ADVERTISEMENT

****Rutgers vs Hawks Game Thread****

JBO is a leader but you can't just clear out and let him go one on one and have him go out and get a basket. Iowa doesn't have that type of elite PG.

Connor is okay, but he had two turnovers including one for a runnout score other way. This team wasn't used to the tough on ball defense and just turned it over way too much today. Plus we didn't have any rebounders...Rutgers was taking 3balls from side and 90 percent of the time those misses will go off the other side of rim and Iowa had no one running to the spot. Just out hustled and not quick enough and not strong enough.

I am thankful we won and at Rutgers is no gimme...but Iowa needs to play better to separate itself as a top team in B1G. Today was lot of heart, effort at times, and luck.

Reactions: dekhawk
I'm asking him to clarify his comment, because I hope that's not what he is alluding to. That should have been obvious to anyone with 7th grade reading comprehension skills.

And I can assure you my IQ is superior to yours if you really want to try to match wits.
Better to clarify in your post then. Sounded like YOU were alluding to that.

Better to clarify in your post then. Sounded like YOU were alluding to that.

Bullshit. Read the second sentence. Just because you don't possess reading comprehension skills beyond a 4th grader doesn't mean I need to draw it out in crayon for simpletons like you.

His comment was at best nebulous, and a possible tacit dig at Fran, so I wanted him to clarify what he meant. Good gawd, man. Obvious.

Bullshit. Read the second sentence. Just because you don't possess reading comprehension skills beyond a 4th grader doesn't mean I need to draw it out in crayon for simpletons like you.

His comment was at best nebulous, and a possible tacit dig at Fran, so I wanted him to clarify what he meant. Good gawd, man. Obvious.
Not sure about your IQ, but your maturity level is about 3rd grade...

Reactions: iahawks10
This. Baker’s shot was “ahhhh shit, that was a lucky bounce.” Joe’s shot would be hard pressed to be repeated, even with no one guarding him and unlimited opportunities to make it again.
A NJ sports writer already calling foul. Said that the zebras calling basket interference wiped out 2 points for them. He didn't mention the hand checking and other calls Iowa didn't get called their way though.

https://www.app.com/story/sports/college/2019/02/16/rutgers-iowa-basketball/2881428002/

Last edited:
Reactions: WestIAHawk
A NJ sports writer already calling foul. Said that the zebras calling basket interference wiped out 2 points for them. He didn't mention the hand checking and other calls Iowa didn't get called their way though.

I’m sure he was fine with the Rutgers guards riding Bohannon like a pony all night.

The ball was cleary above the cylinder. Just because it wasn’t ON the rim like the moron commentators said, doesn’t mean it’s not basket interference.

If that amazes you, you must not watch a lot. The guy is a freak athlete and could be excellent on defense but he just mails it in 50% of the time.
No. I do watch a lot and kn
If that amazes you, you must not watch a lot. The guy is a freak athlete and could be excellent on defense but he just mails it in 50% of the time.
No, I do watch a lot and I'm quite familiar with his lack of effort at times but one particular series really showed how he can be a liability and that really hurts them especially when the games are close. Yes, he's an offensive phenom but you need, expect more from your best player.

Reactions: mstp1992
Rutgers D was tough and they took advantage of the refs swallowing their whistles for most of the night. I’m all for playing as physical as they’ll let you. I don’t like it and think it hurts the game, but I’d be encouraging it if I was the coach. It should be a good game in Iowa City.

Thanks for the kind and classy post.

RU guy here to offer congrats. Too bummed out last night when I got home to go onto any of the boards or watch any more hoops. Great game to watch except for last 3.3

I can understand the disappointment. We’ve seen that kind of thing a number of times agsinst us over the years.

I’ll just say that this game represented the B1G very well. Your fan base showed up and made the RAC a formidable home court with awesome energy. Nothing to be ashamed of and just keep recruiting and getting better. Good things will happen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT