ADVERTISEMENT

Sally Mason retiring!!!

Originally posted by rillo 62:

Originally posted by GoHawks2009:
Originally posted by rillo 62:

Originally posted by MateenCleaves:

Originally posted by Pitcher24:

Originally posted by LinusPF:

This is probably why Barta has started looking.
Do you even know that for a fact?
I know it for a fact. The new president will immediately fire him (or agree to mutual split) for no other reason than the contract he awarded KF. I don't care if the coach is Nick Saban -- a contract of that duration and amount shows a gross incompetence in his ability as an administrator.

He gone.
So,the first order of business for the new President is to fire the Athletic Director? Nah
A president of any major university should always put athletics first and foremost these days because that's where the money comes from. No emphasis on successful athletics......piggy bank dries up, people lose their sh**, and then the firings occur.

True story, for sure.
I'm gonna assume that you're joking.
post-32842-ron-swanson-yep-gif-yes-yup-fu-qhg3.gif

Originally posted by FG86:
Originally posted by JRHawk2003:
That never got any serious traction. Rawlings was not known as the biggest booster of athletics, but its not like Iowa Sports were hurting because of him.

On a side note, when I graduated at Carver, one of the last guys ripped off his gown on stage and had the full Elvis costume on and shook Rawlings hand. The look on Rawlings face was priceless.
Irrelevant. You stated, "Get a clue. It makes zero .....0....nada difference to the athletic dept who is hired as president."

The fact Rawlings was pushing this and the link posted above about what Fran said about Sally means your original statement is not true.What did what he say effect? Nothing.

Iowa won the Big 10 in 1990 and went 10-1-1 in 1991 when he was there. Dr. Tom was hired during his tenure as well.

Originally posted by JRHawk2003:
Some of you are graduates and really this clueless?

The athletic department and KF are low low priorities. Barta is only judged by the fact that the department is self sustaining. I expect it from the Kirkwood fan base, but sheesh people,

Get a clue. It makes zero .....0....nada difference to the athletic dept who is hired as president.

They have their hands full raising money and dealing with real problems.

Threads like this make me think the U of Chicago got it right.
Sorry JR but you are way off - I got a look at the secret New President's checklist:

1. Redecorate the mansion
2. Fire Gary Barta
3. Make sure Iowa is still holding classes and doin' academic stuff
4. More night games at Kinnick
5. Remove ban on tailgaters puking and peeing wherever they want.
6. Visit the Hospital. Find out why it keeps infringing on football parking
7. Expand President's box at Kinnick
8. Law School's are cool. See if we have one.
9. Lower academic standards for 4 & 5* athletes.
10. Check approval rating at HR

Oh, and BTW, the football team at Chicago U sucks. Duh.

Just heard on the radio today that the U of I will be paying Mason $350,000 per year in retirement or 60% of her former highest years salary. If true that is one hell of a retirement for seven years employment. Any one know if there is any truth to this or is it BS....

Originally posted by normgranger:
Just heard on the radio today that the U of I will be paying Mason $350,000 per year in retirement or 60% of her former highest years salary. If true that is one hell of a retirement for seven years employment. Any one know if there is any truth to this or is it BS....
True, president emeritus will be her title. She is not required to do anything during the first year of this new title. When they hired her in 2007, they gave her tenure. But the BOR has been trying to oust her for a while so they probably feel it is worth it to get rid of her as president.

I posted this in another thread, anybody else hearing Terry Branstad may become the new U of I President??

True, president emeritus will be her title. She is not required to do anything during the first year of this new title. When they hired her in 2007, they gave her tenure. But the BOR has been trying to oust her for a while so they probably feel it is worth it to get rid of her as president.
Thanks for the info . Granting tenure explains a lot....

So Sally just negotiated to receive the entire AIB campus and students as a gift. Iowa now has a large Des Moines presence.

I wonder what the roi is on 315k for that?

Oh, Pretender.... wanting someone naive enough to believe that you have any unique insight whatsoever. What a hoot!

Tell us more about how "they" did this and "they" said that. Show us how the BOR has been 'trying to oust her...' Perhaps with your special knowledge of the matter, Sally Mason will have cause for action against the board!

(After all, that was the basis of your little rant on here recently when a certain coach was relieved of her duties. What is the difference now... other than the obvious, of course? )

Once a Pretender, always the Pretender!

clown.r191677.gif

Originally posted by 5Fan5:

Oh, Pretender.... wanting someone naive enough to believe that you have any unique insight whatsoever. What a hoot!

Tell us more about how "they" did this and "they" said that. Show us how the BOR has been 'trying to oust her...' Perhaps with your special knowledge of the matter, Sally Mason will have cause for action against the board!

(After all, that was the basis of your little rant on here recently when a certain coach was relieved of her duties. What is the difference now... other than the obvious, of course? )

clown.r191677.gif
You are denying that THEY gave her tenure?

You know, 5, you should really pay more attention. Her five-year contract was not renewed in 2012, she received a vote of no confidence from the dean of the College of Education and she has been thoroughly criticized for her performance by both the Governor and BOR.

You should really try to get out of your dark hole more often so you are somewhat aware of what is happening in the world.

clown.r191677.gif

You know, 5, you should really pay more attention. Her five-year contract was not renewed in 2012, she received a vote of no confidence from the dean of the College of Education and she has been thoroughly criticized for her performance by both the Governor and BOR.

You should really try to get out of your dark hole more often so you are somewhat aware of what is happening in the world.
Just getting back from Ames, FG?

Would that be the same "they" that you now want others to believe are trying to oust her? Seems about as inconsistent as you most of the time.

Speaking of getting out... why don't you back away from the keyboard for awhile? Wiki really is not doing you any favors lately. Speculating and pretending to know things that you have absolutely zero first hand knowledge about. Really makes you seem more foolish than ever.

clown.r191677.gif

She received a vote of no confidence from the Dean of the college of education? Are you sure about that?

The bor has become an embarrassment that should be investigated for misconduct and misuse of state money.

Originally posted by hawkedoff:
She received a vote of no confidence from the Dean of the college of education? Are you sure about that?

The bor has become an embarrassment that should be investigated for misconduct and misuse of state money.
Sorry, it was a poorly worded sentence. The Dean of the College of Education received a vote of no confidence under Sally's tenure. There were issues with emails being ordered deleted by the provost and Sally praised him for this.

Whether the BOR is an embarrassment or not, they have been vocal about how Sally has or has not handled issues.

This post was edited on 1/27 9:30 AM by FG86

clown.r191677.gif

Just getting back from Ames, FG?

Would that be the same "they" that you now want others to believe are trying to oust her? Seems about as inconsistent as you most of the time.

Speaking of getting out... why don't you back away from the keyboard for awhile? Wiki really is not doing you any favors lately. Speculating and pretending to know things that you have absolutely zero first hand knowledge about. Really makes you seem more foolish than ever.

clown.r191677.gif
No, was not in Ames. Sorry to burst your bubble.

"They" is the BOR. I don't need Wiki, 5. I just pay attention to what is going on in Iowa. I don't need to speculate or pretend.

FG is just another in a long line of clown fans that will take shots at Iowa and at the same time refuse to acknowlege or call out what goes on in Lames.

So now that Iowa has a campus in Des Moines what next for ISU? ISU and the bor played a game and woke the giant. Think we will see the bor step back from the cliff they created?

I hope Sally comes out publicly after she is no longer is working for the university to explain things from her end. I doubt she does but in the long run it would be very good for the state for her to pull back the bandage on the bor

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT