int and fumbled the ball a dozen times and our backup was worse. if our starting qb last year had those stats we are looking at 8-4 instead of 5-7.
Iowa fans don't care about stats. They care about wins, and clearly Jake wasn't going to help Iowa win enough games to satisfy their fandom.

Originally posted by EvilMonkeyInTheCloset:
Iowa fans don't care about stats. They care about wins, and clearly Jake wasn't going to help Iowa win enough games to satisfy their fandom.
That's a silly statement, because when your QBs throw 10 TDs and 18 INTs you start to care about stats like those very quickly -- for the simple reason that stats like those lose games.

Originally posted by DrMazenblue:

That's a silly statement,
I know. That's why I said it
indifferent.r191677.gif

You certainly have changed your posting style since I first met you. After I put you in line, and showed you how ridiculous you looked with all your childish name calling and the physical threats you used to make, you have made huge strides. I like the new you and I take great pride that I had a lot to do with it. You're still not on my level, but you're getting there, and if you work hard you can do it!

This post was edited on 4/2 4:42 AM by BuddyRydell
Did you really just try to redirect how you have been playing 'nice towards' me? It's not the most original way at trying to get in someones head, but at least you use a little bit of strategy.

How drunk are you by noon usually Matty?

Good luck to him. I guess we'll get to see once and for all if the issue truly was Jake or if it was the guys calling the plays.

Or Kirks job. Surprised you guys keep leaving him out of these discussions like he didn't put CJ ahead of him during his post-season-depth-chart-press-release.

Happy for Rudock. Icing on the whole cake is Iowa wins 9 or more games and Rudock beats O$U.

Well this means kf will have to change the playbook,signs and snap counts etc.

JR to Michigan best news short of KF's resignation. No matter what he does or doesn't do at Michigan, JR was never the best QB at Iowa. It's a shame it took the coaching staff two years longer to realize that than it did some of us stupid message board posters. And if JR wins the Wolverines' job and has a good year, it says two things that should be obvious already: the cupboard is bare in Ann Arbor, and Harbaugh is a better coach than KF. And that's all it says. I'll take CJB any day of the week, but especially on Saturdays in the fall. See what some Iowa players, and CJB himself, told The Gazette in Morehouse's story.
Link: http://thegazette.com/subject/sports/iowa-qb-news-all-over-the-place-20150401

Good luck to Rudock.
If Harbaugh is looking for a game manager, JR can fill that bill.

Originally posted by SDHawkDoc:
Good luck to Rudock.
If Harbaugh is looking for a game manager, JR can fill that bill.
This.

Don't wish him anything but good luck since we don't play them this year anyway. Seems like he was a good kid and teammate by all accounts. I am however glad we have CJ because I just think he is overall better option for us.

Originally posted by CoachoftheFuture1:
JR to Michigan best news short of KF's resignation. No matter what he does or doesn't do at Michigan, JR was never the best QB at Iowa. It's a shame it took the coaching staff two years longer to realize that than it did some of us stupid message board posters. And if JR wins the Wolverines' job and has a good year, it says two things that should be obvious already: the cupboard is bare in Ann Arbor, and Harbaugh is a better coach than KF. And that's all it says. I'll take CJB any day of the week, but especially on Saturdays in the fall. See what some Iowa players, and CJB himself, told The Gazette in Morehouse's story.
Link: http://thegazette.com/subject/sports/iowa-qb-news-all-over-the-place-20150401
Kirk must not have watched many of the games during the season if it took the bowl game to realize who was better. It is kind of sad he was begging CJ to stay within 24 hours of the bowl game because he finally realized who was better. That phone call might have saved KF's job.

This post was edited on 4/2 4:07 PM by hawkeyesports92

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT