ADVERTISEMENT

Senior Nationals

Spencer looked to be up at an entirely other level even from the Bill Farrell. He is moving much quicker to his shots and he is defending better with more precision, also he looks healthier. Im am mostly basing this from his semifinal match, but the true eye test will be against Mega in the final.
Better than the Farrel but Grabbing air on a lot more of his shots than usual… lost a step in explosiveness imo but he’s too good on top and defending shots that it dont matter against these guys

Better than the Farrel but Grabbing air on a lot more of his shots than usual… lost a step in explosiveness imo but he’s too good on top and defending shots that it dont matter against these guys
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take

Warner loses to Schultz in a wild one. Was down 16-11 late in the second and got a TD plus caution and one to make it 16-13 with 0:32 left. Had the start in par terre and damn near gut the gut wrench over but couldn't quite hold it. Would have needed 17 as Schultz had criteria.

HWC with frustrating results overall
Cass was dominated by Aiello. Anyone know where he wrestled in college and at what weight? Cass looks alittle slow for 213. Maybe just needs more time for his body to adjust to the weight, and work on quickness drills. You can only improve that so much, speed is something you’re born with. He’s alittle too small for heavy and alittle slow for 213 unfortunately

Cass was dominated by Aiello. Anyone know where he wrestled in college and at what weight? Cass looks alittle slow for 213. Maybe just needs more time for his body to adjust to the weight, and work on quickness drills. You can only improve that so much, speed is something you’re born with. He’s alittle too small for heavy and alittle slow for 213 unfortunately
VA. Has brothers that wrestled Wheaton for Jim Gruenwald

Reactions: Rotisserie Scrotz
He's good. Beat Warner at Midlands one year and at this tournament. Was also the guy who had Dean beat at NCAAs and got screwed over.

Warner vs Cass up now for 5th and the last qualifying spot.

Lot of hand fighting, obvious familiarity here. Warner goes in the clock and gives up the point. 1-0 after first, no shots from either.

2nd: Cass gets the TD, then three laces. Warner yells out in pain and stoppage but right back to restart. Cass gets the tech with a gut on the restart, wins 11-0, qualified.

Rose Cass also just won her 5th place match to qualify, was in Tony's corner for his match.

Last edited:
Warner vs Cass up now for 5th and the last qualifying spot.

Lot of hand fighting, obvious familiarity here. Warner goes in the clock and gives up the point. 1-0 after first, no shots from either.

2nd: Cass gets the TD, then three laces. Warner yells out in pain and stoppage but right back to restart. Cass gets the tech with a gut on the restart, wins 11-0, qualified.

Rose Cass also just won her 5th place match to qualify, was in Tony's corner for his match.
Cass with the tech 11-0

Cass with the tech 11-0
Feel bad for warner. Just seems like he isnt all in at times. Great kid! Seems like since fresh or soph yr its bern gradual decline. So talented coming out of HS. Is he injured where he cant condition?

Reactions: Gutt15
HWC with frustrating results overall
I disagree with this take. HWC with two in the finals with four guys qualified for the Olympic trials and one other guy with imo a legit shot at getting in at the last chance qualifier. I think we have a pretty real chance at having six guys qualified come June. Compared to what one guy in 2021? Spencer looks strong and has a real shot at an Olympic team. I honestly thought the bull was done after 2022 NCAAs and he has managed to seemingly reignite his fire and make the finals at a big tournament. Cass and Warner looked brilliant at times and frustrating at times however both are super green at senior world competition and I think both have bright futures. HWC had its best weekend in years imo.

I disagree with this take. HWC with two in the finals with four guys qualified for the Olympic trials and one other guy with imo a legit shot at getting in at the last chance qualifier. I think we have a pretty real chance at having six guys qualified come June. Compared to what one guy in 2021? Spencer looks strong and has a real shot at an Olympic team. I honestly thought the bull was done after 2022 NCAAs and he has managed to seemingly reignite his fire and make the finals at a big tournament. Cass and Warner looked brilliant at times and frustrating at times however both are super green at senior world competition and I think both have bright futures. HWC had its best weekend in years imo.
At least Warner can be on full feed at this weight, which is a big deal to guys who’ve been wrestling and cutting weight for a long time. College needs to add a 220 or 225 weight class. Going from 197 to 285 screws a lot of linebacker type guys who are tweeners. Was even worse in the 1970’s with no weight limit, and a small heavy may have to go against a 450 pound monster like Chris Taylor.

I think we have 3 guys with legit shots to qualify from the last chance. Eierman, Lugo, Warner.

I think we have 3 guys with legit shots to qualify from the last chance. Eierman, Lugo, Warner.
I like HWC future after this yrs preformances on desanto, marrinelli and obviously lee. Lees now but the next few cycles as they get better and others fall off i think we see all 3 on world teams.

was my prediction the whole time. his best version is as a close to full sized heavyweight. his style is much more suited to that. he doesn’t have the foot speed to be a small heavy or 213 imo.

Warner loses to Schultz in a wild one. Was down 16-11 late in the second and got a TD plus caution and one to make it 16-13 with 0:32 left. Had the start in par terre and damn near gut the gut wrench over but couldn't quite hold it. Would have needed 17 as Schultz had criteria.
only a few points shy of their entire college series combined!

Spencer vs. Nico final now. Spencer pancake TD, no turns. Another TD, looks powerful, neutral defense fantastic. 4-0 Spencer at the break.

2nd: Nico in with a nice shot but Spencer gets head in the hole and around for TD. 6-0. Nico now deep in a single and able to finish this time, Spencer avoids giving up backs, 6-2. Wild scramble now after Spencer's high C, well over a minute scramble, takes the whole rest of the period, and Spencer great scrambling to hold on, wins 6-2, your champ.

Last edited:
I may have missed it but why didn't Lugo wrestle this weekend?
I’m not sure. He was there warming up with Desanto. But if any one of those guys ended up qualifying from the last chance I’m not surprised. They’re all good enough to do it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT