ADVERTISEMENT

****Rutgers vs Hawks Game Thread****

Lol. Okay.

I think you were mistaking him for the only other black guard on our team (Dailey). Besides, it's not like JBo or Connor put on a dribbling exhibition out there. Moss should have been in the game.

Moss straight turned the ball over at the top of the key down the stretch.

I’m buying a lottery ticket and making an appointment to see a therapist

48930275.jpg

Aren't you guys saying the same thing? Luvmyhawks said the shot was lucky.
I said Bohannon’s game winner was a Lot of luck. People ripped me saying it was result of practice and luck had nothing to do with it.

Rutgers makes one from less distance and everybody screams luck.

Very interesting.

Lot of Iowa players turned the ball over. They have no true point guard or leadership, and it really shows up in road games.

We'll enjoy the miraculous win, though!

Neither Bohannon or Connor turned the ball over at the top of the key, therefore they were in to handle the ball at the end of the game.

No true point guard or leadership? You are out of your mind with the leadership statement.

Reactions: MikeyHawk
I said Bohannon’s game winner was a Lot of luck. People ripped me saying it was result of practice and luck had nothing to do with it.

Very interesting.

Well, there is a lot of luck involved sure, but let's not discount these guys put a lot of hours in the gym shooting jump shots. I made a lot of "lucky" shots in my day as well. Good shooters sometimes make their own luck.

But, yes, JBo's and Weizy's shots were a tad bit of skill and a lot of luck. I would say Iowa is long overdue for some good luck in a season, don't you?

Okay, I'm going to get this out of the way then go celebrate.

Fran, wtf were you thinking keeping Moss on the bench? Connor, please stick with baseball and let Daddy bring in a real point guard. Hawkeyes, it's okay to play defense with the same intensity on the road.

Oh, we still need a true point guard. ;)

All right, f*** it! Go Hawkeyes! Twenty wins and counting, bay-bee!
The only thing I can think of is turnovers. Regardless, a totally valid criticism. Having your leading scorer on the bench in crunch time is completely asinine

Not really if you believe you want two ball handlers in there above a fourth shooter. JBo, Wieskamp, and Baer can shoot if needed.

Baer turns the ball over a lot. Even Wiezy had a few unforced turnovers tonight. There really aren't a lot of options at guard/small forward for Iowa right now. With Moss playing as well as he was, I think you got to put him in. Just my opinion.

Reactions: unoHawkeye
Neither Bohannon or Connor turned the ball over at the top of the key, therefore they were in to handle the ball at the end of the game.

No true point guard or leadership? You are out of your mind with the leadership statement.

Who's the leader of this team?

The only thing I can think of is turnovers. Regardless, a totally valid criticism. Having your leading scorer on the bench in crunch time is completely asinine

Yeah, the turnovers are largely due to guys who aren't capable of putting it on the deck and taking it to the tin trying to do so. A lot of lazy, sloppy passes that occur off the dribble when said player realizes he's out of his element driving to the hole. Iowa could really use a player comfortable with the ball in his hands (like a Woolridge or Oliver or Horner) who can make a big shot or assist at the end of the shot clock. In fairness, JBo does a great job with what he has to work with.

Reactions: unoHawkeye
Have you watched Bohannon play this year?

Yes, he's a great player. And has had big moments at the end of games.

I don't see him as being a leader, though. Not a knock on him, that's just not his strength. I'll grant you he is the closest thing to one Iowa has on the team.

Very lucky. Not that the Rutgers's shot wasn't lucky too, but Joe's was very lucky.

And Iowa fans on this board would be singing a much different tune if that shot had clanked off the side of the backboard.

This. Baker’s shot was “ahhhh shit, that was a lucky bounce.” Joe’s shot would be hard pressed to be repeated, even with no one guarding him and unlimited opportunities to make it again.

Baer turns the ball over a lot. Even Wiezy had a few unforced turnovers tonight. There really aren't a lot of options at guard/small forward for Iowa right now. With Moss playing as well as he was, I think you got to put him in. Just my opinion.

Moss played really well at PSU too, but CM played down the stretch.

I get your opinion and I like Moss as well. Iowa is 20-5 right now. (4-3) on the road in the B1G. Of those three road losses, two were blow outs and the third Iowa was coming back at the end from being blown out. I don’t think guard play down the stretch had any effect on the road losses.

Well, there is a lot of luck involved sure, but let's not discount these guys put a lot of hours in the gym shooting jump shots. I made a lot of "lucky" shots in my day as well. Good shooters sometimes make their own luck.

But, yes, JBo's and Weizy's shots were a tad bit of skill and a lot of luck. I would say Iowa is long overdue for some good luck in a season, don't you?

WGAF? Luck, skill, Hippie Jesus? We won and it’s ok to have a little luck sometime.

What grade are you in?

I'm asking him to clarify his comment, because I hope that's not what he is alluding to. That should have been obvious to anyone with 7th grade reading comprehension skills.

And I can assure you my IQ is superior to yours if you really want to try to match wits.

Very interesting.
As others have said, do you have ANY idea what you are talking about? For eff's sake, JBo made the exact same shot against Rutgers. He is a great shooter who I would take against any current Rutgers player in a game of horse. Give him a crack within 30 feet and he'll make it. That is why Wieskamp was open.

Aren't you guys saying the same thing? Luvmyhawks said the shot was lucky.

Very interesting.

Because it bounced off the front of the room. Duh.

Reactions: iahawks10
Moss played really well at PSU too, but CM played down the stretch.

I get your opinion and I like Moss as well. Iowa is 20-5 right now. (4-3) on the road in the B1G. Of those three road losses, two were blow outs and the third Iowa was coming back at the end from being blown out. I don’t think guard play down the stretch had any effect on the road losses.

Mostly agree, but guard play is always a factor in the modern era of college basketball, but I get what you're saying.

I think Moss is okay. His issue seems to be between his ears in the way of consistency. You got to give Fran credit. He is getting the most out of the talent he has and doing it without a true point guard.

Reactions: iahawks10
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT