ADVERTISEMENT

*******Session 4 Thread*******

Gable beat Gwiz this past summer. Gwiz has two world medals at heavyweight.

Gable and Snyder are very much on the same level.
Really Crabs? Two time senior world champion and Olympic champion that beat Sadulaev? I'm not sold, I hope you are right.

If Gable wins out then he’s the deserving Hodge winner. Facing much better comp and no one is even close.
Level of competition is 5th down on the list of criteria. Spencer leads or is even with Gable on the top 4 criteria.

1) Record
2) Number of Pins
3) Dominance
4) Past Credentials
5) Quality of Competition
6) Sportsmanship/citizenship
7) Heart

YearNameSchool

Reactions: oldhawk56
Just watched Fix in the B12 finals. Here is everything you need to know about expectations in the wrestling world: Fix just beat an unseeded guy 6-1 in the finals, gets rode like a pony in the third and the wrestling world/internet barely notices. It takes Spencer Lee until the third to TF a guy and everybody is wondering what's up. That my friends, is excellence.

Oklahoma just tied Okie State for the B12 title. That regular decision was huge.

Level of competition is 5th down on the list of criteria. Spencer leads or is even with Gable on the top 4 criteria.

1) Record
2) Number of Pins
3) Dominance
4) Past Credentials
5) Quality of Competition
6) Sportsmanship/citizenship
7) Heart

YearNameSchool

Is there a criteria for number of rapes you've been cleared of solely because of how good you wrestle? Gable wins that one.

Gable beat Gwiz this past summer. Gwiz has two world medals at heavyweight.

Gable and Snyder are very much on the same level.
So a college guy that hasn't won an NCAA title is on the same level as a two time NCAA champion, two time world champion, and Olympic champion that also beat Sadulaev.
Got ya. Wth
Freaking laughable, can I make this anymore ridiculous Crab?
An unproven maybe is on the same level as Snyder. Cool.

Is that supposed to prove something? Does that translate to folk?
You should ask Nick Lee considering he was supposed to beat up on Eierman following his freestyle dominance last year.
That’s a valid point. I would love to see gable vs Snyder. Snyder hasn’t gotten any better since going to psu. Gable however has gotten better. Results speak volumes

That’s a valid point. I would love to see gable vs Snyder. Snyder hasn’t gotten any better since going to psu. Gable however has gotten better. Results speak volumes

I think Snyder hit his ceiling his junior year at Ohio state. He is still world class, but his game is pretty much the exact same.

Reactions: Jrjt0518
I think Snyder hit his ceiling his junior year at Ohio state. He is still world class, but his game is pretty much the exact same.
Two time world and an Olympic champ, other than he won another world title and beat Sadulaev after college. Wth?
I'm out, yes Gable is on Snyders level. Lol
Once Gable wins anything at senior level then I will talk.

2021 Big Ten Championships
Points Per Individual
Spencer Lee (Iowa)24
Gable Steveson (Minnesota)23.5
Jaydin Eierman (Iowa)21
Michael Kemmerer (Iowa)21
Ryan Deakin (Northwestern)21
Aaron Brooks (Penn State)20
Sammy Sasso (Ohio State)20
Alex Marinelli (Iowa)19
Myles Amine (Michigan)19
Roman Bravo-Young (Penn State)19
Tony Cassioppi (Iowa)18.5
Mason Parris (Michigan)18
Carter Starocci (Penn State)17
Taylor Venz (Nebraska)17
John Poznanski (Rutgers)16.5
Nick Lee (Penn State)16.5
Devin Schroder (Purdue)16
Ethan Smith (Ohio State)16
Sebastian Rivera (Rutgers)16
Chase Saldate (Michigan State)15.5
Lucas Byrd (Illinois)15.5
Austin DeSanto (Iowa)15
Eric Schultz (Nebraska)15
Kaleb Young (Iowa)15
Rayvon Foley (Michigan State)15
Ridge Lovett (Nebraska)15
Chad Red (Nebraska)14.5
Chris Cannon (Northwestern)14.5
Greg Kerkvliet (Penn State)14.5
Jacob Warner (Iowa)14.5
Cameron Amine (Michigan)13.5
Malik Heinselman (Ohio State)13.5
Brayton Lee (Minnesota)12.5
Logan Massa (Michigan)12.5
Mikey Labriola (Nebraska)12.5
Kendall Coleman (Purdue)12
Mike VanBrill (Rutgers)12
Cameron Caffey (Michigan State)11.5
Michael Blockhus (Minnesota)11.5
Nelson Brands (Iowa)11.5
Peyton Robb (Nebraska)11.5
Brady Berge (Penn State)11
Christopher Weiler (Wisconsin)11
Gerrit Nijenhuis (Purdue)11
Jake Tucker (Michigan State)10.5
Donnell Washington (Indiana)10
Jacob Rundell (Purdue)10
Lucas Davison (Northwestern)10
Colin Valdiviez (Northwestern)9.5
Robbie Howard (Penn State)9.5
Christian Lance (Nebraska)9
Kaleb Romero (Ohio State)9
Kanen Storr (Michigan)9
Parker Filius (Purdue)9
Kyle Burwick (Wisconsin)8.5
Michael DeAugustino (Northwestern)8.5
Trent Hillger (Wisconsin)8.5
Jake Allar (Minnesota)8
Layne Malczewski (Michigan State)8
Michael Beard (Penn State)8
Patrick McKee (Minnesota)8
Tate Orndorff (Ohio State)8
Dylan Duncan (Illinois)7.5
Graham Rooks (Indiana)7.5
Caleb Licking (Nebraska)7
Luke Luffman (Illinois)6.5
Thomas Penola (Purdue)6.5
David Ferrante (Northwestern)6
Drew Hughes (Michigan State)6
Joe Lee (Penn State)6
Jordan Hamdan (Michigan State)6
Dylan Ragusin (Michigan)5.5
Griffin Parriott (Purdue)5.5
Max Lyon (Purdue)5.5
Owen Webster (Minnesota)5.5
Boo Dryden (Minnesota)4.5
Will Lewan (Michigan)4.5
Yahya Thomas (Northwestern)4.5
Billy Janzer (Rutgers)4
Drew Mattin (Michigan)4
Tucker Sjomeling (Nebraska)3
Beau Bartlett (Penn State)2.5
Garrett Jowles (Minnesota)2.5
Jack Medley (Michigan)2.5
Rudy Streck (Indiana)2.5
Jackson Turley (Rutgers)2
Johnny Mologousis (Illinois)2
Jaden Bullock (Michigan)1.5
Andrew Sparks (Minnesota)1
Cayden Rooks (Indiana)1
Dylan DMilio (Ohio State)1
Dylan Shawver (Rutgers)1
Elijah Cleary (Ohio State)1
Eric Barnett (Wisconsin)1
Gavin Hoffman (Ohio State)1
Jared Krattiger (Wisconsin)1
Jonathan Spadafora (Maryland)1
Kyle Luigs (Indiana)1
Peyton Omania (Michigan State)1
Christian Colucci (Rutgers)0.5
DJ Shannon (Illinois)0.5
Drew Scharenbrock (Wisconsin)0.5
Emil Soehnlen (Purdue)0.5
Jaron Smith (Maryland)0.5
Kyle Cochran (Maryland)0.5
Marcos Polanco (Minnesota)0.5
Love it that Cass scored more points than Parris.

Really Crabs? Two time senior world champion and Olympic champion that beat Sadulaev? I'm not sold, I hope you are right.
Yep, I think so.
So a college guy that hasn't won an NCAA title is on the same level as a two time NCAA champion, two time world champion, and Olympic champion that also beat Sadulaev.
Got ya. Wth
Freaking laughable, can I make this anymore ridiculous Crab?
An unproven maybe is on the same level as Snyder. Cool.
Snyder beat Olympic champion Varner 2/3 to make the world team, and won a world title that year before he was ever an NCAA champ. Because he hasn’t won an NCAA title is meaningless. (He would have won last year but covid).

Is that supposed to prove something? Does that translate to folk?
You should ask Nick Lee considering he was supposed to beat up on Eierman following his freestyle dominance last year.
It’s proves that Steveson beat Coon in Freestyle in 2019. Make your own opinion from there. My opinion is that Steveson would beat Coon and Snyder in free or folk style.

My opinion is that Nick Lee did not dominate Eierman in freestyle either.

Beard at 197 and Kerk at hw is better than kerk at 97 and Nevills. Plus he’d have to be rail then so he’d be weak af.

If Gable wins out then he’s the deserving Hodge winner. Facing much better comp and no one is even close.

There are 30 or 40 wrestlers at 125 better than anyone who GS faces. It’s simply a different sport at 125.

There are 30 or 40 wrestlers at 125 better than anyone who GS faces. It’s simply a different sport at 125.
Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

It’s proves that Steveson beat Coon in Freestyle in 2019. Make your own opinion from there. My opinion is that Steveson would beat Coon and Snyder in free or folk style.

My opinion is that Nick Lee did not dominate Eierman in freestyle either.
You think Steveson would beat two time World and One time olympic champ Snyder who beat Sadulaev? What the hell are you basing this on? He won JUNIOR WORLD gold? Wth

You think Steveson would beat two time World and One time olympic champ Snyder who beat Sadulaev? What the hell are you basing this on? He won JUNIOR WORLD gold? Wth
Snyder is not the same wrestler he was!!! They are two different weight classes so it doesn’t matter. I however will put my money that Jden beats him for the spot!!!

I put my skills on displa

why argue with fellow Hawkeye fans tho?

Have you ever been on a Hawkeye board for football, basketball or wrestling .. Hawkeye fans argue with other Hawkeye fans all the time ... is this really lost on you?

We don't all agree ... to top it off, I took a shot at Nebraska and someone stepped in to tell me I shouldn't. You have no idea where I grew up or what I've put up with from Neb fans, so I'll be sure to share my feelings about them whenever I please.

Why wouldnt kerkliviet go 197? Psu already had that other hwt .. i dont know how heavy he is but seems a lot closer to 197
Poor Nevilles - ranked in top 10-15 consistently and doesn’t get to sniff the mat at ncaa. Last year was his chance and it was cancelled.

Reactions: TarpHawk
Gable should be a three time champ but he probably won’t stick around long enough. Parris would be a three timer if not for Gable.
Is Gable is the best HW ever in college?
If not then he’s certainly in the conversation. Freak level talent. He looks like a cat playing with the mouse.

Reactions: 24 so far
Gotta say the BWI board doesn’t seemed that bothered lol you guys on the other hand........well 10 years of frustration and pain from “ped state” whoopin those barking chihuahua’s asses is definitely showing and it’s somewhat satisfying.

BTW, Cassioppi majored Kerkvliet. Nice prediction. You guys had a great big 12 though, congrats. Up to 18th place, gotta feel good for such a storied program. You guy's des

I put my skills on displa

Have you ever been on a Hawkeye board for football, basketball or wrestling .. Hawkeye fans argue with other Hawkeye fans all the time ... is this really lost on you?

We don't all agree ... to top it off, I took a shot at Nebraska and someone stepped in to tell me I shouldn't. You have no idea where I grew up or what I've put up with from Neb fans, so I'll be sure to share my feelings about them whenever I please.
I guess this guy is why they invented the ignore button... 😂

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT