ADVERTISEMENT

Should I be rooting for Wisconsin today?

El Simbolo

HR Heisman
Mar 6, 2002
If my main wishes in the tournament are for Iowa to do well, and secondarily ISU and UNI do well, followed by wishing that anyone not named Kentucky, Kansas, Duke, UNC, UConn, Or Arizona win the whole thing?

I had been thinking about it not being fair if Wisc wins the B1G tournament but doesn't get a 1 seed and gets UK's region. I think if they win today they'll get a 1-seed. So if they're really one of the teams with a better chance (relatively) of beating UK should I actually cheer for them to lose today, get the 2 seed in UK's bracket and increase the chances of them getting a crack at the Wildcats?

I really don't care who wins the game today, I guess if it helped Iowa's RPI I would pick a team. Aside from that no real rooting interest in this one.

Originally posted by Scott559:
I really don't care who wins the game today, I guess if it helped Iowa's RPI I would pick a team. Aside from that no real rooting interest in this one.
A Wisconsin win would help Iowa's RPI more than a MSU win would, but I believe the difference would be quite minor.

Anyone else on board with the thought that as long as none of those 6 teams win the NC the tourney will have been a success?

Plus, of course, the Hawks winning at least one game?

Originally posted by El Simbolo:
If my main wishes in the tournament are for Iowa to do well, and secondarily ISU and UNI do well, followed by wishing that anyone not named Kentucky, Kansas, Duke, UNC, UConn, Or Arizona win the whole thing?

I had been thinking about it not being fair if Wisc wins the B1G tournament but doesn't get a 1 seed and gets UK's region. I think if they win today they'll get a 1-seed. So if they're really one of the teams with a better chance (relatively) of beating UK should I actually cheer for them to lose today, get the 2 seed in UK's bracket and increase the chances of them getting a crack at the Wildcats?
Yes, of Course!
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Several of the "experts" claim that Bucky's seeding has already been decided. I don't think that rumor will have effect on the play today. I expect a very competitive game this afternoon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT